Lost in Translation
Has anyone else seen lost in Translation?

What did you think?

How did it make you feel?

What do you think the point of the movie was?
Well I didnt really want to see it. My hubby got it in a trade with Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
He watched and said it was good. So I thought yeah ok I'll give it a go. I went in not thinking too much and in the end I really thought it was a good movie.
I thought Bill Murrays performance was good though he should stick strickly to comedy, though I can see how he was nominated for an Oscar.
How did it make me feel? Thats a hard question. I cant answer that.
The point of the movie? Does there have to be a point? No idea on that one either. Sorry.
In :love: with Johnny :kiss:
-
In lust with Orlando Heart
Quote:Originally posted by DeamondBleed
Has anyone else seen lost in Translation?

What did you think?

How did it make you feel?

What do you think the point of the movie was?

Yes i have seen it.

I thought it was alright, very slow paced though and a bit hard for me to keep interested through-out the whole movie.

It made me feel glad that I live here and not there.

To contrast the different cultures and ways of life and to show the lonliness people can feel if they are foreign in another country with no friends or family. Also the ways which two totally different people can bond if put in a similar situation and how they adapt to a different culture is forced to live there.
Everyone knows that 90% of all statistics are made up! :wicked: :crazy: :halo:
I saw it, thought it was great but strange. Not your typical kind of movie and certainly not your typical love story. That said, I think it's actually one of the best love stories I've ever seen. It's not about two way too beautiful people getting laid and being silly like all your other love stories. It's about two people, lost in their respective lives, coming together for a brief period of time and helping each other cope with that loneliness and solitude. It's subtle, honest, takes it's time to allow you to really see the characters rather than just react to them. Sopia Coppolla did a wonderful job, I can't believe she's only in her 20s.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
I only recently saw Lost In Translations and I love it, i think it is one of the best love stories on film. I'm absolutely happy for Bill Murray having done this, I had not imagined he can perform as well as he did, because all he did in the past were comedies. It made me happy and sad at the same time, but more happy than sad, it is just so beautiful in its directness and simplicity I cant find words to describe what I felt about it-it just makes you quiet. Sofia Copolla did more than a great job, and everything is perfect. I hope more people would see it because it is a very touching movie.
I enjoyed the film, but am still surprised at its Oscar win. Sofia Coppola's screenplay came off as a great "first draft" to me rather than a finished film, but perhaps some people responded particularly well to its unpolished feel.

I have also noted that people who saw it in a movie theater tended to like it better than those who first saw it on video--perhaps there is something to the way Bill Murray registers more on the big screen.

I liked that it was about people of the opposite sex who do NOT have an affair, but nevertheless develop what is for them a meaningful relationship. Both feel a bit lost and disconnected, and the older man gives the younger woman the benefit of his experience to some fundamental questions. It is neither deeply profound nor deeply funny, but it does capture a sense of dislocation well and the humorous touches throughout make the simple story more accessible and enjoyable. However, audiences should not go in expecting big "yucks."

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Babes of Yore: Lost Boys' Jami Gertz and Spaceballs' Daphne Zuniga august 4 863 November 9th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for "Smurfs: The Lost Village" FilmGuy 0 271 March 15th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  A remake of the Lost Horizons badlands 1 546 July 16th, 2016, 12:11 AM
  Video: 1999 SciFi indie film "Lost: The Black Earth" FilmGuy 1 501 July 27th, 2014, 07:37 PM
  Walden Media has lost the Narnia film rights FilmGuy 1 1,233 January 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Movie about the road of lost innocence badlands 1 1,172 October 17th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  lost boys remake badlands 0 381 March 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Last Post: badlands
  land of the lost trailer badlands 2 498 February 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  Lost In Space? eugenewilson 6 755 May 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  40 Acres - The lost backlot studio Michael 0 1,111 April 16th, 2007, 02:24 AM