Herc season 3 dvd news from Bret Rudnick..
Bret just posted this at my board, and Im passing it on to my fellow Herc fans....Smile

HERC Season 3 DVDs ahead...

HI folks!

Just to let anyone who's interested know, we just shot a bunch of material for the HERC Season 3 DVD set. I did interviews here in New Zealand with Michael Hurst, Rob Tapert, and Rob Gillies (production designer for HERC, XENA, CLEO, and JACK). I decided to shoot Mr. Hurst and Mr. Tapert together for their interview and that went very well. There is a lot of interesting commentary and tidbits throughout the season. In L.A. they shot interviews with Kevin Sorbo, Alex Tydings (I think, she was on the list, anyway) and others. Michael Hurst does a great audio commentary on the season opener MERCENARY (which he directed). Should be a lot of fun stuff for HERC fans -- I quite liked Season 3 and had a good time going back to the eps to research questions. Don't know what the finished product will look like but we did our best to give them stuff to choose from!

http://pub130.ezboard.com/ftalkingxenafr...4706.topic

EZ
Sounds good! I'm really looking forward to Michael commenting on "Mercenary."

Themis
Oh boy, oh boy.....can't wait! Thanks EZ!
EZ, can anybody who posts on your board find out what the Best Buy exclusive will be for Season 3? I get the feeling from my Davis-Anderson contact that it'll sort of be leftovers edited out from the "everybody" extras, but I'd sure like to know.

Thanks for posting - please keep sharing any info you get. We apprecicate it.

Themis
Hi guys,

Bret is answering questions on this, so if you folks have any feel free to post them there. We FINALLY have a member of TPTB listening to us, and showing support for the dvd sets would be a good thing.

Calico and I asked if there would be any bloopers, and here's his answer. He also mentioned best buy..

.........................................................................................
The short answer regarding the HERC bloopers question is: I don't know for sure. I had a look at the proposed DVD layout and I don't see them on there. But having said that, such things can change. I know we shot some material exclusively for "Best Buy" so it's possible bloopers may end up there, or the media company may decide later to put them in, I can't say for sure. Sorry to be so vague and unhelpful. I'm just the interview git. (:

I do know that today I asked the DP for the interview shoot we just did to take a digital snap or two of a park in Ponsonby (an Auckland suburb) which was an inspiration for a set design for an ep in HERC 3. (: I hope that gets included.
Hi Themis,

I don't know that anyone will get more info other than what he posts. If you can't get to it, rest assurd that EZ (and I when I can) will keep everyone here updated.

Here is a question I posed:
"Queistion if I may: Do you have any info about future sets? Mainly that there ARE plans for seasons 4-6?"

It can't hurt to ask. Wink

Enjoy!
^Calico^ :paw:
[Image: calico2.gif]
Calico's Big Cats Page
You know, I registered there but now can't seen to get in. I'll try again from work. At least we know they shot some material with Sam for Season 5.

Themis
When did you register Themis? Where you accepted? If not, try again and I'll let you in..Smile

The more people that post on that thread the better, imo. So far its only me & Calico. <sigh>
I registered as Themisofdelphi (because it wouldn't let me register as Themis - maybe I registered as Themis when you first started the board but haven't been back since I don't want to talk Xena very often!). When I click on the links you've put on this board, the first time it took me to the thread Sharon posted. So I registered so I could post a reply. Now I click on either thread and it takes me to a log in page and then it wants to know where I want to go instead of taking me to the place I originally clicked on. I put in Hercules and got another negative message. It's a hassle so I'm discouraged as well as confooozed, as Calico would say! Don't suppose you could get them to post here??? No offense (HONEST!) but I'd rather talk Herc on a Herc board than a Xena board.......... But I'll go wherever these folk post if I can get there!!

Themis
{{EZ}}

Thanks for the info!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but definitely a time for heroes.
SNAPE is loyal!
I Knew Where New Zealand was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! And Long Live the King!
http://www.shambalayogi.net/main/main.html
{{{{{{{Shamba}}}}}}}}

Your very welcome..Smile

"I registered as Themisofdelphi (because it wouldn't let me register as Themis - maybe I registered as Themis when you first started the board but haven't been back since I don't want to talk Xena very often!). When I click on the links you've put on this board, the first time it took me to the thread Sharon posted. So I registered so I could post a reply. Now I click on either thread and it takes me to a log in page and then it wants to know where I want to go instead of taking me to the place I originally clicked on. I put in Hercules and got another negative message. It's a hassle so I'm discouraged as well as confooozed, as Calico would say! Don't suppose you could get them to post here??? No offense (HONEST!) but I'd rather talk Herc on a Herc board than a Xena board.......... But I'll go wherever these folk post if I can get there!!'

>>>>Okay, I think I know what the problem is. You registered a ezboard handle right? Did you apply for membership after that? Once you apply for membership I'll let you in. You'll get a email stating that, then log in to your ezboard handle and go on the board. The reason you saw Sharons thread is because the board is open to guests on the weekend. You cant post unless your a member though.

I doubt I could get TPTB to post anywhere. <g> The forum this thread is on 'is' a Herc board, not a Xena one. The board is set up like this one, with different forums. The Herc forum is all Herc..Smile
Quote:Originally posted by EZ RYDER
>>>>Okay, I think I know what the problem is. You registered a ezboard handle right? Did you apply for membership after that?

I guess I thought that was my application. Strange boards - open to guests on weekends??? In what time zone, since Friday is Saturday some places and Sunday is Monday some places, so knowing what time zone the board uses is helpful to those who just want to read!

I'll look at it again tonight.

Themis
I asked the following:
Thanks again for the insights to the making of the DVD's. Especially the info on Best Buy.

Queistion if I may: Do you have any info about future sets? Mainly that there ARE plans for seasons 4-6?

Have a great day!
Calico

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Calico and EZ Ryder,

Yes, there are plans to put out Seasons 4-6 on DVD, along with extra material. We are planning for that right now. I can't say yet what or who will be a part of it. At the moment I am trying to sell the media company on a very special project as part of upcoming HERC and XENA releases -- so far the media company PTB have been very positive about it and we're talking budget right now, so I don't want to jinx it. (: Suffice to say, if it gets approved and works out as currently planned, I believe fans will really be pleasantly surprised. (: The folks I've been working with in the company that is getting this extra material together have been very supportive and enthusiastic, and it's been a very pleasant experience -- we're flattered and pleased that after their first DVD releases they asked WHOOSH! to participate. With me in Auckland and Kym in Los Angeles, it makes things even easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I replied:
Thank you very much Mr. Rudnick for sharing with us this very good news!

I'm sure all that read this will be very pleased at the news that we should get ALL 6 seasons this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This kitty is keeping her paws crossed!!

Enjoy!
Tiger Dress
[Image: calico32.gif]
Calico's Big Cats Page

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost House Pictures news (Monkey's Paw, Siren, Burst, etc.) august 27 5,883 April 6th, 2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Michael
  News from Candy aka Erica Hooper lasermn 28 7,138 February 24th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Herc writers make good Themis 6 1,162 May 28th, 2018, 12:50 AM
  Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" august 0 510 September 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Last Post: august
  Season 2 trailer for Ash vs. Evil Dead august 0 484 July 20th, 2016, 06:32 PM
  The band is back together! Ted Raimi joins Ash vs Evil Dead for Season 2! august 1 613 February 12th, 2016, 04:03 PM
  Blackbeard (Hori Ahipene) News ! august 22 6,984 August 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
  Spartacus: War of the "Darned" (3rd + final season) recap leading to return on 1/25 august 0 569 January 3rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
  Bruce returns in 2nd half of Burn Notice Season 5 - Thursdays at 10 PM august 6 1,400 December 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
  Spartacus: Vengeance returns 1/27/12 @ 10 PM on Starz; renewed for season 3 august 0 739 November 14th, 2011, 02:58 AM