The Outsiders
Has anyone see this movie and if so what did you think of it?
:love:
I've seen it and absolutely loved it!
we also read the book for english in high school.. which led me to read more of her books Smile

did you know tom cruise got his tooth chipped just for the roll? no fake chipped tooth there Smile
All For One, and One For Orli!!
we read the book, presonally i like both the book as well as the movie because even though i got into the story it is nice to see it come to life and actually watch what is going on
Hi Adamanta,
I saw the movie before the book, so alrdy had the picture of what they looked like from that.
I have to say it's about the best book report i've ever done in my life. getting to watch the movie at school was a bonus

i'd like to list my fav chars, but i forget their names!!!
i haven't read this book in a loooong time, and it's been ages since i've seen the movie too.. i am going to go hunt it down on the net one day.

Smile
All For One, and One For Orli!!
I read the book for Reading class this year and then we saw the movie in class. Sad Poor, poor Darry :'(
Billy: I just lost my train of thought. Keep talking Dom.
Dom: I like eggs in the morning and bacon at night. Is that bad?
Billy: No keep going, keep going.
Dom: When I was seven I used to eat ants.
Billy: Wait, I remembered! I just lost it again
Whoa mama. Dallas Winston is one fine bebe!:bg: *Cough Cough* Sorry! The book was good, but not one of my favourites. As for the movie, one word ''shower''. I nearly had a heart attack. Along with all the other Greasy loving girls in the class. :laugh: It was pretty much like the book, a lot of the same dialogue used. All in all, it was ''A-okay'' in my book. Smile
''You fall on your knees
You beg, you plead
Can I be somebody else?
For all the times I hate myself
Your failures devour
You're hurting every hour
You're drowning in your imperfection''-Skillet
I luv the book. it is in my top ten fav book list. I watched part of the movie but I will be able to watch the movie next week.
I loved the book when I read it years ago, and was glad that the movie was pretty faithful to it. (It bugs me when a movie is not faithful to the book it originated from.) I thought the cast really nailed the characters. If I remember correctly S.E. Hinton has a cameo. She plays a nurse at the hospital. I think Dally yells at her and tells her to get out in the scene. It`s been awhile though so I might be wrong on some details.
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
I like this movie as well, and I had the good fortune of living in the town where they filmed it. My first look at movie making! The cast and crew were friendly and always took time to talk to the 'locals'.
Great fun!
Quote:Originally posted by Mel
Hi Adamanta,
I saw the movie before the book, so alrdy had the picture of what they looked like from that.
I have to say it's about the best book report i've ever done in my life. getting to watch the movie at school was a bonus

i'd like to list my fav chars, but i forget their names!!!
i haven't read this book in a loooong time, and it's been ages since i've seen the movie too.. i am going to go hunt it down on the net one day.

Smile

hey Mel call me Mandy Wink

well the characters are Johnny,Ponyboy,Sodapop,Derry,Dally, Two-Bit and Steve my favorite was Soda and Derry man they are hot lol like Manthy said the "shower" scene was unforgetable hehe but the whole movie has actually made me think and how they are is a lot how we are still living today. Although like Manthy and i discussed she would love to be one of the Soc's and i would like to be the Greasers, (soda's gf) lol j/k but yeah i loved both the movie and the book and i am proud to say i am re-reading the book as well:crown:
I read the book first then saw the movie. I loved both.
S.E Hinton is a great writer.
That was Then, This Is Now
Rumble Fish and
Tex are the other 3 books. All of which were great reads too.
Rumble Fish, the movie was not that good. Though I did like Mickey Rourke as The Motorcyle Boy.

I love Johnny and Ponyboy the best. I balled my eyes out when Johnny died. It was so sad. I so love Ponyboys poem too.
Definately a :drool: fest of a movie.
I have the movie on DVD and I had the books, but, leant them to a friend and never got them back. Will have to scour the second hand book shops me thinks.
In :love: with Johnny :kiss:
-
In lust with Orlando Heart

MYCode Guide