this sounds really stupid but.....
my LOTR dvd quality has kinda gone a bit off colour....i looked at the disk and it was quite dusty....i thought about cleaning " with a damp warm cloth in soapy water"....but im scared it will damage the disk permantely..! anyway do i clean the shiny side of it and really clean it this way ...? coz the dvd was pefectely fine b4..perhaps ive seen it too many times???
check ur dvd player .. may be there something wrong with it ... check out other dvdz ... if not ... then i don't know what 2 tell ya' ...i wash my music cdz with soap and then leave them 2 dry ..,.. and work perfectly afterwardz ...

i know it's crazy but it actually worked 4 me ... but never tried dvdz ... :anxious:
"The rock and pool,
is nice and cool,
so nice for feet!
I only wish,
to catch a fish,
sooo juicy sweet!"
I think there are kits that you can buy that specially clean CD players, DVD players, videos and such. They consist of a blank CD (or video, etc.) and a bottle of liquid which you apply to the blank CD. Then playing the CD will clean your machine. My dad had one a while ago, but I never looked closely and I don't know where they are available. That is a good, and very safe, way of making sure your machine is OK.

I don't know what the best way to clean the actual DVD is. I usually just blow on it and that works.
You can clean a DVD the same way as you would a CD, with a damp, soft cloth. However, do NOT rub the disk in a circle. Wipe lightly from the center to the edge.
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
Buying and collecting fabric is the goal. If you actually DO something with it, you're an overachiever.
That happens a lot here at my house. But what we do is use some alcohol and put drops throughout the DVD until it is cover with alcohol. Then do what Bacchus said dry it gently from the center to the edges. It always works for me.Wink
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..." Gandalf- FOTR
:bg: hey clean it with toothpaste it may sound stupid but i really does work please belive me!Angel
b4 u say something mean about some1 else, walk a mile in their shoes then ur a mile away and u have their shoes!!!!!
hey me again rub it with a face cloth in CIRCLES (little 1s mind u!)Wink Angel
b4 u say something mean about some1 else, walk a mile in their shoes then ur a mile away and u have their shoes!!!!!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..." Gandalf- FOTR
so..i clean the shiny side of the disk right??

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the economy, stupid Elenmir 5 957 February 13th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  I know this is stupid but who is Sauron? Unregistered 22 1,466 January 20th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Last Post: moif