Poohall Junkies
Has anyone else here seen Poolhall Junkies? I just rented it today, and I enjoyed it very much. Christopher Walken is great as always, although he's in a supporting role.

It's one of those movies that's just fun to watch. One of the more amusing parts comes when Christopher Walken complemets Mars Martin's character on his hair. It's funny cause he's got the Walken stand-up-hair going on. :anxious: Well, it's funny to me! :bg:

Anyone have thougts on the film?
oh man I didnt like it at all . I just found that the script was overally weak . The intelligent humour that was trying to be expressed just came off as lame . Chaz palminteri`s character acted like he was like marlon brando or something , yet he was at an half pool hall hustling a couple of teenagers . I do agree that christopher walken was good though , his style was easily developed along with his confident approach to the dude`s pool playing . But to me this movie was a flop , but thats just me .
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Has anyone else here seen Poolhall Junkies? I just rented it today, and I enjoyed it very much. Christopher Walken is great as always, although he's in a supporting role.

Oh Boomer, Boomer, Boomer. Never your mind on where you going. Huh? What you are doing! Heh.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Ooops....Guess I should have looked to see if there was already a thread, huh!

You're not along in your dislike of it, luh. I've seen some other comments online that suggest that many folks didn't see the same charm in it that I did.

Guess I'm just a sucker for grifting/hustling movies!
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Ooops....Guess I should have looked to see if there was already a thread, huh!

You're not along in your dislike of it, luh. I've seen some other comments online that suggest that many folks didn't see the same charm in it that I did.

Guess I'm just a sucker for grifting/hustling movies!

Don't worry, as my review showed, you and I found the same fun in the same movie. I liked the story, even if it had been done betters, there was a raw quality to it that was appealing to me.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I tried watching The Hustler this weekend, but it just didn't interest me. I like old movies, but I felt that it dragged. And it showed lots of other aspects of the character 's (Played by Paul Newman) life. While that's a good thing for character development, I was really interested in seeing him hustle pool more. And he really didn't do a whole lot of it, IMO.

In contrast, I thought that in Poolhall Junkies everything in the lives of the main characters revolved around pool. I think that made for a much more entertaining movie.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poolhall Junkies RobRoy 0 746 March 3rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
Last Post: RobRoy