best bond movie?
in your opinion , what is the best 007 flick?
My favorite is The Living Daylights. Some say the main villian is weak, but Bond is still dealing with the Soviets through most of the movie, and I think we can all agree that's when he's the best. He is a character that emerged out of the cold war, after all.

Timothy Dalton is actually my favorite 007. Many folks laugh or scoff when I say that, but hey. I like his tough portrayal of Bond. He's much more dangerous than Roger Moore's Bond, who zinged more one-liners than bullets. It should be noted, however, that I do like Moore's Bond movies all the same.

Living Daylights is full of 007 favorites for me, because the Aston Martin V8 Volante featured in the film is by far my favorite 007 car. The DB5 is a classic and the Vanquish is awesome, but I love the V8 Volante.

Another thing I like about Living Daylights is that Bond is with one woman for the whole movie. Ok, two, if you count the one in the opening sequence, but you get the point. He's not womanizing the whole time, and that adds to his character greatly, I'd say. We all want Bond to be Bond, but it's alright to tweak it a bit here and there from time to time. After all, it's not like we're going to forget who he is and what he does!
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
My favorite is The Living Daylights.

Finally someone who likes this film best. It certainly is the finest in the series, with Dalton being the best 007. The villians sure are not as memorable as Goldfinger or Dr. No; but the actors are excellent. I'm a big fan of Krabbe.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service, would be my 2nd favourite. I love the script development in this film and hey Diana Rigg's is mighty fine - and the ending, the most shocking in the 007 Universe
Quote:Originally posted by Tsargrad
Finally someone who likes this film best. It certainly is the finest in the series, with Dalton being the best 007. The villians sure are not as memorable as Goldfinger or Dr. No; but the actors are excellent. I'm a big fan of Krabbe.

Right on! The villians aren't of the 'super' variety, and that's what many people dislike about the movie. But it's also a much needed change after the crazy Moore movies. Dalton's movies served to ground the series in reality again.

When GoldenEye came along, they stayed more on the Dalton side of things, but threw in some classic Bond elements, specifically the villian Xenia Onatopp. :drool: It was interesting to see the villians in Die Another Day, because they were sort of over the top. Zao was sort of a Jaws-like character I thought. I guess just sort of goes from serious to less serious and back again. Which is great, cause it's all about having fun.
I read in a newspaper bit about celebs. Frankie Muniz(Malc in the middle)
was interviewed, and he said after playing the role of Agent Cody Banks, he would love to play James Bond when he is older. Do you think he would suit the role of James Bond?
"End? Death is just another path, one which we all must take"-Gandalf
Merging threads.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
if cody banks play`s bond it`s safe to say that the james bond series has come to a crashing hault .
My favourite Bond film is easily 'Goldeneye'. I don't know how exactly, but it seems to have twice as much in it as most other Bond films... and I love the tank scene!

Onatop is fantastic, and Brosnan has a cool rawness in his first Bond performance that is missing from his subsequent Bond films.
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
Muniz is too short, plus he is American.... Bond cannot be played by an American. British Isles, NZ, Australia only... Similar accents and sense of humour..
Quote:Originally posted by moif
Onatop is fantastic, and Brosnan has a cool rawness in his first Bond performance that is missing from his subsequent Bond films.

I agree 100%, moif! GoldenEye is my fave Brosnan 007 movie. Onatopp is the best Bond girl for me too. I love her! :drool: And you're right about Brosnan's performance, it's dead bang, and although he's good in the other movies, it's not quite as good as in GoldenEye.

As far as Fankie Muniz goes, he's kidding himself if he thinks he could ever play Bond. Actually, he's on narcotics if he think he could play Bond! :laugh:

He's hasn't got the build, hasn't got the attitude, hasn't got the accent. And he's American. In short, I've got nothing against him personally, but it ain't gonna happen. And if it did, I'd be reeeeal disappointed in the powers that guide the 007 movies.
I've only seen about half of them but my favourite is Goldeneye by far. It's the only one that seems to have character development
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick

In all the Bond movies, no one's really confronted 007 on how he lives, and 006 does it, bang! Right there, it's all out in the open. I think it's pretty cool, anyway. Smile

What also helps in this film, is that Sean Bean is such a terrific actor. This film was what was needed to relaunch Bond into the post Cold War era, and it did it superbly.

The best of the Brosnan era without a doubt.
<--- DVD Junkie --->
Goldeneye would have to be my favourite, though I've only seen about half the movies. Since Goldeneye was the first James Bond movie I saw, it holds a particularly special place in my heart. And sean Bean was amazing.
I liked A View to a Kill, but it would have been better if the Bond girl hadn't been *shudders* Tanya Roberts.
Quote:Originally posted by Tsargrad
What also helps in this film, is that Sean Bean is such a terrific actor.

Absolutely. I wish he would have played James Bond at some point!
I just saw License to Kill earlier today and Timothy Dalton isn't bad as 007. I don't know what the critics are complaining about. Conversely I don't like the Connery films that much (with the possible exception of You Only Live Twice) although they have the best villains.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagor
I just saw License to Kill earlier today and Timothy Dalton isn't bad as 007.

Zagor, if you haven't seen Dalton's other 007 flick, The Living Daylights, see if you can catch it some time (if you like James Bond, that is! Smile ) It's even better than License to Kill, I'd say.
Yeah I meant to watch it last week, but I had to re-decorate my room. I'll catch it next time it's on.
Yeah go for The Living Daylights. It's the best.

Licence To Kill had its moments, but some of the truck sequences reminded me too much of the Roger Moore era
<--- DVD Junkie --->
I don't mind the Roger Moore ones and I'd say Live and Let Die would be my 2nd favourite (although it has an extremely irritating bit with that American police guy which I think was meant to be amusing. And what's worse is they brought him back for The Man with The Golden Gun. Had they no sense?).

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember the Don Bluth movie : The Secret of NIMH badlands 0 70 July 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: badlands
  This civil rights leader’s story should be a movie badlands 1 64 July 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi movie Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 105 July 12th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Last Post: scifilover
  Does anyone recognize this movie? FilmGuy 0 60 July 4th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Reboot of this old classic B movie The Last dinosaur badlands 1 135 March 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Edelweiss pirates movie badlands 1 161 March 21st, 2021, 10:58 PM
  Colorized Movie - "The Phantom Planet" Michael 0 565 November 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
  Dungeon and Dragons movie again badlands 1 426 November 4th, 2020, 12:11 PM
  G.I Joe and fore night crossover movie badlands 1 360 November 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
  Hasbro Mask movie badlands 1 482 November 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM