best bond movie?
Quote:Originally posted by Zagor
I don't mind the Roger Moore ones and I'd say Live and Let Die would be my 2nd favourite.

I think Live and Let Die is one of the stongest of the Moore ones. Jane Seymour as Solitare is my most likely my second fave. Bond girl. I saw Moonraker over the weekend, and I liked it cause it's Bond, but it's certainly not one of the greatest.

I saw Stewart Townsend at the Oscars on TV, and the white tux he was in reminded me of Sean Connery's Bond days. Then it hit me! I think he'd be a great Bond! What do you guys think about that?
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
I think Live and Let Die is one of the stongest of the Moore ones. Jane Seymour as Solitare is my most likely my second fave. Bond girl.

Who'd be your favourite?
That lofty position is occupied by the one and only Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye. :drool:
Nice choice although I think she doesn't look nearly as good when she's playing Jean Grey. Red Hair doesn't suit her. I'd say Talisa Soto is probably the best looking bond Girl although Famke would be a close second.
I was always partial to Maud Adams in Octopussy and Barbara Bach in The Spy WHo Loved Me.

Ohh and Isabella Scoruppicp (sp??) in GoldenEye
<--- DVD Junkie --->
Quote:Originally posted by Zagor
Nice choice although I think she doesn't look nearly as good when she's playing Jean Grey. Red Hair doesn't suit her. I'd say Talisa Soto is probably the best looking bond Girl although Famke would be a close second.

I'll take Famke either way! :laugh:

Soto's a great choice, too! Hot, hot, hot!
On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Licence To Kill.. Tomorrow Never Dies.....I felt that the last Bond film was too far fetched. The character of Bond in the books is ruthless and he sometimes makes mistakes. He is 'human'. I think in the films he is too often a super hero. I was not too excited at Daniel Craig being picked this time around as I was hoping Hugh Jackman would take the part. Apparently his wife advised him against it. What I have seen of Craig on set and in interviews, I am looking forward to seeing the next film. Apparently they have come full circle to the books.
With love.
Lorne.
Yeah, the more I read, I'm more scared. We'll see what happens. I think Craig is probably a swell actor, but was the wrong choice. There was too much politics and mucking about in preproduction, and then everything was rushed. Hopefully the film won't suffer. I read that it's being rumored that Tina Turner's been asked to do the theme song. That'd be awesome, the GoldenEye theme (written by U2's Bono and The Edge) was fantastic I thought, it really echoed the old ones.
I agree. Tina is a great choice. The Bond themes along with the films lost something. When you had the likes of Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey and Matt Monroe singing the themes it seemed to bring some added class to the film. I think that someone lost the plot where the theme songs are concerned. There were one or two that really annoyed me. Won't go into that. I want to be nice!!
With love.
Lorne.
I saw Daniel Craig in an interview over the weekend. I am feeling more and more optimistic every time I see this guy. He looks extremely fit. He obviously has been working out. I think the last time we saw a Bond with muscles must have been Sean Connery. His voice sounds good too.

With love.
Lorne.
Maybe there's hope after all. :bg:
Boomstick Wrote:Maybe there's hope after all. :bg:

Entertainment Weekly ran an article on the new Bond. It nicely dispelled a number of the internet/email rumors that have been surfacing and balanced that with the similar rumors that were circulated about previous Bonds, such as Connery and Moore.

For instance, the rumor that Craig couldn't drive stick is, if I recall the quote, "Complete bullox."
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Apparently the rumour about Craig getting his front teeth knocked out was rubbish too.

Who puts this stuff in the papers? It's ridiculous.

With love.
Lorne.
Well, Entertainment Weekly is a complete rag, but I suppose they're generally right on the facts.

Still, I confirmed the Ford Mondeo thing. The classic DB5 will make an appearance, but the modern car will be a Ford sedan.

Talk about bollocks...
Boomstick Wrote:The classic DB5 will make an appearance, but the modern car will be a Ford sedan.

Talk about bollocks...

A Ford Sedan.... what are they thinking?

Then again I thought the BMW was a bit of a cheek but it turned out OK.

I hope they don't have cars going invisible, that was just soppy. This is Bond not Star Trek!!

With love.
Lorne.
My Favorites are:

Goldeneye: Tanks, Bungee Jumping, a villain who's Bond's equal in combat, and started my early teen obsession with Famke Janssen Big Grin

License to Kill: Bond taking on the Drug Barons was something I'd wanted to happen for a while, and I loved the whole revenge/going rogue angle.

From Russia With Love: The best of the Connery ear, IMHO. Particularly liked the suitcase and the fight on the train/speedboat chase...plus the immortal line when Bond discovers the SMERSH agent - "Wed wine with fish...I should have known..." :p
moif Wrote:My favourite Bond film is easily 'Goldeneye'. I don't know how exactly, but it seems to have twice as much in it as most other Bond films... and I love the tank scene!

Onatop is fantastic, and Brosnan has a cool rawness in his first Bond performance that is missing from his subsequent Bond films.

I agree. Goldeneye seemed to have a lot packed into it and was just a great story.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember the Don Bluth movie : The Secret of NIMH badlands 0 59 July 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: badlands
  This civil rights leader’s story should be a movie badlands 1 45 July 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi movie Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 90 July 12th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Last Post: scifilover
  Does anyone recognize this movie? FilmGuy 0 50 July 4th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Reboot of this old classic B movie The Last dinosaur badlands 1 122 March 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Edelweiss pirates movie badlands 1 147 March 21st, 2021, 10:58 PM
  Colorized Movie - "The Phantom Planet" Michael 0 549 November 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
  Dungeon and Dragons movie again badlands 1 408 November 4th, 2020, 12:11 PM
  G.I Joe and fore night crossover movie badlands 1 354 November 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
  Hasbro Mask movie badlands 1 474 November 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM