missing email notifications
Hey Dixie (or whoever might be working here at the mo). Ever since you guys got the new server I'm not getting email notification any more. I tried clearing my cookies, and all that stuff you talked about in the other thread, and I went into my user cp and it's checked off there for me to browse with cookies, and to send me a notification, so I don't know what's up. Thanks for your help.
Buying and collecting fabric is the goal. If you actually DO something with it, you're an overachiever.
You may need to try resubscribing to the threads you want e-mail notifications from.

See if that works

Cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Hi Stripe. I have tried doing as you suggested and resubscribing to the threads I'm interested in. Nothing. Nada. I haven't gotten a single email notification. Hope you can help.

Edit: I've also checked my with my ISP to see if they were getting caught by their spam filter, but they're not there either.
Buying and collecting fabric is the goal. If you actually DO something with it, you're an overachiever.
I note that my e mail notification has also ceased... is this permanent? :anxious:

Maybe I posted too much... :bg:
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
I've had mixed reports, some stating they are getting theirs, others saying they are not. The first thing you should do is delete your cookies for this forum. I believe there are three of them, and they will reassert themselves after you've revisted the site. Also, uncheck and recheck your settings, sometimes this causes them to reset and will resume. Finally, if none of that works, let me know here or in an email and I'll see if something else isn't afoot.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
When RR says "uncheck and recheck" your options, he means you need to uncheck the boxes, save your profile, then go back and check the boxes again and save once more.

There was one person that I know of needed to remove their subscriptions, then delete their cookies, go back and log in and resubscribe. Not sure just why that worked but apparently it did.

We do always seem to have this particular little glitch about the subscriptions. I assure you that they have not been disabled - otherwise, I wouldn't have received the notification that someone had posted here.
:hello:"Will all of you who would like to die immediately and save yourselves the inconvenience and discomfort of being chased down and slowly hacked to pieces please step forward!"
Polgara as Barak
The Mallorean - Book 2
Grrr! No. I tried everything you suggested and it still isn't working. *sigh* I logged out and deleted all my cookies. I unsubscribed and resubscribed all my threads. I unchecked and rechecked my options. Nothing seems to help. I would even be willing to give up my spot as poster #21 to unjoin and rejoin, but that doesn't seem to be an option - at least that I am aware of. Any other ideas? Am I doomed to a life without notification? :teary:
I hate to do this, but I just don't see any way around it at the moment. Send me your password via private email (dixie@xenite.org) so I can log in as you and see what I can do about getting it working for you. If you create a new account and we transferr your post count, every time someone does an update for forum thread counts, your post count will go kerflewy. Therefore, I'll have to go in as you and see what I can figure out. There has to be an answer here somewhere.

Dixie
:hello:"Will all of you who would like to die immediately and save yourselves the inconvenience and discomfort of being chased down and slowly hacked to pieces please step forward!"
Polgara as Barak
The Mallorean - Book 2
I sent you a rather loooooong email just now with a request or two.
Polgara as Barak
The Mallorean - Book 2
a test. Let me know if you get the notification Ebony.
Polgara as Barak
The Mallorean - Book 2
Dixie, I've been having the same problems as Ebony. I've posted in many threads, and I've not gotten a single notification. I've tried logging out. I've tried erasing my cookies. I'm not sure what happened.

:confused:
"Politics really do suck wherever you go"
-- Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
get Ebony fixed up and we'll see what we can do for you Smile Have patience as we're trying different things. Once we've gotten her taken care of, I'll know what we can try with you.
Polgara as Barak
The Mallorean - Book 2
I don't know if you got my last email from the 31st, but just to let you know, I'm still not getting notifications.
Did you guys give up on me?
Ebony,

Did you recive an e mail from me within the last two weeks?
Quote:Originally posted by Ebony
Did you guys give up on me?

Nopers, 'fraid not yet Ebony. Some still feel there is hope for you yet. :bg:

Seriously though, we're working on the issue. The problem is time and current comittments, but we are trying to get this issue resolved as it is apparently affecting more people all the time.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one at least.
Yes, Ebony, I'm having the exact same problem as you. . . so yeah if anyone would mind helping me, that'd be great:tongue:
my god, what a world you love.
Quote:Originally posted by the firstborn
Yes, Ebony, I'm having the exact same problem as you. . . so yeah if anyone would mind helping me, that'd be great:tongue:

I had understood this matter to be resolved.

As usual, I will first suggest that you delete your cookies as per Dixie's instructions in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

If that still doesn't work, please post here again, and let me know.

It was never resolved for me... even after I followed Dixie's instructions. I just assumed it would be at some point and then lost track of it. Now I just use the user cp function to keep track of where I've posted.

Not that I post that much any more..

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating email Alvin Eriol 3 184 July 1st, 2021, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Please expect occasional email outages BoardAdmin 1 815 October 23rd, 2012, 03:47 AM
  Forum Notifications May Not Be Working BoardAdmin 1 704 September 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM
  Is anyone still missing an avatar? Michael 2 853 June 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
  ATTENTION: Please update your email addresses Michael 0 704 September 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM
  Notifications Seemed to have stopped Working Tracie 4 700 September 7th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Tracie
  Missing Punctuation Boomstick 0 407 August 31st, 2004, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  email Orangeblossom 1 461 July 6th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Email problems still happening Maciliel 3 485 May 16th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Last Post: CJ~
  unwanted e-mail notifications MikeN 3 475 April 7th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Eiley