trivia asked and answered
Why was Murder's For Sale written as Allen Weston? (anyone got spare copies laying about for sale ) Because Andre's co-writer Grace Allen Hogarth had the maiden name Grace Weston Allen before marrying William David Hogarth, moving to London, writing the book with Andre and making it soooooooooo darn hard for us completists to get a copy of.

(russ-excluded)

Happy Holidays to All, ed
Agressive Pursuer of Andre Norton material and addicted Karaoke singer!
Back in the early days: Andre worked on only a very few books with other authors.

My guess for the Allen Weston was that this book was in a whole different genre than anything that Andre Norton had ever done, and as in 1954, neither author was a "best seller", they decided to come up with a "pseudonym"

I only knew the co-author as Grace Allen Hogarth, so your information is new for me. Thank you.

As to why the book is so very rare in its original form, I believe that it was only published in a print run of 500 books. You would have to contact the publisher, Hammond, Hammond, for more information.

Sorry, but I checked a couple of reference books, and couldn't find an address. You'll have to check with one of the UK book dealers.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trivia time Paul Goode 11 1,143 March 24th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  A bit of Murders for Sale Trivia questions Paul Goode 4 917 December 13th, 2015, 11:39 AM
  Quick trivia Paul Goode 11 1,015 April 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
Last Post: jmelsna
  Nearly Impossible Trivia time again Paul Goode 16 2,127 August 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Garan of Yu-Lac Interesting Trivia Lots-A-Watts 4 1,467 October 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Trivia question Paul Goode 8 1,874 November 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM
  Trivia Quiz Joseph_Goldin 5 1,483 June 6th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Paul B.