JMS issues his first new "eep" regarding a B5 project
In his latest usenet post, JMS mentioned that something new is in the works for B5

From http://www.jmsnews.com/scripts/MsgStore....&qs=0&qt=0

Quote:"On the B5 front, there has been something of rather substantial proportion that's finally gone from talk to money, such that I'm now working frantically to meet some deadlines, but there's nothing I can say about this until after January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month.

The only thing I can say is that phase one of the new project is a go, hence the furious writing schedule at this end of things, which is why I've been silent until deciding to kick up some dust on the political discusion. I've been writing my little brains out.

I know the immediate result of this will be speculation, but if we could keep that to a low roar on the nets to avoid precluding anything, that would be a wonderfulness. But trust me: I wouldn't go on about something in this way if it wasn't a significant development. Just trust me on this one for a bit andhold fire until further word.

(Longtime followers of the various news groups know that an eep means that something significant has happened, but that I can't talk about it...the eep is just a way of saying, on the QT, that something has, indeed, happened and it's real, not just speculation or maybe-gonna-happens. So on that basis, you may consider this an eep.)"
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
: perks up ears :

Any speculation about what this might be?
Quote:Originally posted by Arcadia
: perks up ears :

Any speculation about what this might be?
No :teary: That quote above just came from JMS today. It's the very first and only utterance of whatever this B5 thing may be
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
:teary: :teary: :teary: I wanna know what it is...............JMS please just a little hint.!!!!!!!:dummy: :dummy: :dummy:
Oh wow! I need to know!!!!! Please keep us updated Mirage...oh fount of all knowledge!
We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...
what every it is

it is B5 related

he has tried the ranger spinn off

star trek -sorry crusades

i cannot see him setting a series on a alien world (cost to much)

In the current climate i think it will be a show about power and control
so my bet is on the Psi corp:clap: :clap:
Psi Corps would be very interesting!! :party:
I found this on the Tivo forum
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...did=145890

It's completely unconfirmed, unfounded, and without any source , so it's probably not true, but nonetheless, here's what someone reported

Quote:The new series will be set before the original B5 series. There were scripts written for a series involving the first Shadow War that would have no original characters in it and a script for a series following Sheridans first command assignment. The latter is likely to be the pilot that is shot. A deal for 13 episodes has been signed.
Yeah, probably not true, but it would be neat if it were. Only I don't want to get my hopes up. :up:
From http://www.darkhorizons.com

Quote:"Babylon 5: The 'big thing' JMS was hinting at the other week may in fact be a movie - a UK source indicates that Winchester Films is rumoured to be in talks with the show's creator about doing a movie which would be shot late next year."
A movie would be good. I'd rather have a TV series, I think, but a movie would be welcome.
There's an interview with Jerry Doyle over at IGN that seems to indicate a new series is set to roll with most of the original cast in place, following directly on from the original series. Could be true, could be wishfull thinking. Here's the link:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/435/435444p1.html
Thanks for the link. The interview was done 4 months ago, but even so...

Perhaps this, along with the statements we've heard from JMS, point to something good happening!
Yeah, but 4 months ain't long in tv development terms. The main point against it is that JMS has said before that there's no new series in the works, but then again you'd be foolish to take that at face value. I mean, JMS has also said that he doesn't want any speculation over what the new project is - but hell, posting that kind of info is the best sure-fire way to get people speculating!

Maybe Jerry Doyle is just blowing hot air. He has done in the past, but then again he stated really clearly a while back that he'd never work with JMS again, so you might think that something firm would need to be in the offing for him to back-track in such a public fashion. Who knows?

The most plausible scenario that I've hears is that the new project would be a teep war mini-series. I still hold out hopes for a new series with most of the original cast, but seeing as so much of the post-original series universe has been mapped out, it's difficult to see how they could make it work (unless they choose to abandon a lot of established future history). I mean, (and memory is fuzzy here, not watched b5 for a few years....) but aen't Sheridan and Delenn holed up on Minbar, G'kar off exploring, Londo pretty much imprisoned on Centari Prime, Garibaldi settled on Mars..... hard to see how they could palusibly bring all or many of those characters back together.

Of course, JMS has been happy in the past to ignore continuity. All the B4 stuff with Sinclair had a few glaring plot holes. Drall (sp?) seemed to get pretty much forgotten about as well (anyone else find that brief reference to him a bit silly when Earth Force attacked B5? "He's our ace in the hole, let's keep him secret. Oh no, we're losing the battle. Looks like we're doomed. Let's still keep him as an ace in the hole though!"). And of course In the Beginning united many characters in a prequel story, when there was never any indication that they'd met before the events of B5.

*shrug*

I'm an optimist though, and I think that the signs are good that we might actually get some new quality material. Crusade's problems can mostly be put down to TNT, and LotR was screwed by it's low budget, so with the right money and support I don't see any reason why the B5 universe shouldn't flourish again.
to enjoying this series is to be able to push your "willing to suspend belief" button. If I thought about it too hard it would drive me crazy. Sit back, enjoy the show and ignore the holes. I looked at too many things that drove me crazy in the beginning. Now! No big deal. Keep havin' fun!

Ollie

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teryl's new project artemis_chosen 1 1,567 November 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  News on "Caprica" project -- sort of Michael 20 2,049 October 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Introducing BARRIER, an SF television show project Michael 15 2,581 October 15th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Unresovled issues in the plot laswamprat 2 500 May 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Arcadia
  Pegasus and Social Issues (SPOILERS) GrnXnham 35 2,533 March 6th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Last Post: B.Y.Command
  Big Plot Issues smartypants 3 691 February 8th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Michael
  The latest on JMS's new Babylon 5 project Mirage 15 1,084 March 10th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Ash & Zack's new project gemini0521 4 535 November 5th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Last Post: gemini0521
  Coote\Hayes Latest Project Summerlee 1 565 May 15th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Last Post: SunKrux