How did you discover Cleo?
I realized that just about all of the regulars here now were not active at the old SUSA site when the show was on, but have wandered here in the last year or so.

So spill! How/when did you first discover Cleo, and then how did you discover this message board?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I found the show by flipping through late-night TV, and I found this board linked from the old board, actually (don't ask me how I found that one though).
It was September 2000, my freshman year at college, and I had just moved into the dorm Friday afternoon. So, Saturday morning I wake up, turn on the TV, and start flipping through the channels. I land on WGN and there's Sarge on the screen. My first impression was "wow!" but the reason I kept watching it was because Vicky Pratt reminded me of an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. But, by the time the show was over I was hooked, because it was lighthearted and fun.

I found this board doing a web search when I was going to school in England. The school was very small and boring, so I spent alot of time just killing time in the computer lab! So I ran a search on Science Fiction web boards, and here it was!
I found it on the internet waaaay before it was even shown over here on tv (cos when it WAS shown, I was ready with the video tapey machine...thing). I think it was somewhere into whats regarded as the second series when i found it, and i was like "my god! that looks so cool! they better show it here or I'll totally cut off their heads!!"

~*Antha*~
OK, my turn. I was actualy a fan of Cleo before it ever existed! :laugh:

What I mean is that by summer of 1999, I was pretty big into Ren Pics stuff, and tried to keep up to date on all that was going on with all three shows - XWP, HTLJ and Young Herc. Plus the mysterious pilot that had been filmed but never shown - the one about a valley girl who goes back in time to join up with Amazons. And an even more obscure rumor, about a "Bruce Campbell pirate show" that had been in development for years. So when Kevin Sorbo announced he was leaving HTLJ, the rumors immediately started that one or both of those old ideas would now come to the surface, and so they did! (Just in very revised formats.) I was quite fond of all the performers from their work on the other shows, so I was rarin' to go as a Cleo fan from day one. :bg:

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I started watching Cleopatra 2525 just flipping through the channels and I think I stopped and saw it on USA or some other syndicated channel on a saturday.

As for this site? August brought me here! :-D
And welcome aboard to another new visitor!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Welcome person who is my avatar's twin!

~*Antha*~
I saw the promos for it on a Norwegian channel in February last year, and since it was an SF series, I just had to see it - we're rather strarved on SF series here (at least if you've only got the regular Norwegian channels). I also remembered reading about it in an SF magazine.
Somewhere along the way I had a reaction to Creegan, very much like this, and I was hooked. Smile

Oh, and I think August pointed me in the direction of this forum - didn't you?
A friend of mine knew I liked Strife, she tortured me for awhile until she finally got the right bait and lured me into watching. Too my surprise I liked it a whole bunch!
S T R I F E

Rest springs from strife and dissonant chords beget Divinest harmonies.
  • Um#18/C-div
  • Keeper of Creegan's evil grin
  • Keeper of mischief
Like SpoilerWhore, I started watching Cleopatra 2525 just flipping through the channels...the girls flying was inspiring and looked like a fun kind of freedom in a dark dungeon world.

As for this site? I was trolling around for scifi webboards and I couldn't believe I found an *active* Cleop board. I Do Believe!
Okay SCREAM. Joy and Enlightenment [NO LONGER] await you Sunday mornings 5AM USA StarGate Channel
Pretty much like August. I was part of the old SUSA Xena Forum and when Hercules left the air and Cleo came on, started watching it and JOAT. Was hooked on the idea of three women fighting evil forces and vanquishing demons and...oh...wait...that's Charmed! Wink But really, I was hooked by the first episode and my all time favorite Cleo ep would be where she was reunited with her bf. A sad ep yet my favorite episode also. (and I got a kick out of the little robot dog that appeared :bg: )

I came to this forum when a link was given as the days were counting down to the old SUSA forum message board shutting down. Been here since.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Like others who have posted I found the show when it was originally on by randomally flipping through channels. The first episode I saw was "Flying Lessons" and I thought it was an interesting concept. My wife was like "what's this stupid show about", heh, 2 years later, she's as big a fan of the show as I am and regrets every saying anything negative about it.

In fact, my 4 year old son loves the show too. Anytime he sees a morphing gun, ala betrayer arm, type thing in anime or whatnot, he always says "it's a betrayer!"

Jeff
OK, anyone else? Any of our newer visitors?
I got into it b/c I was actually able once to get in front of the t.v. before Xena came on, well actually I didn't know herc was ending until it didn't come on next season. (i was so secluded in my little world I didn't know Xena was going off until three eps before the end), but I digress anyways I went to watch herc once and these two cool shows so I go in the other room for a min. with the t.v on and the rockin music called me back and I didn't leave for two hours. Sadly I could only watch cleo once about every month.So I am anxiously awaiting the d.v.d release.
Well the problem is Gabrielle, I never feel anything."Sorry about your soldiers, we were playing tag in the forum."
"You still don't get it I would rather die in your arms than live without you in mine."
Visit us at http://xena.spreebb.com/
OK, I saw title in tv guide 'Cleopatra2525' , so I was interested what the ... Then I watched the first eppy and recognized some familiar actresses ( first I didn't liked the storyline at all)and I watched this just because of them! But hey! There was just a few seasons :/
Bumping this up for Mr. Pants 2525 any any other newer visitors!
Frankly, I don't remember. It should be while surfing the Internet, looking for Xena stuff. What I do remember was that I eventually realized the huge amount of Xena actors and actresses that also appeared on Cleo -that's what probably caught my attention.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice Cleo video august 0 653 January 30th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Last Post: august
  Sept. 30th - Happy Birthday to Christelle Williams (HTLJ + Cleo actress) august 2 2,271 September 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
  "Run Cleo Run" Song Switch Boomstick 5 1,254 June 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Cleo reunion at 2010 convention! Feb. 7, 2010 in LA Mr. Pants 2525 33 4,062 May 26th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Kea
  How did you first discover Jack? august 7 1,273 January 28th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Margui
  LMRS, Sundancer, Bailey (jtr-at-ykt) the G-Man and August discuss the origins of Cleo august 6 2,070 October 6th, 2009, 10:02 AM
  Cleo writer Carl Ellsworth pens remakes of Red Dawn, Last House on the Left august 12 2,317 August 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
  updates on Cleo directors, incl. Greg Yaitanes, who just won an Emmy! august 19 2,134 March 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
  Finally got Cleo DVD...AUSSUM Lexx_Luthor 16 1,512 January 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
  You know you've seen Cleo 2525 too many times... Darkamber 30 2,273 December 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Mr. Pants 2525