30 Days of Night (w/ Voice, Mauser, Creegan and Lily!) 5th #1 film in a row!
Aha - the film has made it to Starz! They run movies like crazy for several months before they go to regular cable, so many chances to see it:

Sat, Sep 27, 9:00 PM
Sun, Sep 28, 4:40 AM
Sun, Sep 28, 5:35 PM
Tue, Sep 30, 3:35 AM
Tue, Sep 30, 1:15 PM
Tue, Sep 30, 9:00 PM
Fri, Oct 3, 9:00 PM
Sat, Oct 4, 4:50 AM
Sat, Oct 4, 4:50 PM
Thu, Oct 9, 3:20 AM
Thu, Oct 9, 1:00 PM
Thu, Oct 9, 9:00 PM
Wed, Oct 15, 12:15 PM
Wed, Oct 15, 8:00 PM
Thu, Oct 16, 2:45 AM
Tue, Oct 21, 4:35 PM
Wed, Oct 22, 1:05 AM
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Still going strong on premium cable:

STARZ: late Sun. 7/26 @ 12:45 AM and then at 7 PM on Mon. 7/27

Encore: Th. 8/6 @ 3:45 PM and 1:30 AM
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Rob and Sam rule the airwaves as 30 Days finally makes it to cable, debuting on F/X Wed. 2/24 at 7:30 PM, repeating Th. 10/25 at 10 AM.

(Meanwhile, Messengers is on Lifetime Monday, Spidey 3 is on F/X Tuesday, and new episodes of Spartacus and Legend of the Seeker ran this weekend.)
I finally saw this, 7 years after it was announced!

It's a decent if not excellent horror film, certainly well-done, certainly scary and suspenseful, and heavily influenced by Romero's Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, as well as their remakes. Plus, the ending uses the exact same twist/device as the Xena episode
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, directed by Cleo writer/director (and Vicky's husband) T. J. Scott, with the hero actually becoming a vampire to defeat the bad vamps. I think that plot has been used elsewhere before, but I can't recall where, although Bruce Banner deliberately hulking out in order to defeat the Tim Roth Abomination character is the same idea.

Many, MANY more Ren Pics alums are in this than I had realized, and Joel and Elizabeth Hawthorne have prominent, featured roles as two of the core group of survivors after the vamps' first attack. Naturally, the main plot then becomes who will survive, so I won't say who dies or does not, but some do survive all the way to the end. Smile

Joel has a little bit of weight on him, which looks good, and fleshes out his angular bony features. He plays Doug, a decent family guy who shows a few weaknesses under stress, much like Will Paxton's character in Aliens.

Elizabeth Hawthorne is playing old for a change, as Lucy, the proprietor of the town's diner. I think the implication is that she has some Indian blood.

Kate Elliott is nowhere to be seen - the IMDB now has her credited as "Dawn," but she was originally "vampire # 3," and there are several of thsoe who are way in the background and are never seen clearly. I ahd wondered why they would cast a telanted actress in a part that could easily be done by a stunt woman, and then it occurred to me that someone with a background in dancing would be perfect, since most of the vamps have no lines but do get a lot of screen time being feral and predatory and intimidating, and a dancer usually knows how to do emotions with body language as well or better than an actor....but then I checked her bio, and sure enough, she is "accomplished in Jazz Dance, Modern and Ballet." D'oh! :laugh:

I was also unable to spot Patrick, although tow other actors look a lot like him. he's credited as Frank Robbins, meaning he has to be the father of the little girl Gail Robbins whom we meet towards the end. We probably see him and her earlier in the movie too, when we see several dozen of the town's residents all within about 45 seconds, establishing who's leaving and who's staying. Possibly both he and Kate have more screen time on the dvd.

One of the guys who looks a lot like Patrick (in the dark, in a blizzard, with long hair matted with blood and a beard :jester: ) is actually Manu Bennett, playing the town's deputy sheriff. He's a cast member on Spartacus now, as Crixus, and was memorable as Mark Antony on XWP, but was never on Cleo. Another is Peter Feeney as John, the owner of a bunch of bobsled dogs, and the one whose family is first attacked. We remember him as Kilgannon, the former team leader from "The Soldier Who Fell From Grace." He had a number of roles on other shows: Castor, one of the Argonauts, in "Once A Hero" on HTLJ (plus serving as Bruce Campbell's body double in "End of the Beginning") Caswallan (apparently one of the British knights) in "Gabrielle's Hope" and Tharon, the leader of a group fo bad guys in "Little Problems," both on XWP.

Another Ren Pics alum with significant screen time is Nathanial Lees, man of many ethnicities, here playing Carter Davies, a helicopter pilot of seemingly Inuit ancestry. He's best remembered as Cheiron on Young Herc, and as Captain Mifune in the Matrix sequels.

Amber Sainsbury plays Denise, a cute and semi-slutty factory worker who is among that core group; she is best rememebred as the Golden Hind on Young Herc (not Serena, but another one) plus turned up on HTLJ three times, as an Amazon in "Love Amazon Style," a princess in "Stranger in a Strange World" (I think Herc and Iolaus rescue her in the very first scene) and Iolaus's cousin Regina in "The Lost City."

Another Cleo alum is Craig Wilson, who played a "Guard" in "Mind Games" (probably one that Raina escaped from) and Raczar, the servant of the main bad guy in "Dangerous Prey," on XWP; he is seen as Wilson, one of the initial survivors who is taking care of a very elderly father (who likewise turned up in but parts as old men in several Herc eps.)

These are the main ones, although I didn't check every single bit part in the cast. Smile
Forgot to mention plenty of behind-the-scenes Ren Pics regulars too, including Cleo producer Chloe Smith, Cleo costume designer Jane Holland, Jack of All Trades/HTLJ/XWP/Young Herc director Charlie Haskell as 2nd unit director, Cleo assistant directors Robyn Grace and Emma Hinton in that same capacity here, and probably tons of props, makeup, sfx and stunt people.

And in a nod to Xena fans everywhere, plenty of gory, graphic beheadings. :laugh:
What better way to celebrate Easter weekend, than with ageless bloodthirsty vampires in the snow! :hellohands:

Sat. Apr. 3 5:30 PM - FX
Sun. Apr. 4 3:30 PM - FX
Cable is all about the vampires, with the 3rd season of Ttrue Blood about to premiere, the 3rd Twilight film later this summer, and the dvd release of Daybreakers. F/X has this at the following times:

Wed. May 12 - 8:00 PM
Wed. May 12 - 10:30 PM
Sat. May 22 - 10:30 PM
Sun. May 23 - 4:00 PM
Back on F/X Wed. 8/10 at 9 AM and Th. 8/11 at 7 AM - just the way to start your day!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Josh Becker's new film "Warpath" opens in Royal Oak, MI Th. 9/26! august 4 1,290 September 30th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Last Post: august
  Josh Becker is back in action with "Morning, Noon and Night august 4 1,064 June 6th, 2019, 08:33 AM
  Will Carrie be a Renaissance film? badlands 5 989 October 6th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Bruce on his voice work in the Amazing Spider-Man video game august 0 705 July 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
  Gerardmer Film Festival Award-winning Alien Apocalypse on Syfy Tues. 12/20 @ 11 PM august 60 9,428 December 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
  The Fall of Sam Axe (Bruce's Burn Notice prequel film) on USA Fr. 11/25 august 18 4,730 November 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
  Bruce's voice in Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs (which opened at # 1) on Cartoon Ch. august 8 1,581 November 15th, 2011, 02:10 AM
  The Ant Bully (featuring Bruce's voice) on HBO Sun. 11/20 @ 7 AM ladyDonna 16 1,513 November 15th, 2011, 02:05 AM
  30 Days of Night: Dark Days w/ Kiele Sanchez + Katharine Isabelle on Syfy Th. 11/10 august 8 3,121 November 9th, 2011, 02:12 AM
  The Grudge 2 (3rd Ghost House film in a row to open at #1) on F/X 10/26 + 10/27 august 23 3,700 April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM