this show .... (some Cordy discussion/complaining)
with out cordy angel is sooo boring i cant even watch whole episodes i hope joss comes to his senses and brings charisma back she is a valuable asset to the show. For now i will just have to settle for the repeats on tnt
If you'll check other posts first, you'll see that Cordy is going to be back in some capacity.

I like her too, but the show's called Angel, after all, it's his show, not hers.
Check the thread about Cordy and Drusilla. You'll see what Boomstick means.

All I want for the Cordy character is some resolve or at least more than a one time appearance. After that I won't be watching Angel (and not that my not viewing is going to effect anything. Both Charmed and Angel have shown increase in viewership. Check out the Charmed forum for that information).

Well...Buffy was suppose to be about Buffy but watching the seventh season it seems more like the Buffy and Spike show. *ahem* As I have stated before, don't care for Spike. It's a character I can take or leave.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Well, so far I like this season way better than last season...
The fact that your arguments don't hold up under scrutiny is your problem, not mine. - Anya cutting to the heart of things at 3:00 in the morning

RobRoy agrees with me, therefore I am right.
I've heard some complaining elsewhere about this season being episodic rather than large story arcs. Personally, I don't mind. It allows for more diverse episodes, I think.
I'm torn about this season. There are some things I like and things I don't. When I was watching last season, I had to see every ep b/c I had to know what was gonna happen next. Eventhough the story idea was kinda shady, and the whole "everything that has happend thus far has been part of the big bad's plan" was a huge cop out and I dodn't like that:angry: . I hated seeing Cordy be evil, but I had to watch to see what she was gonna do next, and how they were gonna save her.
This season, I'm missing Cordy and I'm really missing the Hotel, I loved that location, thought it was great:teary:. I know this season is more episodic so new viewers can be attracted and figure out what is gonna on (kinda like the 1st eps of Alias this season), but I'm really missing the big story arch. I'm glad Angel mentioned
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
the prophecy about "the father will kill the son" which elluded to Connor, since that hasn't been mentioned much this season
And Angel doesn't seem to have his heart in the fight anymore......but they need to go more into why he doesn't and how he's dealing or something. Just my $.02 :halo:
"I may be loves b!tch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -Spike, Buffy TVS
"Why are so quick to jump to the conclusion that I'm crazy, dangerous, out of control.....'cause I'm kinda acting that way, aren't I." Daniel, Stargate SG1
There was some report stating the WB had cut the budget and that this season of Angel would have a smaller budget then Buffy Season One did and that all stories would be focused around W&H building.

I didn't care for the Cordy going evil storyline but having her as in league with the Big Bad did make it intresting. I just didn't expect her not to come back at all this season though. I guess she falls victim to being used to further a story along then discarded afterwards...
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Okay Unregistered, no show is going to be the same forever. Characters will come and go whether we like it or not. Don't blame Joss for everything that you don't like because Charisma might have wanted to leave. And he did say she will come back to visit.
I wish people would stop with the 'not watching the show on a principle' thing. If you don't like Angel without Cordy, then fine, but if you're just not watching it because she's not there, regardless of the quality of the show, I think you're being silly. Cordy has had some massive storylines within Angel - far more than Gunn, Fred and Lorne have had. If she was still there, I can't help but think she would continue to overshadow the other central characters. Don't get my wrong - I like Cordy and agree that without her there is a brightness lacking in the show. But I still think it's a show worth watching.

I have to say I was disappointed with where season 4 went. They were trying to tell us that everything from when Angel and Darla slept together in season 2, to Cordy's demonisation and ascension was all for the sake of Jasmine - a 'big bad' disposed of with one punch to the head.

As for Spike, I love him. And his English accent is so much better than it used to be.
Dear Unregistered ,

I have your OWN opinion , we have ours. It's okay if you don't like the show , but don't come complaining to us. Because WE still enjoy watching it. If you DON'T like it anymore then DON"T watch it. It's as simple as that.

-Malone & Spikes Babe-
i feel that the show is ok but i miss the cordy and angel relationship and i do agree with the fact that this season is much better than season four because the whole connor and cordy thing was just plan wrong when charisma does come back i hope that they dont just have her on to wrap up her story line i hope that she stays on and they bring back the angel/cordy relationship for all us angel/cordy fans. Also according to an interview posted on this site Charisma didnt know that she was not going to be on this season untill she read it in the paper so it was Joss's decision.
Quote:Originally posted by Ashley
It's okay if you don't like the show , but don't come complaining to us. Because WE still enjoy watching it. If you DON'T like it anymore then DON"T watch it. It's as simple as that.

Um well, as much as I disagree with unregistered's opinion on the show and am rather liking this season (at least Conner is gone), I'm afraid that as this is a discussion board, then he or she is entitled to complain about the show as long as it is in the confines of forum policy. Ie no flaming, no spamming, etc. After all, it would be a pretty boring place if one person posted everything they liked about a show and the only responses were yea I agree. That's not really a discussion and no fun at all. So rather than telling someone to stop complaining and to stop watching the show, instead a good suggestion would be to point out what you DO like about the show. Agree. Disagree. As long as the show gets discussed in a reasonable and respectful manner, it's all good Smile
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
Thanks for the info CJ , I have been to other message boards and the conduct is different in each one . Glad to know this one encorages freew speech , unlike other I have been too.

And I totally agree with you , I am very very very glad Conners gone ! *grins*

-Malones & Spikes Babe-
Quote:Originally posted by Ashley
Thanks for the info CJ , I have been to other message boards and the conduct is different in each one . Glad to know this one encorages freew speech , unlike other I have been too.

And I totally agree with you , I am very very very glad Conners gone ! *grins*

-Malones & Spikes Babe-

You big meanie!:tongue: I liked Conner. He was very wingy and couldn't stop complaining about one thing or another, but he was just a teen.

I don't supose anyone here knows when Angel S5 will be out on box-set do you? I'm dying to see it! :bg:
To avoid probing an open wound, is not that the truest sympathy?
- Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Liz Walsh
[B]You big meanie!:tongue: I liked Conner. He was very wingy and couldn't stop complaining about one thing or another, but he was just a teen.
~~~

Hehehe , actually come to think of it , Conner wasn't that bad Liz , I can't relate with the teen thing , we have ALL gone through it.

-Malones & Spikes Babe-
I don't think the show sucks...i think it's different.

TBH, I'd prefer one long story arc to one-shot stories but if it's what they're doing this season then gl to them. I think because it's such a format change from the past couple of series it's all a bit weird for everyone, but Joss has always written the show about the characters first; I'm sure everyone's noticed it's still as funny as ever, is this because they're at W+H now? Nope, it's because at the end of the day, they're the same people, just in a different environment.

About Cordy and Connor leaving...IMHO they were dangerously close to falling into the same trap as the Angel/Buffy arc in the first 3 series of BTVS, that's why Angel left, I think, as it was the same conversation all through season two to season three - "I love you but I can never be with you!" Just look at Wes and Cordy skitting Angel when he left to meet Buffy in season 3 - they knew it, so they wrote it in. Ultimately, the Angel/Cordy thing would've degraded into the same thing, and CC leaving has avoided the issue entirely. And as for Connor, he was a good asset in series 3 - I think on the DVD an interview with one of the writers said that because of his age, he could go and meet people and get into situations that the others couldn't. However, there was none of that in series 4 and his character suffered because of it - all they could do was to make him moan about...well, everything really. So, he became tedious, and so everyone's glad that he's gone. Or at least, glad that his moaning's gone.

I'm not so sure I like Eve as the replacement of Lilah though [whatever happened to Lilah BTW? Did she just go back to Hell?]. She swings to easily (no pun intended - I've just recently seen 'Life of the Party' Wink) from being mysteriously good to mysteriously evil - what's up with her? Can they trust her? Does she just pretend to be evil to get ahead in the law firm? Etc.

Anway, just my thoughts.

Nisus
"Hey, I'm in a meeting!"
"Oh, sorry. I didn't care."
Welcome Ninus !

-Malones & Spikes Babe-
I thank you, I thank you.
"Hey, I'm in a meeting!"
"Oh, sorry. I didn't care."
Quote:Originally posted by Nisus
I thank you, I thank you.

~~~

No problem , welcome to the gang !

-Malones & Spikes Babe-
I really think that Cordy should be with Angel, I know a lot of people think the same thing. I really havn't watched all of the episodes because I don't have WB11, but I do watch them on TNT I've finished season 1 and 2 and also watch it Tuesday nights at 11:00 not that it really matters, but I think Angel should become human and be with Cordy, I mean they have liked eachother for a long time, and have been through a lot together, it's weird because you start watching these things and then you expect something, and the opposite thing happened, like Lastnight I watched where Cordy and Connor take it to the next level, and I looked ahead and she's pregnant...How twisted is that? Like with Buffy and Angel not together anymore, I got over that, but can't he become human and still help? I mean he will be mortal again, but can't he have help from the Powers that be or something like that? But then again these are only mere thoughts, which Im sure a lot of people have too, then again maybe Im the only one, I guess I'll have to watch the next episodes that are on....

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the old Mist movie and the new T.V show? badlands 7 947 July 13th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: august
  Stoker descendant pens new stage Dracula, TV star Grant Show plays Dracula, in SC! august 10 1,895 June 22nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
  "Why Buffy Was the Best Show on Earth" august 0 537 March 3rd, 2017, 10:59 AM
  True Blood show runner leaves after 4 seasons august 0 758 February 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
  NY Daily News feature on Buffy movie + tv show casts august 0 703 December 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
  True Blood --Season 3 discussion - SPOILERS EDSEL_PK 32 2,622 September 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
  Why did Cordy come back? Attalus 11 1,860 August 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  ***Fangs & Fur*** OT Discussion Thread Open! onwe 60 3,827 November 12th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Doncoriel
  Michelle Trachtenberg on Alexa Chung's show on MTV Th. 10/22 august 0 874 October 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
  Eliza Dushku on Loveline (radio show)*and* Carson Daly - Th. 4/23 august 1 710 April 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM