Harry Potter and the Ring of Gold
If some Disney-princess can do it, why not Sauron?
A real tour de force, dear.......enjoyed it thoroughly!
When I die, I will know that I was alive, and that I loved and was loved. (moif)
Wow, this is really good! I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but I've never really liked crossover stories. But this one is definitely intriguing! I'd love to read more!
"...AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER, FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES...."
Just reading through all of the HP fanfics and I have to say that this one is great. I think ChaosMage is right, that this is good. Can't really see a LOTR and HP crossover working, but this one definitely has! Congrats! :clap:
"Cali rules these forums. I think that whatever she says, she's always right, so I'm abdicating my throne for her to take over control. MWA to all! :kiss:"
- RobRoy
Thank you all for your kind remarks and encouragement. I agree that an HP - LotR crossover is pretty unlikely. It's working so far (if I may say so) because the intrusion of Middle-Earth into Harry's world, while central to the plot, is still in a lot of ways pretty minimal. The characters from ME have been sort of 'Potterized' in the way that they act and speak to avoid clashing too much with Harry and his friends. I did manage to slip in a few bits of LotR text and dialogue, as LotR fans no doubt noticed.

I have a lot of trouble envisioning the reverse sort of crossover, one in which Harry & co. spend a considerable time in Middle-Earth; too much culture clash, I deem. But don't let that discourage anyone from trying!

In any event, as reward(?) for you taking the time to offer your encouragement I offer up the latest chapter, in which some questions are answered, others are asked, and the plot, as they say, thickens.
Ah, I can hear Dumbledore's gentle voice pronouncing that last bit......well done, well done.
When I die, I will know that I was alive, and that I loved and was loved. (moif)
Yes, that was excellent. I especially loved Peeves' bad rhyming...and his retort when they commented on it...I can't wait to read more!
Whoops...that was me...I forgot to sign in....I hate it when I do things like that. Anyway, please post more as soon as you can! Smile
"...AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER, FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES...."
Thank you all once again. The next chapter will follow in just a few minutes, in which you will see that things are really starting to heat up...
Oh wow...Dumbledore...Hagrid...McGonagall...I hope they're OK!

This is really getting good! I'm anxiously awaiting the next part....:bg:
Just printed out this thread to take with me for reading matter at the hospital, and it came to 22 pages!
Can't wait to dig in to the latest installment.......:coffee:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: "Lily Evans and the Stroke of Midnight" A Harry Potter Fan Film FilmGuy 2 1,155 February 3rd, 2018, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  The Price of Kingship - A Ring's Ransom, Part Two Mordomin 1 1,336 January 2nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Elenmir
  A Ring's Ransom (version two) Mordomin 3 1,856 December 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Harry Potter and the Last Defense Orangeblossom 25 2,812 December 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Orangeblossom
  Lily and James Potter Fanfic CMMfan1 0 3,103 August 22nd, 2005, 03:06 AM
Last Post: CMMfan1
  Harry Potter and the Hand of Gryffindor Alice I 162 13,645 July 19th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44
  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince blizzard 5 1,085 October 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Last Post: MWT
  Harry Potter and the Veil of Artefeci Unregistered 80 6,715 August 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44
  My Story of Harry As Adult and his life Lupin_The_Werewolf 0 671 May 12th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Lupin_The_Werewolf
  "Better Left Unsaid" Harry Potter FanFic H0llyW00D 5 5,276 January 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Rose Blossom