10/23 - Happy Birthday to Sam Raimi
Did I find a birthday thread on the right day? Woohoo! Happy birthday Sam!
Boomstick Wrote:Honestly, the list isn't that long, and most of them seem to be just things that he talked to the studio about possibly directing, but ultimately didn't. Pitch meetings that didn't
go anywhere are hardly "unrealized projects." If my understanding of the business is correct, dead-end pitch meetings are pretty much a day-to-day thing. I'd guess that any
director known for genre movies has a list at least this long of things they were brought in to discuss doing, but didn't move forward with.

Evil Dead 4 didn't happen, but the Evil Dead reboot did, and then Ash Vs The Evil Dead, so I'd say that was eventually realized. It's been a while since Spider-Man 4 was on
the table, but I seem to recall the studio had as much to do with that never happening as Raimi did.

I think World of Warcraft and The Shadow are the only ones I'd really count as unrealized projects of his, as he was attached to them for quite some time. In the case of WoW,
it did eventually get made without him.

Actually, for a while I was keeping pretty close tabs on assorted projects that Sam was rumored to be involved with, but as you say, a lot of these are lunch meetings and pitches that never went anywhere.
I would spin the project off into its own thread if there was any traction, but then the forum formatting changed, and the links now have to be re-done. I need to make that a project for a rainy afternoon.
Anyway, the list is here.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Ok, your list is a lot bigger than the Wikipedia one! :laugh:
Oct. 23 - in honor of Sam Raimi's birthday, we give you a panel at the Paley Center where he and Bruce Campbell are asked by a cosplaying fan what their favorite Three Stooges film is. Both instantly turn 12 and start giggling, with Bruce naming "A-Plumbing We Will Go." ("Hey fellas - these pipes are clogged up with wires!")

Sam's memory fails him on details, but describes a scene from "Brideless Groom" - although it's Shemp in the phone booth with Moe, not Larry, and he's the one who bites his own hand. Hardcore fans will also spot how much Sam's voice sounds like his brother Ted's.

Sam From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Wishing a very happy 60th birthday to Sam Raimi!

A neat little article is here .

Attached Files Image(s)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/21 - Happy Birthday Boomstick! august 28 2,715 Yesterday, 02:11 AM
Last Post: august
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 6,175 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 5,510 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 524 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday to Candy aka Erica Hooper! august 54 12,454 September 17th, 2020, 10:39 PM
  Stuart Devenie Birthday Thread! august 37 6,091 July 12th, 2020, 03:19 AM
  Happy Birthday to Gina Torres *and* T. J. Scott! august 24 2,533 April 26th, 2020, 02:39 AM
  Happy Birthday Allie (aka Daring Dragoon 2) august 28 3,970 August 11th, 2019, 03:14 PM
  Happy Birthday Moonchain! august 19 2,740 July 23rd, 2019, 01:53 PM
  7/23 - Happy Birthday to Strife! august 23 3,224 July 23rd, 2019, 01:52 PM