Funniest Part Of Any Book?
Just wondering what everyone thought was the funniest part of any of the 5 books so far? Mine was the war dance that Fred, George, and Ginny were doing in book 5 while chanting "He got off, he got off". I giggled about that one for days!
"I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good."
this prob. isnt really funny to u guys, but there's this part in harry potter 4 where griffindor is in trelawny's class and parvati and that other girl are exclaiming to trelawny that they discovered a new planet, but proffessor Trelawny says, " That's Uranus, dear. " So Ron says to Parvati, "Can I look at Uranus, too?" yeah, it was alot funnier when i read it the 1st time
There are lots of parts that make me chuckle, but actually laughed out loud in Book 5, when Harry and co. crammed themselves into the phone booth to the MoM. The voice asked what they were doing there and he said something along the lines of "We're here to stop Voldemort from regaining power, unless someone at the Ministry does it first." The actual quote is better, but I can't remember it.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
i agree that the He Got Off Chant was pretty funny. i also like most of the insults Malfoy and Harry exchange. I dont know why, maybe its just the way i picture it in my head, but when malfoy calls harry Scarhead i think thats hilarious. i also like the stuff with the twins change percy's head boy badge to say Fat Head Boy. theres a lot of things that make me laugh from the HP books...but i have an odd since of humour....
You think it's funny when Malfoy calls Harry scarhead? You're weird Wink

For some reason, I think PoA was one of the funniest in the series; the first few chapters of that book especially were full of humor. For example, in the Knight Bus chapter...

* When Harry says that he's Neville Longbottom
* In the Daily Prophet article Stan shows Harry, where there's a line that says something like this: "Although muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand that muggles use to kill each other)..." That part just made me crack up.

I also loved the part in GoF in which Moody turns Malfoy into a ferret; it really made me laugh!
my absolute favorite funniest part is in book 5 when umbridge made all those stupid rules... and then the one about teachers can't talk about anything unrelated to their subject... and then lee jordan and the twins play gobstones and umbridge tells them off and lee says something like... "But Professor! You can't tell us off, it's against Educational Degree 29 (or whatever it was)!" I can't remember exactly what he said... but it was so funny cuz it reminded me of something i would do... Wink
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
I think it is funny when ron starts spitting out slugs :tongue:
It's always funny until someone gets hurt.
then it's
Hilarious!!
i love it when ron say "From now on I dont care if my tea dregs spell out DIE RON DIE im just chucking them in the bin where they belong" That is hilarious (Book 5 by the way)
I once had a life... then I discovered Harry Potter, which led to my discovery of Harry Potter on the internet... Life's overrated anyway
I find irony funy... so in the fifth book I loved the beginning when the Dursleys come in contact with Dementors and when Petunia expresses info that she keeps in touch with the wizarding world as well!

Also my friends love it when in the fourth book "Dobby gave Harry the magical weed" (for the 2nd obstacle in the triwizard tournament)
Hmm... there are a lot of funny parts in the books.
Owh i really liked that part in book 5 where all of them were torturing Umbridge and all of them kept on causing mayhem in the school and nobody even bothered to help except for Filch.
And the part during the end of OotP where in Malfoy Crabbe and Goyle try to er... hit harry with a spell but he did it in front of a compartment filled with DA members... lol 'they resembled nothing more but slugs...' Lol
Owh i dunno why but i found the time when harry asked Cho to the Yle Ball in book4 funny 'wangoballwime?' lol...
Hmm... Yea the chanting was funny as well :tongue:
Just thought of another funny part. The charm to get the Marauders Map "I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good" was priceless.:crown:
"I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good."
I think one of my favorite parts in the books is in the second book. It is when Lockhart makes everything pink for Valentine's Day. I wish they had it in the movie. The looks on everyone's faces would have been priceless
I'm the architect. But you can call me Larry
my favorite part is from book one where harry or ron says, "you are moving so slow you are going backwards!" That to me is the best line and I have used it myself on several occasions! :-)
ah ha i found another funny part. it's in book 5 and harry ron hermione and ginny are in the library. ginny brings harry some chocolate, i don't remember why, and they start eating it in the library. the librarian comes over, screams at them and kicks them out. she then bewitched their books and bags to chase them out and hit them over the head. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAaa
*Lindzee.. I love that "You are walking so slow ou are going backwards!" quote! (I love Trogdor in all of his majesty too lol!)

*For some reason I find it hilarious when Harry randomly sees Sirus's head in the fireplace!

*I also found Harry's converstions with the knight in the picture hilarious as well! hehe! (I can't think of the knight's name off hand... it will come to me in the middle of the night and I'll wake up and say, "I've got it! it's Sir____! lol!)
*Back to the Future~ George McFly: Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain!
:bg: All of the abovementioned bits are hilarious but my favourite is when Mr Dursley says "Are you threatening me, sir?" ..."Yes I am" said Mad-Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped the point so quickly.
"And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
"Well...." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his magical eye. Uncle Vernon lept back in horror and collided with a luggage trolley.
"Yes I'd have to say you do Dursley."
It gets me every time, thanks for the laughs J.K.:crown:
Your not a wave, your part of the ocean
I loved it when (in PoA, methinks) at the holiday feast, they only had one bench in the Great Hall because there was hardly anyone staying during the break. Dumbledore got all excited about the crackers and gave one to Snape... omg, that was hilarious!
:bounce:
And on I read until the day was done, and I sat in regret of all the things I've done. For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged. In dreams until my death. I will wander on... ~Audioslave, Like a Stone
Oh, i think the funniest part, it always makes me crack up for at least five minutes afterwards. It's the part in book five, after Fred and George have left, and Peeves is doing all kinds of horrible things to Umbridge, but it's priceless when peeves is unscrewing the chandelier and McGonagall comes along and says "it unscrews the other way." actually anything having to do with Fred, George, Peeves, Teachers, Students against Umbridge is great, oh, and when Fred and George say "Give her hell from us Peeves." and then peeves salutes them, i practically keel over laughing.
"I am No Man"
To me at the end of (I think) Goblet, is when Malfory and company jump Harry and Ron and everyone (the twins, Herimone et al) blasts them with different spells and they all walk away talking about the varied results and maybe the spells acted in strange ways when used together.
Now with the wisdom of years, I try to reason things out
And the only people I fear are those who never have doubts
Save us all from arrogant men, and all the causes they're for
Billy Joel, Shades of Grey, from the River of Dreams album.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 777 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  My thoughts on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 8 1,861 November 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Discussion for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 494 July 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 820 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
  Emma Watson Back to UK to Re-shoot Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 11 News From Yahoo! 0 540 December 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Full Movie Online Free News From Yahoo! 0 1,021 December 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
  Game review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One - Playstation 3 News From Yahoo! 0 517 December 17th, 2010, 07:03 AM
  Kelly Macdonald Joins 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2' News From Yahoo! 0 460 December 14th, 2010, 06:15 PM
  Film Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 News From Yahoo! 0 456 December 10th, 2010, 06:24 PM
  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Video Game Review News From Yahoo! 0 465 December 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM