First photo of Halle Berry as Catwoman
http://www.superherohype.com/index.php?id=207

IMO, that looks horrible, like some Fredericks of Hollywood Halloween costume from some party rental store

I really loved Michelle Pfeiffer's protrayel and costume back from Batman Returns (she was the best thing in that movie). That costume was great, especially the way light played off of it and giving it a sureal effect.

This new costume...well...yuck. But then, I read that this movie's Catwoman is not the Selina we've known from years of Batman comics. It's some other character with a different story. I wish Warner Bros would have more faith in the original DC Comics source material

According to http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=16195
Quote:Catwoman" is a feature film based on characters created by DC Comics. In this new adventure Patience Price, a mild mannered graphic artist, is murdered in order to keep her silent about an accidental discovery she made. An ancient myth is played out when an Egyptian Mao cat, indebted to Patience for her saving its own life, breathes life back into the young woman. Patience is reborn with an independent attitude, carefree behavior and the heightened senses of a cat. Now she must investigate the circumstances behind her murder and learn to accept both parts of herself.
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
Ok, I had zero faith in this movie as soon as I learned that Halle Berry and Nicole Kidman were the front runners for the role, and this picture leaves me feeling totally justified. That thing is beyond terrible.

And if the rest of it isn't bad enough, what in the heck is going on with that headpiece?

And gee, doesn't that story sound original...I'll stick with my Crow movies, thank you very much. The sequels might suck, but at least the hero doesn't look ridiculous.
If the report is true, it sounds all wrong. Everyone knows the Catwoman is Selina Kyle. And the costume is bad. But the photo looks doctored, and the sources just say TIME and not more specific, it makes me doubt.
I saw some actual pictures of her on the set too, and she's all in leather, but doesn't have the mask on. Who knows. We'll get more information in the coming weeks no doubt. Although WB might clamp down on images getting out if they've got smarts. Fan response has not been flattering!
I read somewhere that she might be going through mutiple different costumes thoughout the movie, so perhaps, this is just one.

Regardless, that one in that link looks less like a Catwoman and more like Playboy's version of a Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Rolleyes
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
A definite wait for tv for me.... Rolleyes
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Whn I first saw the costume I thought it looked like someone had just got a bondage outfit off some website and sent it in claiming it was the new costume as a prank. I'm still tempted to look around the net to find an outfit just like it.

The story I'm not going to belive until I see it on an official site, it sounds just that bit too silly.

[Image: hallecat.jpg]
There's a reason why Selina Kyle isn't around....

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Apparently, if they are still going with what was in the script, she is dead.

So rather or not they keep that in, don't know.

That is so not Catty's outfit and I'm less than thrilled with the name "Patience Price"? They should have stuck with the current outfit Selina has in the comics or even the purple outfit with the tail.

Sharon Stone is set to be the villian but not a DC villian.

I think this is going to be a movie I'll wait till they show late at night. :\
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Well, those pants do exist.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

I've been ripping this costume up on another board. So far most people hate it.

And, guess what, Halle Berry just broke up with her husband. I'll refrain from commenting as much as I'd like, in case there's any Halle fans here, but I can't say I'm surprised.
I'd really like to know who designed that costume. It seems like they were trying to go for titillation... but it didn't work. And seriously, what is up with that horrid Mickey Mouse mask?

Aside from the costume, it's stupid that they created a new character. Batman Returns left perfect opening for a spinoff.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
Even this would be better as a costume

[Image: 1031200336_zm.jpg]

Which I found at Hot Topic
LOL..yeah, at least it offers some coverage!
If you ask me both costumes are horrible. But you know I'm beginning to doubt the authenticity of that picture. It doesn't look at all like Halle Berry.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.
Quote:Originally posted by Camech
If you ask me both costumes are horrible. But you know I'm beginning to doubt the authenticity of that picture. It doesn't look at all like Halle Berry.

It was printed in TIME magazine, so Warner Brothers must have put it out or approved it in some fashion.
Is it just me, or do those ears look like the ears of a horny tomcat? :dead: :eek:
I'm actually hopeing that the whole thing is a big joke and they actually chose someone else and have a decent story and costume. Like someone in marketing said "hey, dude, let's like, um, make the movie look like it's going to be, um, like crap, and then really make a good movie, so um, people, um, like go and see it" {sound like bubbles be made with a garden hose ensures follows}.
While a lot of people might consider Halle Berry to be Hot Property, that outfit just looks BLAH! It makes her look so gaunt and skinny...even if it is not her, as Camech purports.

You don't need a BDSM outfit to look foxy, sexy, alluring, etc., as proven my Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns.
"So they were told when the moon would rise, the best time to leave with your soul, she's gone but towards the light, watching her whole life unfold..." Crowded House - Catherine Wheels
Heck, even these fan made costumes are better than that garbage. At least they look like Catwoman in two of her incarnations.

[Image: 209-sdcc.jpg]

[Image: catwoman.jpg]

But nothing beats the classics... :bg:

[Image: catwoman.jpg]

[Image: catmp2.jpg]

[Image: catwoman.lg.jpg]
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
I'm begining to wonder if the people making it are even fans of the BatMan world, let alone CatWoman.

If you could find the right fans to make the movie it would probably be much better.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hally Berry 's the product you push DeamondBleed 17 2,369 December 2nd, 2003, 02:40 PM
Last Post: RobRoy