Happy Birthday to Candy aka Erica Hooper!
It's already Thursday, Sept. 18th in NZ, so we need to wish a very Happy Birthday to Candy, the first of the Jack/Cleo cast to communicate with fans directly via the old SUSA message board!

:party: :birthday:

Some of her Cleo communication can be found here, and some of her posts on the Jack board can be found here.

Bill, Bailey - do either of you remember how old she is now? I'm thinking she was 22 or 23 back in 2000, making her 24 or 25 now.

What do we know about her? Well.... we know she's a major fitness and health buff, not entirely vegetatian but close. Very fond of chardonnay, and vegemite. :eek:

We know she grew up in Wellington, where her family still lives, and that she has a younger brother. We know she studied dancing, and early on decided school wasn't for her. We know that she choreographed both of Cleo's strip tease routines, and Sarge's as well, and actually chose the music for Cleo's number in the mutant bar. We know that they offered her a gig as Jen Sky's stand-in and occasional stunt double, but she turned it down. (Or possibly they decided she was just much skinnier than Jen - not sure which.)

We know that she appeared in these episodes:

Cleo - "Flying Lessons," as the mutant bar stripper:

[Image: erica4.jpg]

"Run Cleo Run," as a mutant bar patron.

possibly another Cleo ep, again as an extra in a bar.

Xena - "Lyre, Lyre, Hearts On Fire," as one of the naked Amazons gyrating in the sauna in silhouette during the "Sisters" number (see below.)

Hercules - "Hercules Tramps and Thieves," as one of Luscious Deluxe's chorus girls:

[Image: Erica_in_HTLJ.jpg]

Angie and Kevin Smith's "Lawless" series - unknown which one (but I bet she played a stripper!)

Jack - she was Candy (of Candy and Bubbles) with whom Napoleon woke up on the day of his wedding.

[Image: Candy1.jpg]

She returned in "One Two Three Give Me Lady Liberty" and "The Morning After" - possibly some more - anyone remember?

[Image: erica_nigel.jpg]

On December 24th (her time) 2000, she chatted with us at the Sam Raimi Yahoo Group. And after the show, she travelled to both Japan and Hawaii. In the fall of 2001, she was back in NZ, and stopped in here several times.

Wherever she is now, I hope all is well and that her career is flourishing!

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Happy Birthday, Erica!
:party: Happy birthday, Erica! :birthday:
Happy B-day Erica!
S T R I F E

Rest springs from strife and dissonant chords beget Divinest harmonies.
  • Um#18/C-div
  • Keeper of Creegan's evil grin
  • Keeper of mischief
I wasn't aware that Erica had also appeared on Jack of All Trades!
Yep, strippers get around! :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Well, I doubt she will see this - I think we lost our favorite mutant bar dancer when we switched over from "xenite.org" to "sf-fandom.com" .....but nonetheless.... the first person from the Cleo world to *officially* make us aware of her presence (not counting TBlue who was in deep camouflage the entire time :bg: ) - dancer/choreographer/actress Erica Hooper turns approximately 26 today. (I seem to recall she said she was 22 or 23 when she did the celeb chat with us back in 2000.)

But nonetheless..... wherever you are....

Happy Birthday Erica!!!!
well..i am new so i don't know anyone...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bg: :party: :hello:
oliver wood and i are meant to be!
Hi, Nefertiri! In case you don't know who Erica is/was, she was a member of the "Cleopatra 2525" cast/crew who befriended the fans at the old message board for the show at its official site, back in 2000. She was quite young herself, and not a famous actress or anything, so she enjoyed chit-chatting with fans when she had the chance. She appeared as an extra both on "Cleo" and on its sister show "Jack of All Trades" (I think she may have had a few lines in one episdoe there) and also did some choreography for several dance routines that the stars did. She traveled a good bit, and just used her family's computer when in town visiting them in Wellington, NZ, so she could be anywhere in the world now, but we still remember her fondly.

So did you ever watch either "Cleo" or "Jack?" What did you think of the show(s?)

Feel free to come join in our own little chit chat thread at https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...post211664 where there's a welcome waiting for you!
emmm she chated on here?!?!?!?
She actually did make it over here a couple of times, the last being in Sept. of 2001, I think. But primarily this was back when the show was on the air, and at the official message board for the show, which closed down when the show ended, back in early 2001. I reposted a couple of her comments here: https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...eadid=6272 and here: https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...eadid=2779 . If you really have the energy, you can rummage around http://216.184.20.13/mb/cgi-bin/forumdis...&SUBMIT=Go and http://216.184.20.13/mb/cgi-bin/forumdis...&SUBMIT=Go , which are the archived sites for the original Jack and Cleo forums.

Plus on the evening of Dec. 23rd (afternoon of 12/24 for her) in 2000, she took part in a celeb chat at the Sam Raimi Yahoo Club.
coolness:jawdrop:
Another year has come and gone, and already it's the 18th in New Zealand. We think Erica may be a luscious 27 today. Wherever she is, in whatever direction her career has taken her, we wish her well!

Happy Birthday!!!

:love: :party: Heart
Madness, dude. This thread is a constant reminder of how fast time goes by!
Whoa! A possible, previously-uncredited Erica sighting!

We know that she played extras - usually strippers in mutant bars - on "Cleo," but there's only two eps that she mentioned specifically - the one where Cleo out-classes her (although in real-life, she choreographed Jen Sky's routine) and then one where she said Jen came running through a bar screaming something (that was "Run Cleo Run.") But she always said she had been in some others, but one crowd scene was the same as another to her.

Lo and behold - look in the background of this image from "The Watch," which aired as the 2nd season debut (along with "Horse of a Different Color") - could one of those girls be Erica?

[Image: erica.jpg]

And...do we think this could have been her in "Run Cleo Run?"

[Image: erica3.jpg]
It's Erica here!

August thank you so much on the write up i've lost all my photos and thanks to you people will believe me now ha ha. I still have the same e.mail so anything you want to know holla.

XXXXXXXXX
Oh. My. God.

It's YOU!!!!

{{{{{ERICA}}}}

(Those are cyber hugs!)

Thanks for stopping in!!! :bg:

(And thanks for the update on your life in the other thread!!!)

Hey do you ever hear from any of your old buddies like Cat Roscoe (sp?) or Nigel, aka Honey?

And if you peek in here again, take a look at this thread and look down at the last post - I'm pretty sure that's you, sitting with Jen Sky - is it? And is the one with the girls on stage in the background also you?

And, while we're at it.... here's one I bet you've never seen before!

[Image: erica2.jpg]

Yo August

Any chance you could add a Candy avatar, just for Erica to use?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/21 - Happy Birthday Boomstick! august 33 4,828 October 14th, 2022, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Stuart Devenie Birthday Thread! august 38 8,053 July 12th, 2022, 08:30 PM
Last Post: august
  Angie Dotchin's birthday - March 31st august 29 5,957 April 6th, 2022, 05:26 AM
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,788 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 6,821 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 1,209 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday to Gina Torres *and* T. J. Scott! august 24 3,516 April 26th, 2020, 02:39 AM
  News from Candy aka Erica Hooper lasermn 28 7,657 February 24th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  10/23 - Happy Birthday to Sam Raimi august 24 5,750 October 23rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
  Happy Birthday Allie (aka Daring Dragoon 2) august 28 4,922 August 11th, 2019, 03:14 PM