Another member of the Magnificent Seven passes away
LOS ANGELES - Charles Bronson, the Pennsylvania coal miner who drifted into films as a villain and became a hard-faced action star, notably in the popular "Death Wish" vengeance movies, has died. He was 81.
Bronson died Saturday of pneumonia at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his wife at his bedside, publicist Lori Jonas said. He had been in the hospital for weeks, Jonas said.

During the height of his career, Bronson was hugely popular in Europe; the French knew him as "le sacre monstre" (the sacred monster), the Italians as "Il Brutto" (the ugly man). In 1971, he was presented a Golden Globe as "the most popular actor in the world."

Like Clint Eastwood (news), whose spaghetti westerns won him stardom, Bronson had to make European films to prove his worth as a star. He left a featured-role career in Hollywood to play leads in films made in France, Italy and Spain. His blunt manner, powerful build and air of danger made him the most popular actor in those countries.

Bronson starred in over 60 films including 'The Dirty Dozen,' 'The Great Escape,' and 'The Magnificent Seven.
RIP 1921-2003
[Image: charles_bronson.jpg]
Cheers, :hello:
missferal

- Be nice to people on your way up
because you might meet 'em
on your way down -

>***********************<

Official International Kevin Sorbo Fan Club
http://www.ozfans.com

>***********************<
Hi ! here in Italy , exactly now , the Channel RAI - TV is broadcasting "THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN" in memory of Charles Bronson ...
Here in Italy he was a beloved actor , for a lot of people , like, for example, my husband. :teary:
Bruna :wave:

***Kevin:":My Italian Ladies,they are so sweet !"Heart***
How sad. I've loved a lot of the classic Charles Bronson films, though not because Bronson was in them, but he certainly had memorable roles. The Great Escape and The Magnificent Seven were wonderful vehicles for Bronson, even though his roles were more supporting than starring. He will be missed.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I enjoyed watching many of his movies. It's a shame to have to see these actors leave us.
Out of all his movies I think I enjoyed Once Upon A Time In The West most of all. I consider it probably the best western ever made and certainly the best western Leone directed. I'm also a big fan of Breakheart Pass which was the first western/murder mystery I'd ever seen and to my surprise proved to be a really exciting mix of the two genres.
I am so sorry to learn of this. I absolutely loved him in The Magnificent Seven. I could watch him chop wood all day. I read somewhere once that he got $1.00 a ton for digging coal. I always had a lot of admiration for how hard he must have worked.
He left quite a legacy and will always be remembered. I can`t really believe he`s gone.
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Magnificent Seven (2016) Boomstick 11 548 November 20th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  British actor Nicol Williamson ("Excalibur") passes away (Video embedded here) FilmGuy 0 487 January 27th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Dennis Hopper passes away (RIP 1934-2010) Michael 1 472 June 1st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Movie voiceover artist Don LaFontaine passes way Michael 1 419 September 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Christopher Reeve passes away at 52 Boomstick 24 1,846 October 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Zagor