Most Underrated Movies
boomstick!!!! you're the moderator hereeeeee!oh man!!i'm so happy!!

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::crown:
Man who drop watch in toilet bound to have shitty time
Quote:Originally posted by summer
boomstick!!!! you're the moderator hereeeeee!oh man!!i'm so happy!!

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::crown:

LOL! Well, I'm flattered! But I'm not the moderator here, just on the Star Trek board and I also Co-Moderate the Buffy/Angel board.
I think Zoolander is a very underated movie! I can understand why some people might not it find as funny as others do, but i think even if people dont laugh out loud at the humour they can still appreciate it for its satirical value.
Converting to the Cult of Asparagus..
Here is my list:

Watership Down (1978, cartoon)
For Love or Money
Good Morning Vietnam
Enemy at the Gates
Merlin
The Princess Bride
Dead Poet's Society
Attack of the Clones
The Mask
Forever Knight
A Knight's Tale
A Few Good Men
Fierce Creatures
U-571
Alexander Nevsky
Second Best
The Fugitive
Happy Texas
Conspiracy Theory
You can't hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. You cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you can't break it, not with a thousand swords.
Quote:Originally posted by SnowLeopard85
. . .
Forever Knight

This was a movie? I recall a series by this name, kinna droll in my opinion, but I can't recall a movie by this title.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I don't find any films by that name either. I've never seen the series, though I'd like to at some point. I see that they've got the first season on DVD right now.

Oh, another movie I thought was highly underrated was Solaris (the recent one).
I don't know whether it's really underrated ... everyone that has happened to have seen this movie that I know of loves it ... but one of my favorite movies that I don't think is given the credit it's due in the SF genre is Repo Man.

Here is a review from scifi.com's Science Fiction Weekly (I actually hadn't read this before, I found it just now, before posting, searching for a bad review in order to establish that Repo Man was somehow underrated - well I couldn't find a bad review, found this instead), from April 2002, that makes this point quite convincingly, or so it seems to me (of course I was predisposed to think along these lines already):
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue262/classic.html
Ooops! just saw Repo Man was #33 on that thread with the top 50 SF movies list ... guess it's not underrated after all ... ? ... you know, ALSO before posting I did a forum search on Repo / General Movies and came up with 0 hits, guess the initial " (it's listed as "Repo Man" in that thread) caused it not to match
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
This was a movie? I recall a series by this name, kinna droll in my opinion, but I can't recall a movie by this title.

Oops, I'm sorry RobRoy... the movie I meant was "First Knight" starring Sean Connery, Richard Gere and Julia Ormond.. my bad
Oh, that makes sense then! :bg:

Yeah, I've seen First Knight, I thought it was pretty good, but you never do hear much about it. I'd agree that it's an underrated film.
Whale Rider!!!!

Definitely not under-hyped in NZ, but considering it's barely heard of in America etc despite being such a great movie makes it #1 on my list.
"Cali rules these forums. I think that whatever she says, she's always right, so I'm abdicating my throne for her to take over control. MWA to all! :kiss:"
- RobRoy
Quote:Originally posted by Calaquendi
Whale Rider!!!!

Definitely not under-hyped in NZ, but considering it's barely heard of in America etc despite being such a great movie makes it #1 on my list.

This was a fantastic movie, i bawled my eyes out like a baby!
Converting to the Cult of Asparagus..
Quote:Originally posted by Calaquendi
Whale Rider!!!!

This movie received a good deal of hype and press here in America. Not as much as it probably deserves, but just slightly less than Bend it Like Beckham from what I understand.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yes, while it didn't have the marketing campaign of a hollywood movie, Whale Rider recieved a good deal of hype from critics and other press here in the U.S.
I also think the western movie "Maverick" is under rated
You can't hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. You cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you can't break it, not with a thousand swords.
There are many underrated films. Any foreign language film never gets true recognition.

How many have seen the classics such as Das Boot, Ivan The Terrible, Show Me Love -- all these are terrific films, especially Ivan The Terrible I and II; true classics of Soviet film making.

Verhoeven's dutch films, are vastly superior than most of the tripe coming out from the US these days..

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender Bender movies badlands 1 379 April 1st, 2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Cursed movies and shows badlands 2 349 March 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Video: Real Navy Seal reviews military movies Michael 0 317 February 18th, 2020, 01:54 AM
  Video: Former mob boss reviews mob movies Michael 0 364 February 18th, 2020, 01:52 AM
  Are there movies about the Skeleton coast telling about genocide that happened there? badlands 0 242 January 21st, 2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: badlands
Big Grin NEW SCI-FI MOVIES spock00001 4 986 December 1st, 2019, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Spacecadet11
  Which is best Comedy Movies to watch in free time? geekguy1829 1 713 September 17th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Which is the best Hollywood movies to watch in my free time? geeknerd360 2 789 September 5th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Spielberg does not want Netflix movies to win at the Academy. badlands 14 804 March 19th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: august
  Movies about USS Cole and Fitzgerald. badlands 1 310 February 16th, 2019, 07:57 PM