Orphan of War
I just saw the episode "Orphan of War" for the first time (via Space Channel) I already sort of knew about Xena and Solan's encounter with each other in this episode, and of course I knew Xena wasn't going to tell Solan he was her son, but actually getting to see it just tugged at my heart. Watching that last scene between Xena and Solan, tears were pouring down my face. Just the look on Xena's face...(you knew she was having an inner struggle)...how she was so close to telling him and then refrained. I think it made even more of an impression on me knowing that she wouldn't get a chance to tell Solan (thanks to Hope Confusedad: )in the living world. --Yet another reason why I loved "The Bitter Suite" so much, Xena was able tell Solan who she was and speak to him one last time (or so we think since Xena does encounter Solan again in "God Fearing Child")

Well, that felt good...just needed to say some of my thoughts on this episode.

Rynn

"Promise you won't forget me?" - Solan
"Cross my heart and hope to die." - Xena
Solan whispers something in Xena's ear...(we all know what :tongue: )
"That's a great idea. I love you. I'll always love you..." - Xena
-From "God Fearing Child"
"You've been a dead woman for a long time now, Xena. I'm offering you the chance to live." - Lao Ma
-From "The Debt, Part Two"
~
A Place For All Things Xena:
http://earth.prohosting.com/~xenarpg/
We've had a number of new vistors lately, but few new threads, so I'm bumping up some old ones for the benefit of the new guys! :bg:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I didn't got the happiness to see Orphan of War, but I've read its transcript (thanks to Whooosh!!). I think it's nice too Xena was finally able to tell her son the things she needed to tell him to move on with Gabrielle. Her "Love of your love" song in BitterSuite quite well explains what she's feeling, and I just think it's beautiful.
"To conquer others is to have power... To conquer yourself is to know the Way." Lao Ma
I got emotional after watching this episode aswell. Especially the ending.
juicy flawless.org

:cheergirl:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate Orphan Of War HercPower 2 595 August 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Zaudeen