8/17 - Happy Birthday Josh Becker (Return of the Dragoon/People's Dragoon director)
Josh Becker, the gifted Xena director, turns 45 on Sunday Aug. 17th.

:party: :birthday:

His credits include:

Television:

Xena: Warrior Princess (Universal Television, Studios USA), Director

Ep: Soul Possession (2001)
Ep: Kindred Spirits (2000)
Ep: If the Shoe Fits (1999)
Ep: In Sickness and in Hell (1998)
Ep: Fins, Femmes & Gems (1998)
Ep: Blind Faith (1997)
Ep: For Him the Bell Tolls (1997)
Ep: Warrior . . . Princess . . . Tramp (1996)
Ep: A Fistful of Dinars (1996)

Xena: Warrior Princess (Universal Television, Studios USA), Writer

Ep: Chariots of War, (1995) Co-Story
Ep: Locked Up and Tied Down (1998) Co-Story

Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur, 1994, Director/TV Movie (Universal Television)

Hercules and the Amazon Women, 1994, Second-Unit Director, (Universal Television)
Hercules in the Underworld, 1994, Second-Unit Director, (Universal Television )

Jack of All Trades (Studios USA), Director

Ep: Return of the Dragoon (2000)
Ep: The People's Dragoon (2000)

Feature Films:

If I Had a Hammer, 1999, Writer/Producer/Director (Panoramic Pictures)

Running Time, 1997, Writer/Producer/Director (Panoramic Pictures) (starring Bruce Campbell and Jeremy Roberts)

Lunatics: A Love Story, 1992, Director/Writer, (Columbia/Tri-Star)
(starring Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell)

Thou Shalt Not Kill . . . Except, 1987, Director/Co-Writer/D.P./Editor, (Anchor Bay Ent.)
(featuring Bruce, Ted, and *Sam* Raimi!)

Evil Dead, 1983, Lighting/Sound

Let's all wish him a Happy Birthday - we might be able to convince him to peek in!
Bruce's buddy Josh Becker turns 45 on Sunday - there's a birthday thread at https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...post112415 - we might get him to stop by and take a peek!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Happy Birthday to a great director! :birthday: :clap: :jawdrop: :party: :warrior:
^

Lasermn,

Go to Josh's site to find out what he's up to:

http://www.beckerfilms.com/
:crown: Woohoo!
Laugh Kills Lonesome--Michael Nesmith
Happy Birthday Josh! :birthday:
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Happy birthday, Josh! All blessings on your odd little head.
G
Happy Birthday Josh. Hope you have many, many more.

Tobias
Many more and all that!
:party: Happy Birthday Josh Becker! :party:

FF & G is one of my favorite eps. Smile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Josh Becker

Thank you for all the great Xena episodes you gave us.

:party: :birthday:
A birthday blessing for the fella who gave me one helluva JUICY hot Xena and Ares kiss.

Nice zoom around and close up of THAT moment!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope you have a nice reefer filled day! :bg:
"She graces the intersection of primal cause and pervasive entropy." --Ian Nottingham
Happy Birthday and may you have many more and a happy life Smile
~Renee Cooper~

Adrienne's upcoming birthday reminded me that so many of you were kind enough to join in on Josh Becker's birthday thread. I sent the link to him, and sure enough, he popped in to take a peek. This was what he said:

Quote:Dear August & Co.:
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. It was very sweet of all of you. Who's Akasha the Moderator?

Josh
I had to then break the news to him that Akasha is a guy, and not Rose McGowan! :laugh: This was his response:

Quote:Jeez, I thought it was the pretty girl pictured there. Bummer. I remember about twenty years ago at the LA County Museum with my late friend Rick seeing some old movie, just as we had there hundreds of times before. I kept looking back over my shoulder as we went to our usual seat down front, and Rick asked what I was looking at? I said that there was a pretty girl in the back. Rick guffawed and waved his hand, "Oh, come on, attractive people don't come here and watch old movies, stop kidding yourself."

Josh

Another fan also observed:

Quote:If it's any consolation, I thought Akasha was a cute chick, too, but it turns out it was just a picture of Rose McGowan. Damn the internet!

So there's your supreme fan moment, dude - getting a Xena director to lust after you! :tongue:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
LOL!

I saw that too!

And here I've been assuming Akasha was a gal too!

Maybe he WANTS it that way!!!

{NL looks nervously at *her* avatar... Note to self: people in glass houses... } :tongue:
"She graces the intersection of primal cause and pervasive entropy." --Ian Nottingham
But 'lioness' is pretty clear, isn't it? Unlike Akasha, which sounds female,
too, and just got me confused again some threads before.

(BTW, the Sanskrit word where this comes from is indeed of the male
gender, if I recall correctly. But who besides me knows Sanskrit?)
The Absent-Minded Professor
o darn it seems i'm to late for josh's birthday, still happy b-day Wink :bg:
*a friend in need is a friend indeed - a friend with weed is better - a friend with breasts and all the rest - a friend who's dressed in leather* - Placebo -

Josh, who directed Bruce in his very first role on film - Creon, in a 5-minute, 7th grade Super-8 version of "Oedipus" :laugh: - made quite a few comments about the show while he was down there directing "Return of the Dragoon" and "The People's Dragoon," back in late 1999. Here are some of them, from his site:

It's the first out-and-out comedy Renaissance Pictures has made. It takes place in 1803 and Bruce and Angie play early secret agents. Angie Dotchin is astounding--she's beautiful from absolutely every angle and a terrific actor, too. She completely holds her own with Bruce, which ain't so easy. I directed the first two episodes, although my second one might be shown third. They turned out really well, me thinks.

It's always great working with Bruce because I get to laugh a lot. Also, he so totally understands the process of shooting that he makes it all very easy. Since these half-hour shows are shot in two episode blocks over the course of eight shooting days, it feels just like shooting an hour episode. The crew worked on 14 episodes of "Cleo," then switched to "Jack," then will switch back to "Cleo" when the 22 "Jack" eps are done. Everything here in Auckland is shot within 25 kilometers of of downtown, however, "Cleo" was entirely on interior sets and "Jack" is shot on both interior sets and exterior locations.

I completely and totally enjoyed directing the two episodes that did, but I must honestly confess that I have not seen any other episodes.... My other episode will be on next week, I believe, and I think it turned out pretty well.

I shot Angie Dotchin's close-up in the diving helmet, through an aquarium and against a blue screen. The wide shot was filmed by 2nd unit at the bottom of a pool.

I'm quite fond of wipes, which I think work very well in these shows. The irises I was doing in "Jack" are reminiscent of the irises in old films, except the old irises brought the picture to a circle within black, whereas I was using it as a wipe, having the old scene shrink into a circle on top of the new scene.

I didn't direct the title sequence, although I suggested the peg-leg gag. It was directed by Charlie Haskell, who directed the second and fourth episodes, I did the first and the third.

Angie Dotchin is a bigshot actor down in New Zealand, having spent many years on their local soap opera, "Shortland Street." Angie also did some Herc eps, which is where Bruce met her. Angie's partner (they don't have boyfriends or girlfriends down there, just partners) is Tem Morrison, the excellent actor that starred in "Once Were Warriors."

It was a complete pleasure working with (Stuart Devenie.) He's a fine actor of the old school, meaning he's prepared, has actually thought about his scenes and has good ideas to improve them. "The People's Dragoon" began with him making a toast at the head of a long table of dinner guests. Stuart took his napkin and smeared some of every kind of food available on it, then put it in his collar. He may be the governor and quite well-bred, but he's still a slob. I think it's very funny.
Tuesday, Aug. 17th is the birthday of the gifted director Josh Becker, the man who's behind Renee and Bruce's new film, "Alien Apocalypse."

He's the man who gave us the Joxer the Mighty song, the "story about a gal named Gabrielle" song from FF&G, the Tyro-as-disco-dancer number from ITSF, the wrestling scene in "Kindred Spirits," and the climactic zoom to Bruce's shocked face in "Evil Dead."

His credits include:

Television:

Xena: Warrior Princess (Universal Television, Studios USA), Director

Ep: Soul Possession (2001)
Ep: Kindred Spirits (2000)
Ep: If the Shoe Fits (1999)
Ep: In Sickness and in Hell (1998)
Ep: Fins, Femmes & Gems (1998)
Ep: Blind Faith (1997)
Ep: For Him the Bell Tolls (1997)
Ep: Warrior . . . Princess . . . Tramp (1996)
Ep: A Fistful of Dinars (1996)

Xena: Warrior Princess (Universal Television, Studios USA), Writer

Ep: Chariots of War, (1995) Co-Story
Ep: Locked Up and Tied Down (1998) Co-Story

Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur, 1994, Director/TV Movie (Universal Television)

Hercules and the Amazon Women, 1994, Second-Unit Director, (Universal Television)
Hercules in the Underworld, 1994, Second-Unit Director, (Universal Television )

Jack of All Trades (Studios USA), Director

Ep: Return of the Dragoon (2000)
Ep: The People's Dragoon (2000)

Feature Films:

If I Had a Hammer, 1999, Writer/Producer/Director (Panoramic Pictures)

Running Time, 1997, Writer/Producer/Director (Panoramic Pictures) (starring Bruce Campbell and Jeremy Roberts)

Lunatics: A Love Story, 1992, Director/Writer, (Columbia/Tri-Star)
(starring Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell)

Thou Shalt Not Kill . . . Except, 1987, Director/Co-Writer/D.P./Editor, (Anchor Bay Ent.)
(featuring Bruce, Ted, and *Sam* Raimi!)

Evil Dead, 1983, Lighting/Sound

Josh has actually peeked in here a few times, so let's all wish him a very...

Happy Birthday!

:birthday: :party:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/21 - Happy Birthday Boomstick! august 33 4,847 October 14th, 2022, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Stuart Devenie Birthday Thread! august 38 8,081 July 12th, 2022, 08:30 PM
Last Post: august
  Angie Dotchin's birthday - March 31st august 29 5,973 April 6th, 2022, 05:26 AM
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,801 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 6,834 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 1,223 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday to Candy aka Erica Hooper! august 54 15,067 September 17th, 2020, 10:39 PM
  Happy Birthday to Gina Torres *and* T. J. Scott! august 24 3,522 April 26th, 2020, 02:39 AM
  10/23 - Happy Birthday to Sam Raimi august 24 5,770 October 23rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Big Grin Josh Becker's new film "Warpath" opens in Royal Oak, MI Th. 9/26! august 4 1,237 September 30th, 2019, 02:26 PM