8/17 - Happy Birthday Josh Becker (Return of the Dragoon/People's Dragoon director)
[COLOR="Blue"]It's Josh's birthday again - that link above still takes you to the right thread.

Recently, the subject of "Jack" came up at his site, and after complimenting Stuart, he revealed something I'd never heard before!

Quote:Stuart was wonderful. I really enjoyed working with him. He's my kind of actor, with a ton of experience, and completely uninhibited.

I truly loved directing the pilot and the one other episode of "Jack," but it was a seriously flawed concept. Bruce and I fought and fought to make it better and were shot down. It should never have been stuck on that stupid island, and the French should not have been the bad guys. Besides, it took place in the Dutch West Indies, so what have the French got to do with it? Meanwhile, when I got the pilot script Jack was British, Amelia was French, and there was no Thomas Jefferson. I changed those things. I thought it should have taken place on Ibiza, and the bad guys were the Barbary Coast pirates, who were in fact America's enemies at that time and kept abducting American sailors and making them slaves. Oh well.

So I tried to get him to explain the above a bit more (after reminding him of what a delightful vision Angela was in her swim attire) but all he said was this:

Quote:Ah, Ang Dotchin in swimwear . . . Well, anyway. I directed the pilot and the second episode (which ended up being the fifth episode on the DVDs). Being the director of the pilot, I'm the one who suggested that Jack be American, Emilia be British, and it be set in 1800 during the presidency of Thomas Jefferson. I originally suggested that each time we see Jefferson he's out in front of the half-built White House directing the construction. I feel wistful and nostalgic about "Jack" because we came that close to doing something good.
[/COLOR]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Josh is still nostalgic, although I can't for the life of me imagine why.... :poke: He mentioned this in response to a question at his site....

Quote:Ang Dotchin is a complete pro, and gorgeous, too. I think of her fondly in her extremely tight cat burglar outfit. I actually like the second episode we did, "The People's Dragoon," better than the first one.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It's Josh's birthday today! :clap:

[SIZE="3"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY![/SIZE]

:birthday: :blow: :crazy: Confusedun: :daisy: :jester: :party:
Happy Birthday. :birthday:
:birthday: Happy Birthday Josh :birthday:
Some details on Josh's career can be found here.
Happy Birthday to our favorite curmudgeonly Jack director!

:birthday: :thumbsup: :hat: :trio: :hellohands: :blow: :party: :balloons:
Bumping up in honor of the birthday of Bruce's old pal and long-time collaborator, who turns 51 today!
[SIZE="3"]Happy 52nd Birthday to Josh Becker! [/SIZE]
Confusedurprise: :blow: :birthday: :cheergirl: :party: :balloons: :thumbsup: :hat:
Wishing Josh Becker a very happy birthday!

You can see a ton of new screenplays and essays at his site, http://www.beckerfilms.com, including one that will definitely never be made now - it was called "Insurgent," and he'd discussed how he was collaborating on it with long-time colleague Gary Jones, but the subtitle was "The Capture of Osama Bin Laden." i.e. it was a fictional piece about a potential commando raid in the near future... which ended up happening, with a different ending, in real life.
Happy Birthday to Josh Becker! :party: :balloons: :hat:
Did I miss this last year? Well wishing Josh Becker a doubly blessed birthday today!
Wishing Josh a very happy birthday! :party: :blow: :birthday: :balloons: :hat:
He seems to be staying busy for an old man. Happy birthday (belated), Josh!
Yep, we're assuming that's probably something he did over the phone or via skype for some friend who's trying to break into film making. Apart from writing and directing
some short Twilight Zone-ish films for a direct-to-web-and-dvd he's producing with a couple of friends (to be called Spine Chillers) his big project now is adapting some
old screenplays into novels. His site is updated fairly regularly. Smile
Wishing Josh Becker a very happy birthday!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=370&d=1471443041]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=371&d=1471443050]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=372&d=1471443058]

Attached Files Image(s)

[COLOR="#0000CD"]Today is the day - the birthday of the very first man to ever direct Bruce Campbell on film (in a silent, 5-minute super-8 version of Oedipus Rex for a 7th grade English class project!) :jester:
[/COLOR]

:hat: :party: :blow: :birthday: :balloons: :hellohands:
Wishing a major milestone birthday to Josh Becker, who turns 60 today! :thud::fright: :balloons: :blow: :birthday::jester: :party: :hat:

Attached Files Image(s)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angie Dotchin's birthday - March 31st august 29 5,547 April 6th, 2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: august
  9/21 - Happy Birthday Boomstick! august 29 3,989 October 13th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,213 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
  Feb. 15th - Renee O'Connor's 's Birthday august 34 6,324 February 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 938 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday to Candy aka Erica Hooper! august 54 14,029 September 17th, 2020, 10:39 PM
  Stuart Devenie Birthday Thread! august 37 7,232 July 12th, 2020, 03:19 AM
  Happy Birthday to Gina Torres *and* T. J. Scott! august 24 3,149 April 26th, 2020, 02:39 AM
  10/23 - Happy Birthday to Sam Raimi august 24 5,164 October 23rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Big Grin Josh Becker's new film "Warpath" opens in Royal Oak, MI Th. 9/26! august 4 992 September 30th, 2019, 02:26 PM