Buying Farscape DVDs
Firstly, no, I do not work for Choicesdirect, but yes this is a plug for them. Their website is http://www.choicesdirect.com, or http://chociesdirect.co.uk.

If you are looking for Farscape DVDs you can pick up the entire season 1 for $82.50 US. At Amazon you pay $127 US.

At Choicesdirect:
Season 2 goes for $92 US
Season 3 goes for $92 US

I plug them because I've always bought my DVDs from them, have always received the goods within 10 days (for UK to Australia this is very prompt), and have never had cause to complain. Excellent service!

If you do a search it brings up a category result listing only seasons 1-3. However, if you click the DVD tab the categories toolbar appears on the left: television > scifi (right side)> F, then you get more results, getting into the season 4 boxsets.

Despite this strange setup, the company is great and the service excellent, the prices highly comparable. If you find somewhere cheaper, go for it, but I honestly feel that Choicesdirect prices are highly competitive.
Holy COW! That's the best price that I've seen yet. It's one of the reasons that I've been holding off on buying any of the DVDs. Well, that and I want to pick up the recently release Shogun on DVD first. :bg:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
That's an amazing price. I ended up paying over $200 for the first season as I bought he 2 episode DVD as it came out. I'm pretty much commited at this point to buying them in such a fashion rather than waiting and praying for boxed sets. I also wish the Star Trek DVDs would get signficantly below the $100 dollar mark

http://www.northamericandvd.com seems to have really good prices, though they don't carry Farscape. Their Stargate boxed set prices looked pretty good though
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
Like you Mirage I bought them 2 at a time when they came out and I continue to buy them as they come out. I'd love to get the ST:TNG and DS9 but like you said they don't go down.
BTW, according to savefarscape.com, some Best Buy stores have the 3.4 DVD out now even though it's not supposed to be out until next week
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
I just got back from Best Buy. Farscape 3.4 is indeed out. They had several copies. I picked one up for $27.99
Quote:Originally posted by Mirage
I just got back from Best Buy. Farscape 3.4 is indeed out. They had several copies. I picked one up for $27.99

Yes, Best Buy here too had it for the same price. Too much stuff I want. The Thing from Another World, DS9 season 4, arggggghhh.
The complete season two boxed set is finally coming out in the US on October 28. Just thought I'd let everyone who hasn't already bought the 5 volumes of mini sets. I hope season three is soon to follow.
Pags payback Wrote:Reading this thread reminded me how much Farscape DVDs used to cost. In fact most TV DVDs initially were grossly overpriced especially in the UK.

Hiya Pags Payback
Talk about digging up the past. Since Aug 2003, in Australia at least, you can pick up a whole season of Farscape for under A$40.00; that's ca US$31, or 16 GBP.

~ Matt
mpee Wrote:Hiya Pags Payback
Talk about digging up the past. Since Aug 2003, in Australia at least, you can pick up a whole season of Farscape for under A$40.00; that's ca US$31, or 16 GBP.

~ Matt

And lucky us that payed the initial price or otherwise... they may soon be useless if this blu-ray and HD jerks win the war. :angry:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farscape mesa 3 851 September 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Farscape's 11th Birthday! Boomstick 8 1,079 May 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Emeraldcity
  Farscape: Complete Series DVD Under $60 Boomstick 25 2,226 January 11th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Best Place to Pick up Andromdea DVDs? Boomstick 0 1,074 January 4th, 2010, 03:02 AM
  Farscape badlands 2 843 September 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
  Farscape at Comic Con: Browder, Black, O'Bannon & Henson Boomstick 0 809 July 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
  Farscape: Rockne O'Bannon on BOOM!'s "Farscape" Comics Michael 19 1,633 December 31st, 2008, 11:51 PM
  Sci Fi brings back Farscape Boomstick 8 2,171 March 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
  Farscape Released On iTunes Han Solo 0 895 January 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Michael Shanks talks about the Stargate DvDs Michael 0 929 May 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM