This looks wicked, I can hardly wait! :tongue:

[Image: Master_SiteMovies287379.jpg]
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
WHAT?!?
What is that?
Is it gonna be the new baddie?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Hmm, kinda looks like he's got sentinels from Matrix coming out of his back
To avoid probing an open wound, is not that the truest sympathy?
- Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
It does doesn't it! :laugh:

Actually he's Doctor Octupus and he's been a main villain of Spiderman's for ages!
I hope this movie is much better than the first, though I doubt it.

At least it had a treanchcoat......
Quote:Originally posted by DeamondBleed
I hope this movie is much better than the first, though I doubt it.

At least it had a treanchcoat......

No offense DB, but I liked the first one, and I'm really not a Spider-Man fan. But the first was meant to be an "origin" story, and it filled that role admirably. There wasn't much in the movie that I didn't find appealing.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Greg's Previews at Yahoo.com stated that he got to see about 3 minutes of the scene where Doc Oc gets his arms. If I remember correctly he stated that Raimi knows what he is doing this time around. He said the scence was scary and that the feel for this Spiderman was not a happy one. Woohoo Smile
In this world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey ... the monkey will spank us!
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
No offense DB, but I liked the first one, and I'm really not a Spider-Man fan. But the first was meant to be an "origin" story, and it filled that role admirably. There wasn't much in the movie that I didn't find appealing.

How could I be offended by you liking a movie I don't Wink?

I understand the whole origin thing, where I thought the movie was let down was the script, the characters and the fight scenes. I thought the birth of Spider Man was good, but once his uncle died it was all down hill till it just became the same sort of cheese that other super hero movie that fell of the Bat Man movie's success was, like the Phantom movie and the Final and fatal BatMan and Robin movie (George Clony? what were then on?). Also I felt that beyond becoming Spider Man the movie had too little character devlopment (this is person, this is person becoming hero, this is person, this is person becoming villian, this is hero being more hard core than villian). Dare Devil was a better movie, although it still isn't one of the best about.
Also I felt that beyond becoming Spider Man the movie had too little character devlopment (this is person, this is person becoming hero, this is person, this is person becoming villian, this is hero being more hard core than villian). Dare Devil was a better movie, although it still isn't one of the best about.

But that's all any action movie, comic-inspired or not, really boils down to. Even Daredevil was exactly what you explain Spider-Man to be. Although I did like Daredevil better, but then it was a darker movie, and so that appeals to me.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
But that's all any action movie, comic-inspired or not, really boils down to. Even Daredevil was exactly what you explain Spider-Man to be. Although I did like Daredevil better, but then it was a darker movie, and so that appeals to me.

I disagree.
I think Spider-Man is the better movie. Not that I don't llike Daredevil, I do. It was just way too predictable. I knew half of the stuff they were going to say or do before they did them. But, then again, that might be because they pretty muvh said the same things again and again: "Stay. Stay with me", "Justice!" and "I'm not the bad guy". Get some new lines, please!! :angry:
It didn't last long enough either.
Spider-Man was much better!
Quote:Originally posted by Liz Walsh
I disagree.
I think Spider-Man is the better movie.

:bg: I didn't say which I thought was the better movie Liz, I said which movie I liked better. :bg:

:bg: I didn't say which I thought was the better movie Liz, I said which movie I liked better. :bg:

Hmmme.... I think someone might have a bit of a crush on Jennifer Garner. :tongue: :bg:

Here Rob... here's a pic of her auto card that usually sells for way too much! :laugh:

[Image: i-1.JPG]
I disagree.
I think Spider-Man is the better movie. Not that I don't llike Daredevil, I do. It was just way too predictable. I knew half of the stuff they were going to say or do before they did them. But, then again, that might be because they pretty muvh said the same things again and again: "Stay. Stay with me", "Justice!" and "I'm not the bad guy". Get some new lines, please!! :angry:
It didn't last long enough either.
Spider-Man was much better!

Hang on (no pun intended), are you saying that the Dare Devil Movie was more predictable than Spider Man?

Spider Man was much more predictable!

At least Dare Devil had thoughs nice little moments like where he tok the pain killers or being in the shower and removing the knocked out tooth (which you should not do if that ever hapens to you, keep the touth in and let it set back into place and see a dentist).

I still maintain that the best Super Hero movie is BatMan: the Mask of Phantasm. Also that the BatMan related heros are the best.
DB:
I am begining to seriously worry about your mental health!
JK . . . . sort of.
DareDevil was way more predictable than Spider-Man, and I really don't think that pulling out your teeth is a nice moment.

Also, Batman?!
You are definately crazy!!
:crazy: = you

DareDevil was way more predictable than Spider-Man, and I really don't think that pulling out your teeth is a nice moment.

Actually, Daredevil was a lot less predictable to me than Spiderman Liz.

Unlike in Spiderman, as in all the super hero films of late, I thought Daredevil would kill both Bullseye and the Kingpin. Seems that most directors feel that they should kill the main villains since they won't use them again. Rolleyes

So what did you find so unpredictable in Spiderman Liz?
I still maintain that the best Super Hero movie is BatMan: the Mask of Phantasm. Also that the BatMan related heros are the best.

Mmme... never seen that, but I prefer live action. I did love the Michelle Pfeifer Catwoman and the Nicholson Joker. Poison Ivy was totally ruined by that Uma person. :dead:

But if you like Batman you should check out this fan film.... link coutesy of Mirage. It's really very kewl, especially the villains! :laugh:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfil...n_deadend/
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
Actually, [b]Daredevil was a lot less predictable to me than Spiderman Liz.

Unlike in Spiderman, as in all the super hero films of late, I thought Daredevil would kill both Bullseye and the Kingpin. Seems that most directors feel that they should kill the main villains since they won't use them again. Rolleyes

So what did you find so unpredictable in Spiderman Liz? [/B]

I never said Spider-Man was unpredictable. It clearly is.
I just think that DareDevil is more predictable than Spider-Man, though, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy both movies.
Well Doc Ock pic looks tight as hell but I still wish Venom would be the main vilian. Dose any one know if there will be a sub villian like shocker, rhyno ext.like how the Batman movies were. Aslo both spider-man and Daredevil were unpredictable. In Spider-man I didn't expect Peter to leave MJ hanging and in DareDevil I was surprised that Electra beat DD and that DD didn't kill Kingpin.
Resurrecting this topic....

Who's seen the new trailer! I only have one word for it....

wow :ohno: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm not sure if ill bother seeing this movie at the cinemas, its the type of movie that i usually wait for the dvd release. I wan't the hugest of fans of the first movie, i thought it was entertaining...but like DB mentioned, certainly lacking in the script department. I do like Toby as Spidey though!
Whats going to be the general plot line for the second film?
Converting to the Cult of Asparagus..
I just thought that since personal opinions are flying around in this thread, here is my two cents worth.

Neither Spiderman, nor Dare Devil really did much for me at the cinema.

IMHO the original Batman movie (Keaton/Nicholson) and the X-men movies have become the benchmark in comicbook to movie stories.

If you look at Batman, X-Men and X2 there is character drive and 'real' stunt work, as opposed to CGI stunt doubles. In both Spiderman and Dare Devil the CGI stunt work just screamed animation, that the blending with the live action was so disjointed, I just could not help but be jarred out of the Comic World every time they were used. And is it just me, but the concept behind Bullseye just seemed a real stretch, even though I liked what Colin Farrell did with the character?

Because I only ever felt Spiderman and Dare Devil were So-So, I cannot say which I preferred above the other.

IMO the creation story behind the Superhero or Supervillian is so important. If I don't feel a degree of 'believability' for want of a better term (maybe convenience or contrivance) behind the superhero's creation, then I lose interest for the rest of the movie. I was never familiar with Dare Devil as a character prior to the movie, and so his story was new to me, and ultimately one which didn't really entice me into the rest of the movie.

OTOH I never had any problems with Spiderman's story. I find it really difficult to pinpoint why the movie didn't really appeal to me that much; perhaps the sense of the movie being put together for such a broad target audience. I think a narrower target audience may have refined the story telling somewhat. But then again, the broadest target audience was obviously the intent, but off-putting to me none-the-less.

Append: actually, the poster for the new Spiderman movie looks quite enticing, and somewhat darker than the first, so I might find the sequel better than the original. It's a bit hard to judge a movie just on a poster, but there it is anyway...

~ Matt

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Teaser for Asimov-inspired "Foundation" Michael 1 445 July 22nd, 2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Sharkloch Teaser Trailer - Jaws vs. Nessie nextcentury74 1 390 December 8th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Teaser trailer for "Joker" Michael 0 258 March 5th, 2019, 07:45 PM
  Video: Short teaser for "Ghostbusters 3" Michael 0 252 January 20th, 2019, 08:20 PM
  Video: Teaser Trailer for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" FilmGuy 1 312 August 13th, 2014, 01:48 AM
  Video: Animatic teaser for new SciFi film project, "Pandoran Age Chronicles" FilmGuy 0 619 March 16th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Videos: Teaser and Trailer for "Third Contact" FilmGuy 1 732 December 19th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Spiderman 3 ben_d_straw 1 497 July 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Last Post: justdecent
  Spiderman 3: When oh when? the nighthunter 2 893 January 22nd, 2006, 03:44 AM
Last Post: the nighthunter
  Spiderman 2 vs. Superman 2 ThePharoah 30 3,245 January 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Last Post: puddlejumper