Barscape 8/5/03 Open 24 Hours
WWWWOooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo
I've never been the first one in the Bar.........I love it....
Quote:Originally posted by B5junkie
WWWWOooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo
I've never been the first one in the Bar.........I love it....

You better enjoy it while you can B5....because there was already a Barscape 7/23/03 already set up. :anxious:
May as well use this one since the other is full and since this one was opened by Barf in order to keep the coding.
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
Well here ah is.Looks like the joint will be hopping before to long.I'm a little tuckered out right now so I'm going to pass out on the corner table.If anything good starts to happen wake me up.
but important. I figured I would reach more people by posting this here than by sending e-mails. I received this from a friend in Australia.

WORST VIRUS EVER ---CNN ANNOUNCED

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST !!

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed.
This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for Its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner: It sends itself Automatically To all contacts on your list with the title "A Card for You".

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened, the computer Freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the Reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently Destroying The hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN. This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.

So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You."

As soon as you get the mail, delete it!! Even if you know the sender!!!

Please pass this mail to all of your friends.

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people,like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at all.
"I can't shoot a dog, people okay, but not dogs" Martin Riggs - Lethal Weapon 3
"Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone!" Aeryn - FarScape; Family Ties
9/11: Never Forget!
Circe m'dear, as helpful as you're trying to be, according to Symantec that there is a hoax:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avc...r.you.html
Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Circe m'dear, as helpful as you're trying to be, according to Symantec that there is a hoax:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avc...r.you.html

It never hurts to err on the side of caution.

I have gotten some pretty strange e-mails, and I know a friend of mine caught something that has all but fried her system. She told me if I get an email from her to delete it as fast as possible, because she can't even access her e-mail. Luckily we live in the same area, so I can talk to her on the phone.
"Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone!" Aeryn - FarScape; Family Ties
Quote:Originally posted by Circe
Luckily we live in the same area, so I can talk to her on the phone.

You know, I've heard this wacky rumor that phones can work over long distances too. I feel sure they are going to replace telegraphs any day now.

(Sorry - I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist the opportunity)
The fact that your arguments don't hold up under scrutiny is your problem, not mine. - Anya cutting to the heart of things at 3:00 in the morning

RobRoy agrees with me, therefore I am right.
Thanks for the warning Circe, even if it is a hoax, it was still nice of you to post it! Smile
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
Quote:Originally posted by Circe
It never hurts to err on the side of caution.

I have gotten some pretty strange e-mails, and I know a friend of mine caught something that has all but fried her system. She told me if I get an email from her to delete it as fast as possible, because she can't even access her e-mail. Luckily we live in the same area, so I can talk to her on the phone.

True, caution isn't going to hurt. But then again, neither is keeping your anti-virus software up-to-date.

The reason I posted that link was because that particular hoax, along with many others, has been flying around cyberspace for the past 3 years, causing unnecessary panic and fear amongst its recipients. It's a pity there are people out there who create these types of emails for that exact purpose. Often these hoaxes are as bad as the real thing virus in terms of inconvenience (well maybe not quite so bad but you get the idea).

I find searching the Symantec database to be helpful whenever I receive an email like this. There are plenty of other anti-virus databases to search as well. Have you heard of the teddybear icon hoax virus? It gives you manual instructions on how to delete a particular file in your computer, which actually isn't harmful at all, but because it has a teddybear icon, people think its rather odd and so get sucked in to deleting it. Now I'm no expert, I wouldn't have a clue what that particular file does in your computer, but it's meant to be there :poke:

Sick, sick I tell you! Wink
Yeah?

Well all frelling teddy bears must frelling die!!

:tongue:

edit:

Ooops hit the wrong button:anxious:

Hey OB1, I wanted to ask, are you going to write more of your story??
Oh yeah? Come here and say that buster!

[Image: growl2.JPG]

EDIT: Hey moify :tongue: Actually, JK has written up a Part 2 to that story, I think he's just waiting for Lipster to get back and then he'll send it to her. I just didn't have time :anxious: I might do a Part 3 perhaps Smile

So how goes your job? Are you running the place yet? :bg:
Not quite... in fact today I am skiving off cause I have a whole load of other stuff to do... :anxious: :bg:

Right now I'm filling out tax forms....:fright:
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Disdain
You know, I've heard this wacky rumor that phones can work over long distances too. I feel sure they are going to replace telegraphs any day now.

(Sorry - I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist the opportunity)

Ahh, another cynical, sarcastic person. We should get along just fine. Actually she lives in the next county, so if I didn't pay and extra fee to make downtown Louisville a local call, it would be long distance, or a huge cell phone bill!

Quote:Originally posted by moif
Thanks for the warning Circe, even if it is a hoax, it was still nice of you to post it! Smile

Thank you moif.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
True, caution isn't going to hurt. But then again, neither is keeping your anti-virus software up-to-date.

I find searching the Symantec database to be helpful whenever I receive an email like this. There are plenty of other anti-virus databases to search as well. Have you heard of the teddybear icon hoax virus? It gives you manual instructions on how to delete a particular file in your computer, which actually isn't harmful at all, but because it has a teddybear icon, people think its rather odd and so get sucked in to deleting it. Now I'm no expert, I wouldn't have a clue what that particular file does in your computer, but it's meant to be there :poke:

Sick, sick I tell you! Wink

I'm on automatic update with Symantec, and my computer is set to run a virus scan once a week.

If it's in my computer, and has been there from day one, I don't touch it! I do not mess with anything that even might be, remotely, part of the program. In fact, I don't go into the My Computer area at all. I don't need any help to frell a computer. The old one started going bad at the beginning of the year, so I got a new one, a month later, I was sending the new one back for another new one. That's why I call myself the walking talking computer virus!
Hey there Folks I've finaly got all the freaking camera equipment together.Unfortunatly some moron lost the instruction manual. I'll get this baby figured out tho. When I get something in the can maybe Moif can help me figure out a way to post some images here.I'll let the Moifster use some of it in his artwork if he likes. It will be some neat stuff. I'm headed out now to get cartridges and capture cards,whatever they are.See you later tonight.
I love catching up at Barscape. I leave for a few days and Moif starts running around in a bikini doing his taxes. I have an image of a hairy blue Zahn running around. :bg:

My boss is a total tool. He saw me doing something today and asked how I had found where I needed to go. As I said, he's such a tool, because he was the one that sent me the link and instructions on how to do what I was doing. Gees. Sometimes I wonder how people get and keep the jobs they have.

I almost got in a car accident yesterday. Eeek. My sister in law flew into town and I picked her up from the airport. I was trying to drive in rush hour traffic and watch her sign to me. Not a very good move when I haven't signed in a while and it takes a lot of concentration for me to pick it up again at first. After hitting my brakes pretty hard, I told her we'd talk when we got home.
Bootstrap's Bootstraps.
Quote:Originally posted by Eiley
I almost got in a car accident yesterday. Eeek. My sister in law flew into town and I picked her up from the airport. I was trying to drive in rush hour traffic and watch her sign to me. Not a very good move when I haven't signed in a while and it takes a lot of concentration for me to pick it up again at first. After hitting my brakes pretty hard, I told her we'd talk when we got home.

No, don't do that! I've been there and done that and it is not fun!

A friend of mine was in a little mishap yesterday. He's a State Trooper, and drove an unmarked, (covert), car. He stopped at a little convenience store, and saw a woman there that had got off the bus and was acting strange. Her family had reported her missing from Michigan or somewhere like that. So the police tried to take her into custody, to send her back home. A scuffle broke out, she punched the police chief out, they finally got her under control, cuffed her and put her in the backseat. Well T's car doesn't have a cage, she managed to get the cuffs in front of her, climbed over the seat, locked all the doors, and took off! When she did, she ran over T! A few miles up the road, she flipped the car into a ditch. One very expensive cruiser totaled! Fortunately, T came out of it with a pretty good case of road rash and nothing else, except maybe his pride severely damaged!
He's lucky.The two cops in Knoxville were a little slow getting out of the street after laying a spike strip.A carjacker hit them with a Mercedes Benz at top end. I heard they were cut in half.The car jacker was a woman crazy as a bed bug. Probably a crack head.
Extremely lucky, considering she ran over his leg.

And she had the gall to enter a not guilty plea, when there where 20 - 30 witnesses! I'd say, she'll be getting a psych evaluation, at the very least.

We all complain about the police at times, but when you know a family of them and have worked with some of them, you do care about them and their families. I had to call T's sister-in-law, and tell her what exactly had happened, 'cause all she saw was the picture of his cruiser upside down in a ditch.

He's stiff and sore, but he's home in one piece.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WOW! Veronica Mars fans raise $2 million in 4 hours for movie Michael 0 628 March 13th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Michael
  "Falling Skies" Season 1, Episode 10, "Eight Hours" Cast and Info Michael 0 833 June 24th, 2012, 10:29 PM
  SyFy Will Air All 4-hours of "The Phantom" at Once Boomstick 7 1,197 July 3rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Bern
  Pop Culture Zoo previews 3 hours of Stargate: Universe Michael 6 1,307 October 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
  Season 3 Premiere - Two Hours SpringfieldST 0 923 July 18th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SpringfieldST
  Barscape - open 24/7 Stripe 90 8,420 April 19th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Stripe
  ripple effect spoiler, don't open if you don't want to be spoiled masterblaster 0 1,000 November 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Last Post: masterblaster
  Barscape, March 22, 2004 open 24/7 Barf, Bartender 47 4,005 July 30th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sirona
  Atlantis site open for business missferal 1 683 June 18th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Last Post: BlueStar
  VOTE EARLY! VOTE OFTEN! Voting booth for Seeking Summerlee fan fic challenge now open CMS 3 1,023 May 17th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Ariadne