Have you ever put Xena in your school work?
Just wondering if any of ya'll put some form of Xena in your work b/c I seem to alot. I did a biography report on Lucy Lawless. I've drawn 3 pictures of Xena and 1 of Ares for art. I did a power point on the Trojan War and used pictures and sounds from the episode Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts. I've gotten A's on everything and won 2 art contests. :bg:
The only person who understands me is my dog. :paw:
Not Xena (yet :tongue: ) but I incorporated Hercules into a final project for a museum studies class. The idea was to design an exhibition around some theme, and so mine was deptictions of Hercules from ancient times (statues, paintings on Greek vases) up though modern times (the Disney version, the Ren Pics version, etc.) I got an A! :bg:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
hi i did a web page on superheroes with xena as one of the characters for my web design class. Got an A with it. It was really cool. I haven't actually launched it though
i used Xena for a college (application) essay i used for a few college and i did a report on Hudson L. a while back. oh and i did a powerpoint presentation on New Zealand meantioning the shows
(which was a lot for me cause since i didn't really know anybody directly around me who was into it to i never really talked about it/displayed it at school a lot)
I used Xena and Hercules websites as a basis for a persuassion speech to let fans have their freedom of expression via websites, fan fiction, artwork et al.

Including all the fan contributions to sword and staff and the kevin smith foundation.

In case you're wondering, I got an A+!

Come to think about it, I got all A's on my speeches in that class and I hate giving speeches <G>.

Jenn
Yeah, I used the characters of Hercules, Iolaus, Xena, Gabrielle, Joxer and Ares as the basis for a short story I wrote...the characters were modern in a modern setting. But Xena (Rachael) and Ares (Andrew) were going as Xena and Ares for Halloween. :bg: Herc and Iolaus were not good characters though. People did like my story though!!!
Battle On, Deadly Chakram

Jack's Packer #1350
Croque's Crony #1350
Daughter Of The Dragoon #2
Brogard's Belle #2
Keeper of Jack's Wit and Sense of Humor
I havent because I havent been in school since forever.
But I'm going back in september for that exact purpose! to use xena is school work! and to become a teacher so I can make other people use Xena in their schoolwork (and take over the world!)
Quote:Originally posted by hardgrin
...become a teacher so I can make other people use Xena in their schoolwork (and take over the world!)

...and fight crime dressed as a bat... :tongue:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I once wrote a poem about Ares and Xena for an English class.

But the teacher never gave the paper back. Sad
Quote:...and fight crime dressed as a bat...

hmm... well, maybe a sexy black leather bat inspired creation... in a classy way.
We've had a number of new vistors lately, but few new threads, so I'm bumping up some old ones for the benefit of the new guys! :bg: So anyone else ever do this? Abby definitely did - forget what handle she used here, but she actually posted her paper from 9th grade, and it was really quite inspiring.
Thanks August for calling me back here! ^^ I'm sorry, I got busy with a XWP RPG and a few other ones...

Well, as for me, yes I incorporated XWP in my school works. Once, we needed to make the design of a woman for art, I used a Lucy's pic... I even might show you it, I still have it ^^

Last year, I had to make an oral presentation about tv shows (I'm in a tourism section, so we need to be used to public talks)... You just haven't to guess which show I chose Smile : XWP... So I talked about it 30 minutes long, but it could even be hours, I didn't care.

And by the same way, I found out that a few classmates of mine did love our favorite Warrior Princess as well.

Nice job, though ^^

See you around! I'm back!
"To conquer others is to have power... To conquer yourself is to know the Way." Lao Ma
I'm not at school anymore, but when I was (and even now) I seem to be too shy to tell people/let people know what I like... whether it be TV, Music or whatever.

Unless the show is seen as "cool" with most people, and you hear all the popular people talking about it, I would own up but I seemed to get the impression (and it did actually happen) that people seem to find something amusing about liking Xena.
CHAKRAM (Center for the Historical Accuracy of Key Research in Ancient Mythology)
alison Wrote:Unless the show is seen as "cool" with most people, and you hear all the popular people talking about it, I would own up but I seemed to get the impression (and it did actually happen) that people seem to find something amusing about liking Xena.

Wow, really? Sorry to hear that Sad

I fortunately never had that experience. One day in my computer class, I had a group project to do (Photoshop class) and we needed to use any random photo for the assignment. We we're working on the same computer. So my partner chose a picture from Google and what not, and than he offered if I wanted to search for something. I said alright, and I typed in "xena" and the random images from various websites instantly come up as usual. Now what I didnt expect or anticipate was my partner to say "Xena? Oh--Xena! Lucy Lawless is SEXY yo!" :drink: It came as such a surprise -- not that I thought he was going to say something negative, but I wasnt expecting him to even know the actress' name! Wow! :eek:

Ever since I can remember, Xena/Hercules was always popular with my peers. I remember in 3rd grade (making it 1997/98), I remember my teacher making a comment on violence on TV, and if I recall she said something like "I'm sure you guys are watching things like Jerry Springer [laughter] or Hercules...and Xena [big cheer: YEAH!!!!!] lol

Its funny, Xena always seems to overshadow Hercules. I'm not trying to insult the show, but its true. In health class (of my sophomore year in high school) we were watching those dont-smoke-because-its-bad-for-you type videos, and it was pretty old -- '96 ish. Well, from time to time celebrities would do a special mini interview on why smoking is bad for your health, you shouldnt do it, etcetera. Well when it was Kevin Sorbo, everyone gasped and said "OMG I REMEMBER HIM...OOHMMYGOSHHH," so on and so forth lol You'd think everyone caught the holy ghost or something, there was nostalgia in the air I suppose. I even saw several students turn around and look back at their friends with that "OMG" facial expression :tongue: Anyway, the funny part is...after class -- everyone was talking in the hallway about -- but no one was talking about Hercules, everyone was talking about Xena. They we're rambling on and on from how they remember what time and day it came on (lol) to all the things Xena could do. And of course they all you heard through the hallway was immitations of the war-cry (and may I add, they were all terrible lol).

Like you though, I am too shy when it comes to things like that and I kept my mouth shut...silently enjoying the enthusiasm for Xena. Boy oh boy do I wish I could of been apart of the conversations Confusedo: Me and my shyness arrrghhh. Its too bad I've transfered from a new school ... I could of converted some people this year, lol It was an all girls school too, and it would of been the perfect place to be able to make a Xena essay or something. lol Not that you cant at co-ed, just saying :wink:

Wow I talk too much Idea
juicy flawless.org

:cheergirl:
p4poetic Wrote:Its funny, Xena always seems to overshadow Hercules. I'm not trying to insult the show, but its true.

I don't think there was ever that much difference in ratings (in fact in the UK Xena got moved to a graveyard slot before Hercules did), but Xena certainly had the higher cult status. I'm not sure why exactly, maybe Hercules appealed more to casual viewers while Xena appealed more to those who really got into the characters. I remeber the Xena magazine would always have in tiny letters "featuring Hercules" on the cover which always annoyed me as I'm slightlly more of a Herc fan. Both shows were far superior to their many imitators though (although I have a fondness for Robin Hood). It's just a shame that action shows are getiing so thin on the ground now. Alias was really the last of that era and now that's on the way out too.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
lol. All the time. In the good old days, back when I was a teen in high school, at every chance I get.
p4poetic Wrote:Its funny, Xena always seems to overshadow Hercules. I'm not trying to insult the show, but its true.

I don't know if I can say this in a forum like this, but I hated Hercules. It irritated me when the characters (Xena and Hercules) joined forces. X&G always!

Anyhow, back to the original question. Yes, I did use Xena in my school work. Something for art, but that was when I was in high school. Hmm, about 4 years ago in 9th grade (3rd form). That drawing probably sucks now if I go back and look at it. Sad Anyways, these days I design web pages, guess who was an inspiration for my web template? You got it. Xena! Well, Lucy. Here's a link to it. It's a simple one, but all you need is Lucy's face, and voila! Not so simple! :crown: (Oh, do forgive the DGD watermarks) Angel
http://thebruney.phpnet.us/digi-album/di...=0&pos=-45
You hated Hercules. How dare you. :wink:

I know what you mean. I, at the very early start of Xena was a lttle unsure. But I soon got over that. Both shows were, and still are, the best thing in TV that ever happend to me. They gave me confindence and changed the way I saw TV. It is my aim in life to give people the same joy I got from watching Herc and Xena.

At the end of the day no one has the right to say you must like this. Had I read Zaudeen remarks on Herc back in the 90s, I would have gone nuts. I was really drunk on these shows, you would be a little worried. Any mocking of them would get really protective of them.

But we all like what we like. Hercules and Xena are not at war for my effection. I loved them both back then and love them even more now with the same passion.

True Xena did over take Hercules a little, but Herc always stayed just about the right level to keep going for 7 seasons.
Sorry hun, I posted that before I saw your user name and read some of your posts. I was like oh dear, hope he doesn't try to e-shoot me now. Wink

No worries, back in the day I was, as you say, 'drunk' over Xena; and even worse the actors. I had this one magazine that had this article about the wedding of Lucy Lawless. There was this beautiful picture of her and Rob Tapert coming down the aisle. (Lucy never looked so Lawless) Anyways, my friend somehow got her hands on the picture and decided to rip it. I swear I was going to cry. Instead I just got really pi$$ed. Luckily, I was too retarded at the time to knock her out. Wonder what I'd do today? Now that's what you call 'drunk'...or worse obssessive? :worry:
I would never mock another Herc and Xena fan, dont worry about it Zaudeen. We have alot in common by the sound of things. Both were, and still are obssessive other Xena.

I rember when I lost some issues of Xena mag. I dont know were they ended up. On a train, bin who knows but they just got lost when I took them out for the day. I cryed my eyes out. An the same gose for the day I read that Channel 5 had axed Xena. I couldent finish the rest of Xena mag that issue.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? xenagabby888 26 31,806 February 13th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Tabbyhamm1979
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 549 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 1,224 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Xena faces off against Callisto...behind the bar! august 9 1,658 November 20th, 2018, 08:35 PM
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 850 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: august
  22 years of Xena Warrior Princess :O august 6 1,106 September 18th, 2017, 10:33 AM
  NBC-Universal is serious about a Xena reboot ... or are they? august 34 3,266 August 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
  Little Xena + Gabby on Halloween! august 3 2,321 October 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM
  Xena opening credits - Lego style! august 4 939 October 9th, 2016, 04:57 PM
  Only Victoria Pratt could make this prop call sheet work... august 1 620 January 20th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Michael