Lucy's new movie
Lucy Lawless will be in a new movie called 'Boogeyman', currently being filmed in NZ. The maion character is played by Barry Watson (7th Heaven). It's a horror film and it's produced by Sam Riami and Robert Tapert!
I don't know about the rest of you but what I've been reading elsewhere on the plot of this movies makes it seem like a rip-off of a crappy movie called "Darkness Falls".
Really? I haven't been able to find much on it. As always I'm probably not looking in the right areas. Rolleyes

Side note: I did read the novelization to Darkness Falls. They should have stuck with what was in the novel which explained a whole loooot more than what was presented in the movie. The Tooth Fairy character would have been more fleshed out and would have come off as a more tragic figure with a reason for her actions.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Courtesy of Mary D's site, here are some links (although they all pretty much say the same thing) -

Articles
Lawless Doesn't Fear 'Boogeyman' From Hollywood Reporter/Reuters
16 July 2003
http://www.lucylawless.info/news/movie-b...porter.htm

Links

Screen Daily.com - 17 July 2003
http://www.screendaily.com/story.asp?storyid=13213
ComingSoon.net - 16 July 2003
http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=668
Zap2It.com - 16 July 2003
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/...29,00.html
Screen Daily.com - 15 July 2003
http://www.screendaily.com/story.asp?storyid=13191
Screen Daily.com - 14 February 2003
http://www.screendaily.com/story.asp?storyid=11275
SciFi Wire
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-film....08.30.film
Movies.com
http://movies.go.com/movies/T/theboogeyman_2003/
Yahoo.com movies
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808468549
Upcoming Horror Movies
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movi...eyman.html
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Here are two summaries of "Darkness Falls) from the IMDB:

When he was a young boy, Kyle (Chaney Kley) claimed that while he was sleeping, he accidentally woke up and saw the Tooth Fairy, who tried to kill him. Since then, he was considered crazy by everyone in town, except for his childhood girlfriend, Caitlin (Emma Caulfield), and her younger brother. But now, Hell is coming back as that black haired, winged creature of doom that Kyle described is coming back to town. And she's not leaving without Caitlin's brother...

========

In the 1800's there was a woman that little children would take their old teeth (ones they had recently lost) to in exchange for a gold coin. A few years later, tragedy struck her, first a fire in her house which caused her to not be able to go into any type of light, and then she was hanged. There's a story that goes around the town of Darkness Falls about her, and she's called the Tooth Fairy. The story goes that she can't go in the light, and if you wake up and see her, she'll kill you. The usual saying is "Don't Peek." Well, there is a boy named Kyle who gets a warning from his friend Caitlin to not peek. Well, he wakes up on the night when the Tooth Fairy is supposed to come and get his last tooth and sees her. It all leads to more tragedy and the movie jumps to 12 years later. Now grown up, Caitlin (emma caulfield) calls Kyle (chaney kley) because her little brother Michael (lee cormie) is going through the same things he did as a boy, and wants his help. Kyle goes back to Darkness Falls to face his past, and the woman in the porceline mask (aka the Tooth Fairy)
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I think is sounds pretty interesting. I've heard that the guy that plays Micheal the archangel on Xena (I can't remember his name) is also going to be in the movie.
The only person who understands me is my dog. :paw:
Charles Measure.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

More scoop - Lucy plays the lead's mom in the flashbacks.

From Sharon D:

Lucy, resting up in New Zealand after traveling the world working on the "Warrior Women" documentary series, joined the cast of Boogeyman now filming in New Zealand. This is the first feature film being produced by Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi's Ghost House Productions for Senator International to be distributed by Sony's Screen Gems in North America. Barry Watson (7th Heaven) stars as Tim, a young man who returns home to face his fears of terrible events that took place in his bedroom when he was a child. Lucy plays Tim's mother in flashback scenes of his childhood. The movie also stars Emily Deschanel (The Alamo) as his neighbor, Kate. The cast also includes Tory Mussett (The Matrix Reloaded, Peter Pan), Skye McCole Bartusiak (Against the Ropes, Don't Say a Word), Philip Gordon and Charles Mesure (the Archangel Michael in Xena). The movie is being directed by Stephen Kay (remake of Get Carter, The Last Time I Committed Suicide) and written by Eric Kripke, Juliet Snowden, Stiles White and Darren Lemke. Filming is expected to last into late August.
Ew.

Rather than go with two lower-profile horror films in quick succession, they seem to have upgraded "The Grudge" - the ads are everywhere, and star Sarah Michelle Gellar is on the cover of "Entertainment Weekly," with the caption/headline "Buffy Returns" - but they have downgraded "Boogeyman."

According to Mary D's site, quoting http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6624 , "The Boogeyman" is going straight to video and dvd.

This would seem to explain why it's sat on the shelf for almost year now. A lot of teen-audience horror films have done middling box office business in the last year or two, but made a profit via rentals. It's a shrewd business move to avoid an extra $10 million or more of advertising, and go straight to what's most lucrative... but at the same time it's a concession that it wasn't going to be a blockbuster.
I thought that it was about a women who abused her son when he was a child.
UPDATE: Sony Pictures has told us that the film will indeed go to theaters first
on February 4, 2005!
Quote:I thought that it was about a women who abused her son when he was a child.

That's pretty much correct. But actually, it's about the child, as an adult. Kinda like "Psycho," which has the same theme. So ieven f we never saw the flashbacks, it was/is a great movie. And if we had seen the flashbacks (which ended up being written, produced and filmed 30 years later with a different cast, director, and writer as "Psycho IV" ) the original was still a great movie.
Quote:Originally posted by Akasha
Charles Measure.

Charles Mesure! :jawdrop: I didn't know that he was going to be in this movie! That is so cool! Now it will probably give me some incentive to see what seems to me to be a bad movie to me!

In loving memory of Polo Montañez a.k.a. el Guajiro Natural.

In loving memory of Jesse Nilsson.

OK this is weird - now there's been a retraction/clarification. Apparently "Boogeyman" is scheduled for Feb. like always. Mary D was just reporting what "Comingsoon.net" had announced. They were the ones who posted the erroneous info, which Sony clarified.

The especially weird thing is..... it wasn't just a rumor that was repeated - someone went out of their way to type up the whole thing in the language you'd use for a press release.... and now that I reread it, something about the wording of "...but was forced to undergo reshoots in January" seems fishy - as if there was some problem with quality. (When in reality tons of films do reshoots.) Or as if somone *wanted* to make people think there was some problem with quality.

If I didn't know better, I'd sure think there was some subterfuge going on.....
Apparently it's become common practice for sites like Coming Soon to post false info according to a poster at the IMDB Boogeyman message board who stated:

Quote:It has become trendy for websites like Coming Soon and Fangoria to run false articles fabricated by fanboys. Boogeyman, Mindhunters, and Cursed among others are not going direct to video as reported as various points. Coming Soon needs to do it's homework and start checking their sources as it pertains to the now infamous and quite false "direct to video" claim...
Yeah, that would seem to be the case. Although I assume "trendy" means it's a trend, rather than something they do intentionally. Fangoria is has been around for what, 30 years, and within its own genre, is a respected magazine, long before the internet came along.... (I remember that Sam and Rob and Bruce basically gave them a lot of behind the scenes access during the filming of ED 2, and then had a copy of it in Ash's trunk n AoD. :laugh: ) Comingsoon.net I assume is an internet-only source, like Aint-It-Cool News.... but they seem to have resources to send reporters to locations (like one seems to have interviewed some of the Narnia people in NZ recently.)

So you'd think think they'd bother to check some of these erroneous details, which presumably come from actual fanboys. Wink (Somehow I feel like channeling Chris Elliott: "Today, I am a fanman." :tongue: )

You know..... I wonder if this isn't from that same source as the supposed news story about the two fans killing themselves after AFIN aired.....
August wrote:

Quote:You know..... I wonder if this isn't from that same source as the supposed news story about the two fans killing themselves after AFIN aired.....

I don't think that said individual is involved with the fandom anymore.

He got booted off a message board for repeated personal attacks on Lucy and Rob and moved onto another board and either disappeared or changed handle.
Ah, *that* one. Nope, he's back at that original site, under a new name. But I was sort of meaning the broader "source," i.e. people who ran with that rumor and seemed very happy to spread it.

I mean, like you and me - we unintentionally *spread* the dvd rumor, not knowing it was false, 'cause it certainly had a ring of truth to it, given the time "Boogeyman" has been idling around.... and Ren Pics' previous involvement with direct-to-dvd stuff. But we weren't *happy* to hear it.
He was one of the ones that spreaded around the false rumor of some girl killing herself after learning Xena died.

Just to be on the safe side and we're talking about the same individual, he often went round and round with someone on the Netforum and one of the threads that I can think of that was the biggest was the "When Fates Collide" thread where it was a whole he said/she said type of thing. I believe his "cousin" or some "relative" worked for Ren Pics.

Is it the same one?
I don't remember the WFC thread per se, but I'll PM you. Smile

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 549 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 6,541 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: august
  Victoria Pratt's new movie Turbulence on Lifetime Move Network @ 8 PM tonight (Fr. 12/30) august 1 2,042 December 31st, 2016, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" august 0 594 September 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 755 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  Lucy Lawless and Bruce Campbell on Late Show with Colbert (Nov. 10) august 0 583 January 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM
  Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz! august 31 3,244 December 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM
  Interviews with Lucy, and her "dream project" august 2 582 December 27th, 2015, 04:16 PM
  Lucy Lawless on the Today Show! august 2 554 December 14th, 2015, 12:00 PM
  New movie about Satanic high priest LeVay. badlands 1 613 August 3rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Michael