OMG!!! Croque vs. the Zombies! Stuart *and* Stephen on IFC Thurs. 6/19 in Braindead
Well, I've still never seen it. And never thought I'd even find clips from it. But sure enough, it's all over YouTube now - for the classic low-budget NZ gore-fest "Dead Alive," also known as "Braindead."

And why is this relevant? Well, for starters, it put a little known director named Peter Jackson on the map. You may have seen him recently, at the bank, depositing his gajillion dollars from his Lord of the Rings films! :laugh:

Moreover, he freely admitted that he was inspired by Sam and Bruce's "Evil Dead" films, from the independent financing to the mix of horror and comedy.

Most importantly, though, it featured two long-time friends of his, Stuart Devenie and Stephen Papps!

I've actually heard horror film fans mention Stuart's most memorable scene, where his mild-mannered priest character goes Jackie Chan on the brain-eating zombies! And now for the enjoyment of everyone (especially Anna!) - click here for the scene!

BTW - a trailer for the film can be seen here.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Dat wuz uh...unique...:tongue:

Didn't know da gov had sum bada$s spin hook kicks!! :laugh:
:chinese:"Confucious say:
You go to jail, bad boi."

:drink:Russell Peters = Comic Genius :clap:
Oh cool - you finally got it to work for you! :bg: What was wrong the first time around, can you tell?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I had to install sum stupid crap.
:chinese:"Confucious say:
You go to jail, bad boi."

:drink:Russell Peters = Comic Genius :clap:
[COLOR="Navy"]This even turned up in a review (at the DVD Times) of the Peter Jackson "King Kong" DVD!

Quote:Indeed, Kong's saving of Ann Darrow from the Tyrannosaurus-sized dinosaurs is as worthy of a cheer as the appearance of Stuart Devenie's @r$e-kicking Father McGruder from Braindead. It's that exciting a scene.

OK, so they are ranking the value of an action scene in the $300-million dollar King Kong... by how exciting it is in comparison to Stuart going kung fu on some zombies 15 years ago....:laugh:
[/COLOR]
Believe it or not - this film finally turns up on American cable, presumably in its uncut and therefore unrated original version (which I think would otherwise have been technically rated X, soley for violence and (extremely fake-looking) zombie gore. From what I've read, this makes the original Evil Dead look like Indy as far as sfx.

At any rate, it's on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) this Thursday night (6/19) at 10:30 PM and again at 3:30 AM.

I also gather that Stephen basically plays the zombie-fied version of Stuart's character, Father McGruder. (He's credited as "Zombie McGruder.")

Hoping someone will catch this and fill us all in! :bg:
An extended clip of Stuart!

Stuart vs. Zombies From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuart Devenie Birthday Thread! august 37 6,413 July 12th, 2020, 03:19 AM
Last Post: august
  Gov. Croque's Christmas Party - 17th Anniversary august 18 3,265 December 20th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Stuart Devenie won't stop 'til he gets enough.... august 1 422 July 14th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Stephen Papps (Capt. Brogard) + Lost's Maggie Grace in Murder in Greenwich august 2 964 May 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
  Zombies, giant squids...next Vicky takes on...Mongolian Death Worms! Sat. 8/27 - Syfy august 10 1,317 July 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Stephen Papps (Brogard), Danielle Cormack (Catherine the Great) in this week's Seeker august 2 972 September 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
  Gov. Croque (Stuart Devenie) on Stage - video clips from "Four Flat Whites In Italy" august 29 5,693 July 26th, 2010, 04:19 PM
  Gov. Croque (Stuart Devenie) reflects on travel adventures august 0 465 July 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
  new video interviews w/ Bruce on Burn Notice Season 3 (new eps Thurs. @ 9 PM on USA) august 4 853 June 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
  Stuart Devenie in "Hatch, or The Plight of the Penguins" in Dunedin, Oct. 11-12 august 9 1,040 June 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM