snape <contains spoilers from OOTP>
has anyone else found that after reading the fifth book, snape doesn't seem so horrible in the other four? I don't know if i'm the only one (probably, though), but I think I like Snape a little more just because he's a connection to Sirius and Lupin, even though in the first two books you don't know about them yet...just wondering if anyone else feels the same...
Last night I finished reading the chapter Snape's Worst Memory. I have yet to finish reading the book, so please don't reveal any secrets unless they are covered in spoiler tags! Anyhow, this chapter was perhaps one of the most revealing into the character of Snape. Not just the character as JKR has written him, but the actual man himself.

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Given that Snape was abused at the hands of James Potter and his friends, and that Harry looks almost exactly like James, Snape's treatment of Harry now makes perfect sense. Of course he would hate Harry as he would transfer all that terrible pent up rage against James toward his offspring. Since Harry looks just like James, at times I'm certain that Snape is acting not against Harry personally, but the representation of James that Harry is. And James' treatment of Snape apparently isn't justified at all; at least not in the Harry vs. Draco way that we were originally told.

I'm now in complete agreement with the above poster regarding Snape and the way he acts toward Harry, Siruis and Lupin. He is certainly one of the more tragic characters of the book.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
i have always liked snaoe because ye he is a tuff teacher and he does like slythering but so do i
i always thought he was a good teacher and he was always misunderstodd he was always there to help in all 5 books nobody really understood him i dont know why but i always thoguht he was one of the best in the books

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 820 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Fan Film: "Severus Snape and the Marauders" Michael 2 507 May 30th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Michael
  RIP Professor Snape Paul Goode 3 705 January 17th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video of Alan Rickman talking about playing Snape BookBug 0 507 January 24th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Last Post: BookBug
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 836 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
  Potterverse, Names (spoilers from end of Deathly Hallows) Darq Ali 21 2,816 September 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Michael's Take (Spoilers) Michael 198 21,657 September 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
  Theories on The deathly Hallows...Now has spoilers!!! Beware! Fosco_Diggory 91 6,767 August 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM
  Did I Miss Something? (contains spoilers) RobRoy 5 1,331 August 29th, 2007, 11:41 AM
  Is Snape Dumbledore's Man? [Spoliers for Deathly Hallows] Darq Ali 42 2,888 August 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM