Who is the most powerful Wizard?
I just wanna no who is actually the most poweful wizard in Rowlings world.

Is it Voldemort?

Or is it Dumbledore?

Surely if it was Dumbledore he would be capable of finishing Voldemort off?

If it is Voldemort, then that means Harry must be destined to be the joint most poerful wizard?
Oh I dunno any insights anyn one?
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
well everyone says dumbledore is the only wizard Voldemort feared, but that doesnt mean hes more powerful than him. people often fear theyre equals just the same as people with more power. and as the prophecy says harry has been marked as Voldemorts equal.therefore whoever wins at the end of book 7(lets face it-who says good has to win-maybe harry will be killed by voldemort) will be the most powerful wizard.
Yeah I agree! So it must be Voldemort, so Dumbledore must be a close second.
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
Okay, Dumbledore is the greatest, period! It's a proven fact. If Voldemort is better than him then why is Dumbledore the only person Voldemort fears? He wouldn't fear someone not as good as him. And these are CHILDREN'S BOOKS! Of course the good will win in the end. There may be people left dead fighting for it but Harry would never die. Uh, scratch that never.
Billy: I just lost my train of thought. Keep talking Dom.
Dom: I like eggs in the morning and bacon at night. Is that bad?
Billy: No keep going, keep going.
Dom: When I was seven I used to eat ants.
Billy: Wait, I remembered! I just lost it again
Yup, I agree w/ you Liz, but I'm confused too about why he doesn't just kill Voldemort... I'm sure she wants t make it as real-life as possible.:dummy: :up: :halo:
my god, what a world you love.
Dumbledore has proven that he is more powerful than Voldemort in the end of the 5th book in the ministry.
The light merely hides the darkness.
Quote:Surely if it was Dumbledore he would be capable of finishing Voldemort off?

no he cant finish him off because thats harrys job but no dumbledore is the most powerful because he beat voldeoret and there is no denying it
Quote:Originally posted by snape fan
no he cant finish him off because thats harrys job but no dumbledore is the most powerful because he beat voldeoret and there is no denying it

Really? Dumbldore held his own rather well against Voldemort, but it didn't seem to me that there was a clear winner.
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Voldemort was counting on Dumbledore killing Harry for him.
But obviously Dumbledore didn't fall for that. Simple fear of someone does not mean that that person is stronger than you are, it means they are capable of causing you great harm, certainly. But it doesn't intrinsically suggest greater strength.

And I didn't realize the prophecy was so clear that Harry would have to beat Voldemort. It seemed to be rather ambigious in the extreme. Harry is the one who interpreted it to mean that he would have to kill Voldemort.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
[Image: pmusic2.gif]
[Image: pcheerleader.gif]
I agree with Athena, it makes sense that Professor Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort are equal in power, and opposite in essence. I think that is the reason why the Dark Lord fears the Headmaster, because he knows Dumbledore is the only one who can neutralize him easily, even when he is on the top of his strength!
Quote:Originally posted by LizagogElfQueen
Slight fault in that theory. Harry isn't the only person who can defeat Voldemort. Dumbledore can too. Why do you think Voldemort fears him so much?

Dumbledore may be able to defeat Voldemort but he knows that he mustn't do so.

Dumbledore knows the prophecy and that is must be fullfilled. Therefore he will always step back, to let Harry finish him off... or be killed in the attempt.

But yes I agree: Dumbledore is at least equal in power to Voldemort. Personally I think, Dumbledore is by far the greater and more powerful one of the two.
Quote:Originally posted by Draco Malfoy

Dumbledore knows the prophecy and that is must be fullfilled. Therefore he will always step back, to let Harry finish him off... or be killed in the attempt.

I've already said this. The prophecy did NOT state that Harry was the one who had to kill Voldemort. Therefore I think Harry should be the one to step back and let someone else, mainly Dumbledore, try a kill him.
Quote:Originally posted by LizagogElfQueen
I've already said this. The prophecy did NOT state that Harry was the one who had to kill Voldemort. Therefore I think Harry should be the one to step back and let someone else, mainly Dumbledore, try a kill him.

I didn't think it had to be Harry either, but I changed my mind after reading it again.
The prophecy said that 'either must die at the hand of the other'. Also, while prophecy was being explained to Harry, he said "So, so does that mean that...that one of us has got to kill the other one...in the end?" and Dumbledore answered "Yes."

I guess I'm going off on a limb here by saying I think that Harry is the most powerful wizard. Maybe not yet, but by the time that he has to really confront Voldemort and kill him, I think he will be. It said when Voldemort tried to kill him, he instead 'marked him as his equal'. I think Harry has all of Voldemorts powers, even if he doesn't know how to use them yet.Rolleyes Plus, he possesses powers locked in the room in the DoM, which I think we'll learn more about. Right now, I'd say that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard. He's the only one Voldemort is afraid of, and I don't think Voldemort would be able to defeat him by himself.~GaladrielSmile
'nothing is more ancient, excellent, or more desirable than truth' ~Edward Kelly
Let's look at this logically.

Back at Hogwarts, Dumbledore was the only teacher who saw Riddle for what he was. Dumbledore kept him on short leash after the incident with the Chamber of Secrets. Naturally that would have instigated some sort of fear.
Now upon Riddle's rise, Dumbledore remained stronger than him. As Voldemort, Riddle may have been the more powerful of the two, but he wasn't about to take the chance. That's one theory.

I believe that Dumbledore was more powerful than Voldemort, but evil naturally has a wider arsenal of spells. Therefore, Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldemort without becoming evil himself.
ok Voldemort is without a doubt the most powerful wizard as of now. think about it. Dumbledore used to be equals with him...then Voldemorts power broke. Now that he's back, he's stronger than ever (the 4th book said so), and as for dumbledore, its obvious he's getting weaker cuz he's getting SO old. so we got a stronger Voldemort and a Weaker Dumbledore. also theres the fact that Voldemort would have beat Dumbledore if it wasn't for Harry yelling "LOOK OUT" when the snake almost bit dumbledore at the same time as Voldemort appeared over Dumbledore. So if it wasn't for Harry, Dumbledore would probably be a gonner already. also when dumbledore is talking to Harry, its giving hints about how old dumbledore is getting, and i think dumbledore realizes he can't beat Voldemort so easily. i also think Voldemort WILL kill DUmbledore in one of the next books. and also, i think Dumbledore has been TRAINING harry since DAY 1 at hogwarts. think about it. remember when dumbledore told harry how the Mirror of Erised worked? i think Dumbledore MEANT for harry to go down and fight Voldemort, and then during the CoS book, Dumbledore knew harry was in hagrids hut when he gave that clue about being "loyal to dumbledore", which harry used to defeat Voldemort again. there are clues like these all through the books, you all should read them again and look for these clues. because soon, i think that Dumbledore will SACRIFICE his life to save Harry, Knowing that Harry is the only one who can kill voldemort. im done.....
Everyone keeps asking why Dumbledore hasn't killed Voldemort if Dumbledore's more powerful than him. Think for a minute. Maybe it's cuz of the prophecy between Harry and Voldemort. Either Harry's going to kill Voldemort, or Voldemort's going to kill Harry. In accordance with propehcy, it couldn't be anything else.
Quote:Originally posted by Unregistered
Everyone keeps asking why Dumbledore hasn't killed Voldemort if Dumbledore's more powerful than him. Think for a minute. Maybe it's cuz of the prophecy between Harry and Voldemort. Either Harry's going to kill Voldemort, or Voldemort's going to kill Harry. In accordance with propehcy, it couldn't be anything else.
Bravo! Bravo!
Quote:Originally posted by Athena
I think Voldemort and Dumbledore are equals

Harry will be Voldemorts ONLY equal once he comes of age thats why it was prophosised. I think Robroy understands the situation well, yes-Vodemort fears Dumbledore, because Dumbledore can fight in the same league as Voldemort, he can cause him great pain and thwart his plans but he is not Voldemorts equal. However I think it is clear that when Voldemort falls (if he does) Dumbledore will be there with Harry, I think it may be dumbledores actions which will set up harry to finally defeat Voldemort.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All out wizard and witch war Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 9 796 December 20th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Captiang
  If you were a wizard, what would your job be? Unregistered 50 2,111 July 30th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44
  Wizard armies and defence force? I GOT NO NAME 2 455 July 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Last Post: I GOT NO NAME
  Wizard People, Dear Reader SFfilmfan 1 531 June 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Last Post: SFfilmfan
  You Could Be A Redneck Wizard If.... D'Monix 3 998 August 13th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Lady of Light