Terminator 2 Question
I've been watching the first two so I will be ready for the 3rd. My question is: The chase scene with the semi and pick-up -- when the semi crashes and there's all this steam and liquid that ends up freezing the T-1000 (Robert Patrick's character); what is that stuff, that it causes him to freeze? :confused:
Hurdy gur,
Kelsey
"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people: the Druids. No one knows who they were, or what they were doing, but their legacy remains hewn into the living rock ... of Stonehenge"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is liquid nitrogen.
I've got someone looking over my shoulder and they reckon it is too.

How do you think they'll do Terminator 3? Because at the end of 2, they had cleared it all up. Thrown everything from the machines into that that lava pit thingy. Unless there was something they missed, there's gonna be a whole lotta loops in it!
To avoid probing an open wound, is not that the truest sympathy?
- Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
Quote:Originally posted by Liz Walsh
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is liquid nitrogen.
I've got someone looking over my shoulder and they reckon it is too.

How do you think they'll do Terminator 3? Because at the end of 2, they had cleared it all up. Thrown everything from the machines into that that lava pit thingy. Unless there was something they missed, there's gonna be a whole lotta loops in it!

I would assume that even though the scientist working on the research, as well as the majority of the research was destroyed, that someone from that lab would still have something to work on, even if it was just based on the ideas that they had started from. It's a bit weak, but it would still fly.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
The Terminator's arm had been ripped off between two gears when fighting the T-1000. Tho I read that in the book that Sarah and John destroyed that arm, in the movie they didn't. Either that was just overlooked in filming, or that's how T3 happens. I may easily be wrong, but it seems like a perfect way for Cyberdyne and Skynet to exist in the future. I'm guessing the machine's take-over got pushed back a bit farther than '97, tho.
Has anyone else been to T2: Battle Across Time at Universal? I went to the one at Orlando and thought that thing was awesome! All the 3-D stuff is great. I had taken the 3-D glasses off for just a second and when I put 'em back on the T-1000 was in my face and scared me. I had no idea what to expect. The great thing is, the second time around is just as great as the first.
Hurdy gur,
Kelsey
Well, I saw it over the weekend. It's not bad - sort of like the Die Hard sequels - decent films, but not as good as the original. (Or in this case the original two.)

As for how they explain it....

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
basically they use the old time travel theory that if something is destined to happen, it will happen one way or another. So while all the bits and pieces of the original Terminator(s) are destroyed, the govt. goes ahead and develops the technology on their own as part of a global defense sytem comparable to Reagan's SDI plan. And they name it the quite reasonable "SkyNet."

I give it 3 out of 5. If you loooooove car chase and explosion films, or idolize Schwarzenegger (who does a fine job and doesn't look old at all) or just *have* to see how the story develops... then go see it.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 131 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for "Terminator 6" Michael 0 332 October 21st, 2019, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Knowing - A question and MAJOR SPOILERS RobRoy 3 607 June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Summer blockbusters: Trek, Terminator, Harry Potter, Transformers, Wolverine, GI Joe! august 10 1,496 September 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Last Post: august
  Christian Bale's Terminator 4 Tirade Boomstick 21 1,614 February 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Kea
  Terminator Salvation Michael 11 1,899 December 10th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Dr. No weapon question tancred 4 888 October 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tancred
  question re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers) dasher 3 629 April 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Last Post: dasher
  A question for those who own Polanski's Macbeth abz_ob 0 496 March 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: abz_ob
  Austin Powers / Dr. Evil question Bailey 1729 3 702 January 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Bailey 1729