Is Aunt Petunia a muggle or squib or a bitter witch?
Is she ? I always thought she was awfully jealous of her sister’s talents?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Per the books she's just a normal human. Her parents were muggles so she's not a squib.
I always thought Rowling meant to imply there might be magical ancestry somewhere in the Evans family history. Hagrid (not always the best source of information), suggests the bloodlines were getting mixed up after hundreds of years of families intermarrying with the muggles.
(September 1st, 2022, 06:09 PM)Michael Wrote: I always thought Rowling meant to imply there might be magical ancestry somewhere in the Evans family history. Hagrid (not always the best source of information), suggests the bloodlines were getting mixed up after hundreds of years of families intermarrying with the muggles.

I can't remember where but I believe Rowling has stated anyone who has magic show up in the bloodline had magical ancestry at some point but that begs the question of where it all started in the first place.
Yes. Ancient traditions always have shadowy origins.

Technically, I think Dudley's descendants might have a chance at developing magical abilities, since he's Petunia's son.
(September 14th, 2022, 10:48 AM)Michael Wrote: Yes. Ancient traditions always have shadowy origins.

Technically, I think Dudley's descendants might have a chance at developing magical abilities, since he's Petunia's son.

As was J.K. Rowling's original intention for the final scene.  Dudley was supposed to be there with his own child.  She ultimately removed it as she didn't feel magic could survive contact with Vernon's genetics. Still, it would likely crop back up again later on, I'm sure.
I was unaware of Rowling's feelings about Vernon's family line. But like any author she can always change her mind, or find a way to bend her own rules.

I think it would have been good to have Dudley bring a child to the final scene (for the train ride to Hogwarts).
(September 28th, 2022, 11:40 PM)Michael Wrote: I was unaware of Rowling's feelings about Vernon's family line. But like any author she can always change her mind, or find a way to bend her own rules.

I think it would have been good to have Dudley bring a child to the final scene (for the train ride to Hogwarts).

I agree.  To be fair, I think she did as well, hence it being originally part of the ending.  There's always headcanon.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Muggle word is derogatory badlands 8 1,459 November 8th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: namesarehard
  Dursleys: secret witch family badlands 8 668 November 5th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Muggle Quidditch Darq Ali 7 1,736 December 8th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Harry Potter and the Muggle Prime Minister (Ch 1 Minor Spoiler) Gildor Inglorion 16 1,291 August 19th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Last Post: zoe27
  All out wizard and witch war Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 9 798 December 20th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Captiang
  will hermoine ever become the greatest witch the wizarding world has ever seen... prince paragordius 7 754 July 5th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Unregistered
  Petunia Unregistered 14 1,017 August 19th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Last Post: BeardofPants