No nudes in the LOTR petition
Lord Of The Rings Fans Petition Against Amazon Show Changing Original TrilogyThe upcoming Amazon Prime Video original The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is changing the original trilogy, and some fans are trying to raise their voices to stop it from happening. Of course,Giant Freakin Robot on MSN.com2 days ago

Do you agree or disagree? 

https://www.change.org/p/amazonstudios-keep-lotronprime-true-to-tolkien-and-his-writings-and-free-of-gratuitous-objectionable-content

Here is the petition if you like to look at it. 
[url=https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrNY2vyKe9iofEakSxXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzQEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1659869810/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.change.org%2fp%2famazonstudios-keep-lotronprime-true-to-tolkien-and-his-writings-and-free-of-gratuitous-objectionable-content/RK=2/RS=EeRqUGJZyZ00TCZMg6oypVsUxm0-][/url]
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Funny, I see nothing said about nudity in the petition.

The book BTW had at least 3 scenes involving nudity.
1. Sam, Merry, and Pippin after Tom Bombadil rescued them from the barrow-wight
2. Gandalf on the mountain after the fight with the Balrog
3. Frodo held captive in the attic of Cirith Ungol tower

That said, I agree with the petition overall and in particular. If they're going to do Tolkien, they need to stay faithful to his themes and tone
and not violate restrictions he documented for us, nor make them over into 'woke' fables. Jackson was bad enough in revisionism and chopping off charqacters and scenes, to say nothing of Bakshi! Amazon's "Wheel of Time" adaptation has been pretty ghastly and revisionist, despite "Robert Jordan" not working with nearly as well-defined a set of themes and ethics.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Can scenes involving Liv Tyler and Evsngeline Lilly be exempted?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You can add the the bath scene at Crick Hollow to your list of nude scenes in Tolkien's LoTR.

However, "...The series must remain true to the spirit of Tolkien's stories, in both theme and overall plot...." <- Based on what's been disclosed so far, I'd say the show has already violated this request.
I think that means that we dont want to see orcs making out with elves Smile.
For more on that topic, just Google a College Humor video, rated R, called "Elf girlfriend sexual history," where a human realizes the challenges of dating a 2700 year old partner. "I'm not a slut - I waited until I was 700."
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I'll have to look up the video. College Humor definitely blew the windows off a lot of popular shows and movies. I'm not sure but I think they did a series of videos based on Civilization V which were pretty funny. If it wasn't them, whoever did those videos did a great job.
I saw the college humor video Smile.
I imagine that the Amazon series will show a lot of similar things. Huh
I think that Amazon views the series as a Middle earth "reboot".
The series will probably not be in Tolkien's spirit.
Apparently they made several "My Elf Girlfriend" videos. Very funny.
(August 11th, 2022, 12:53 AM)Michael Wrote: You can add the the bath scene at Crick Hollow to your list of nude scenes in Tolkien's LoTR.

I thought of that, but skipped it thinking all the nekkidness took place "offstage" behind the closed doors of the bath-room. But, reviewing it I see that Merry opened the door to check on Frodo, Sam, and Pippin, Pippin having done a lot of noisy splashing. Then,
Quote:Frodo came out drying his hair.
‘There’s so much water in the air that I’m coming into the kitchen to finish,’ he said.
So. points to Michael!
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite songs from the LOTR series badlands 5 143 September 1st, 2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Do the dwarves look different in the Hobbit than the LOTR? badlands 4 224 August 24th, 2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: ZehnWaters
  Amazon is ruining LOTR? badlands 2 138 July 28th, 2022, 07:50 PM
  History of the LOTR badlands 4 244 June 7th, 2022, 03:17 AM
  LOTR virtual challenge badlands 1 176 April 6th, 2022, 03:14 AM
  Where were the dwarves in the LOTR? badlands 1 272 March 30th, 2022, 12:30 AM
  LOTR rap anniversary badlands 3 376 January 16th, 2022, 02:11 AM
Last Post: badlands
  New Years and LOTR 4 k bilbobaggins764 1 389 January 4th, 2022, 01:58 AM