Why Gandalf silenced the hobbits in front of the voice of Sauron?
So they won’t have him make fun of them?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I assume you meant the "Mouth of Sauron".

Hobbits, plural? Only one, Pippin, was present before the Black Gate during the parley.

Gandalf shushed him because he, by his outburst on seeing the mithril hauberk, was giving away intel to the Mouth, i.e. the Mouth now knew Pippin recognized it. That raised the possibility Sauron might surmise Mordor had been infiltrated, and would order a general alarm and search, the very thing Aragorn and Gandalf had tried to avert. However, it was still unlikely such an intruder would be the one having the Ring, and what could one spy or guerilla possibly do otherwise? It worked out to be another distraction for Sauron and his inner circle, much as the orcs' fight at Cirith Ungol Tower over the mail-shirt made it possible for Frodo and Sam to get into Mordor to begin with.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
I don't disagree with anything you said, Alvin, but I think the scene follows a familiar trope in fiction: never show weakness to an enemy. Many a story has a moment where a character is prompted into revealing some emotion to an enemy in much the same way. The bad guys bring out clothing or artifacts that belong to another character who has supposedly been captured or killed.

I can't be sure but I think this trope predates Tolkien.

See the "Our Hero Is Dead" trope at TVTropes:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M...HeroIsDead

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did Sauron become a necromancer? badlands 4 219 February 13th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Gandalf the Grey vs. Gandalf the White badlands 3 392 January 15th, 2022, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Travis Stephens
  WI Saruman killed Sauron Jaak 20 4,361 December 2nd, 2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Sauron on a fell beast gzhindra 15 1,760 October 18th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: gzhindra
  The mouth of Sauron's horse gzhindra 11 1,059 May 31st, 2021, 07:14 PM
  Saruman's and Sauron's Fea Travis Stephens 7 1,435 November 4th, 2020, 09:10 PM
  The Mouth of Sauron had a darker skin tone badlands 2 1,120 August 4th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Sauron's favorites Mordomin 4 815 June 21st, 2020, 10:23 AM
  Why did the Nazgul attack Gandalf at Weathertop? Mordomin 10 1,844 May 27th, 2020, 07:38 PM
  Why didn't Sauron sack Rivendell? Mordomin 8 1,904 February 22nd, 2020, 05:24 AM