How can star trek get new fans?
When all there shows are on subscription?
They'll get rich fans, at least.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I put off subscribing to Paramount+ for a long time. I finally did it for a non-Star Trek show.

At some point, I think these streaming services will need to bring their prices down in order to survive. There are too many of them. When they can no longer grow subscription revenues, they'll have to come up with new monetization strategies.
Well, they have to create quality content first. Discovery and Picard have not been very successful, in spite of what I'm sure they would tell you. Imagine messing up a TNG show. If they'd done it with a shred of respect for the original, instead of going out of their way to destroy it, they would have cleaned up, financially speaking. It's amazing to me the low-quality writing people tolerate these days. So many movies and tv shows are just objectively bad.

I am mildly interested in Strange New Worlds, although the trailer has several red flags.
I think Paramount is making a huge mistake with these nostalgia-based shows. Maybe there is market research that says younger audiences find them appealing, but the whole streaming universe is too fractured (in my opinion) to sustain all these independent franchises.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Michael's thoughts) Michael 0 91 May 9th, 2022, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Trek: Picard Michael 1 216 May 9th, 2022, 01:32 AM
  In Defense of Star Trek: Enterprise Michael 19 1,708 April 6th, 2022, 05:21 PM
  Star Trek: Lower Decks Valandil 1 449 December 1st, 2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Trek languages badlands 4 591 July 1st, 2021, 10:19 AM
  Video - History of Star Trek Michael 0 617 July 25th, 2020, 09:18 PM
  Star Trek video/ computer games badlands 4 1,088 July 23rd, 2020, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Mary Sue character in Star Trek badlands 13 1,761 June 29th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  New Animated Star Trek badlands 3 826 June 8th, 2020, 12:00 PM