New Dean Devlin show, 'The Ark'
Saw this article in Variety the other day and bookmarked it to share here.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/dean-de...235220318/

Quote:Dean Devlin’s new Syfy series "The Ark" has found its core cast members as production gets underway, Variety has learned exclusively.

Christie Burke, Richard Fleeshman, Reece Ritchie, Stacey Read and Ryan Adams will all appear as series regulars in the show, which is now shooting at PFI Studios in Belgrade, Serbia. The show was first announced back in January.

"The Ark" takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet, a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and survive.

Click on the link above to read the entire article.

I must say, I've always preferred distant future science fiction or alternate reality science fiction because it's hard for me to suspend disbelief when a show's history for MY contemporary times is way off the mark. Star Trek is one of those wars. The Eugenics Wars were supposed to happen in the late 1990s. Of course, nothing like them has happened in real Earth history, so every time they mention those wars (or bring in Augments) I cringe because it's impossible to reconcile that history with real history.

Shows like Stargate, where the science, technology, and aliens are kept secret from the public are easier for me to follow.
Am I just old and out of touch, or has no one else ever heard of those actors, either?
Can't say the names ring any bells for me. But I often recognize actors without knowing their names. As an example, as I've been watching Halo, the actor who plays Vinsher Grath seems so familiar to me. I've wracked my brain trying to think of where I've seen him before.

Finally gave in to temptation and looked him up on IMDB this weekend. The actor is Burn Gorman, a name that means nothing to me. But when I looked at his filmography I saw he had played a character in the Pacific Rim movies (Hermann Gottlieb, one of the two scientists who add some comedic spark to the films while conveying vital information about the monsters to the audience). I've also seen him in some other productions, but I've missed most of his work. He might be familiar to Game of Thrones fans but I've never watched that show.

So it's possible I've seen some of the actors in this new production and just don't know their names.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh, for another good Chinese drama show ... Michael 0 94 November 13th, 2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Amazon Show, Night Sky Michael 0 263 June 7th, 2022, 03:22 AM
  Kung fu tv show reboot badlands 3 2,161 September 8th, 2019, 12:31 AM
  Amazon TV Show "Carnival Row" Michael 0 966 August 28th, 2019, 04:21 PM
  Show runner gives tour of Walking Dead offices august 0 623 April 5th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Last Post: august
  Still Waiting for News about new Stargate TV Show Michael 6 1,357 February 28th, 2019, 12:57 PM
  Live-action Loki TV Show planned for Disney+ Finds Showrunner Michael 0 613 February 17th, 2019, 01:21 AM
  Asian fantasy martial arts show badlands 2 839 November 22nd, 2018, 12:13 PM
  The Hillywood Show Doctor Who parody (video) Michael 0 617 August 9th, 2018, 11:33 PM
  Into the Badlands TV show badlands 9 1,234 June 28th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Boomstick