Darkfighters Mercenary Command
Does anyone know anything about a thing from the 1970's called "Darkfighters Mercenary Command"?  I don’t know if it’s from a novel, a game, or a “zine”.

I saw a poster in an antiques store about it.  It was a single page, black and white text.  It's basically a recruitment poster saying things like "Fighters needed on the Rim" and "Needed: Tunnelers and Rammen".  It had a line drawing of a vaguely Hispanic or Filipino man in a space helmet holding a raygun with the caption "Fight with Vasquez".

I've been fascinated by this since I saw it partially because I can't find anything about it on the Net, and because this single page conjures up a universe of possible story lines.
It sounds like it might be connected to BattleTech.
I've researched everything I could find on BattleTech (and its precursor BattleDroids) but nothing I found matched the content or style of the poster.
I wish I could think of something else. I'm pretty sure there was a sort of Battletech Knock-off, but I can't remember what it was called. I believe a couple of my friends told me about it many years ago. If I'm remembering things correctly, maybe the poster is related to that other system.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercenary Madness DeamondBleed 2 348 May 23rd, 2003, 07:42 AM
Last Post: DeamondBleed