Welcome back Kotter reboot
Is this possible? Maybe have John Travolta as the title character or his original character as a teacher in the school ?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
It's possible....but Travolta past retirement age as a young new teacher might not work, and if it's not a young teacher returning to his roots, it's a different show. Now Travolta as a weary Principal Barbarino is not a bad idea at all...but that might work better as a drama with him as an original character. Getting him to commit to a series might be impossible though.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Welcome Back, Kotter was a sensation in the 1970s because it was so different from the Norman Lear and MTM sitcoms that had dominated the TV schedules for years. Back then, American viewers had 3 major networks, PBS, and some random independent stations to watch. Things were pretty boring.

Also, Gabe Kaplan took his stage act and turned it into a TV show format. So you'd need someone like him to headline a reboot, where he'd have established, audience-tested personas to pass on to a new team of young actors.

Today's marketplace and audience interests are very different. I think you could have a show that shakes things up like WBK did, but probably not a reboot.
Yep. Dedicated young teacher in challenging school has worked ever since Our Gang met Miss Crabtree. And the lead determines the direction: naive young girl? Wise-cracking comic? Street-wise player? Tough ex-cop? Hot beauty? Working class shmoe? Coach who can take them to finals? Metal-head who reaches them via rock music? All have worked, with good writing and production.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
In fact, though I don't watch teen TV shows, I suspect there are probably a few in that genre on American television today. Between cable and streaming networks, there are an awful lot of shows to choose from.

This is a formula that probably won't die for a long, long time. The jokes and plots can always appeal to the contemporary teen audience's generation.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am not ready to go back into the cinemas Michael 9 508 November 24th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Family Affair Reboot badlands 1 3,247 May 24th, 2021, 09:58 PM
  Miami Vice and Knight rider reboot badlands 1 358 April 30th, 2021, 10:30 PM
  The TV series : Fame reboot badlands 1 403 May 12th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Last Post: august
  Does whole Avatar and The Legend of Korra cartoon series need to be reboot? badlands 1 488 January 13th, 2019, 05:15 PM
  There and back again, a Neverending tale. Adam-X 10 1,291 July 17th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Adam-X
  The Mickey Mouse club reboot badlands 1 520 May 16th, 2017, 11:08 AM
  Back me up! GamgeeFest 3 994 August 31st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Panda bites man, man bites him back RobRoy 3 495 September 22nd, 2006, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Yalmuk
  Dog Bites Back in TV Special RobRoy 5 483 September 20th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Boomstick