Tried to watch 'Jupiter Ascending' Again ...
Wasn't feeling well this weekend so I put on a movie. Picked Jupiter Ascending, starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum.

I've always assumed this movie was based on some teen novel, but in doing a little research I learned that there was no book. It was just a Wachowski movie (they did The Matrix and V is for Vendetta.

Overall, the special effects are very good. The acting is what I would expect from a top-rated cast. They can deliver the most banal of lines like they're talking in a real life.

But my wife and I sat there kind of numbed out because despite the good action and great CGI, we felt it was a very boring movie. According to tIMDB, someone asked Channing Tatum what the movie was about on Reddit and he replied, "Good question. I have the same one myself." Maybe he was just being funny, but I think when actors are really proud of their work they do take an interest in explaining the meaning of a story to interested fans.

I lost interest about halfway through the movie. I don't know if I've ever been able to watch it all the way through, after having sat through it in the theater. But I don't remember the details very well and I keep thinking I should try watching it again.

Honestly, I'm not that big a fan of the Matrix movies, but I at least managed to watch the first 3 all the way through at home. In my opinion, the Wachowskis make movies that require a bit too much thought to follow the story. I don't mind thinking about a story after I've read it or watched it, but when it's hard to keep up with all the nuances in the film -- especially when the characters almost whisper in-between explosions -- I can get lost pretty quickly. And when I get lost I try to re-watch scenes (at home) to understand what just happened.

It's just hard for me to do that with this movie, and that's probably why I lost interest. I can follow the main plot but the family intrigues pile up quickly.

Anyway, I was wondering what others think of this movie. It was technically a "box office success" -- I guess it made a profit. But it didn't turn into a major billion-dollar franchise.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is best Comedy Movies to watch in free time? geekguy1829 1 918 September 17th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Which is the best Hollywood movies to watch in my free time? geeknerd360 2 996 September 5th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Watch these amazing music videos that tell fantasy stories FilmGuy 2 2,269 May 13th, 2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Andy Williams 'Music to Watch the Girls Go By' Michael 0 403 August 9th, 2018, 11:49 PM
  Watch these cool "Heineken" commercials FilmGuy 5 4,445 October 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Watch these Coca-Cola Happiness Factory Videos FilmGuy 1 914 September 12th, 2013, 12:46 AM
  TOO expensive to watch 3-D movies badlands 4 956 June 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM
  Videos: Watch 3 trailers for "Megamind" Michael 0 559 May 21st, 2010, 12:45 AM
  Video - Watch "Princess of the Universe" Parts 1 and 2 Michael 0 350 September 21st, 2009, 02:50 AM