Top 5 Time Travel Movies
Do the hair-raising plots of best time travel movies fascinate you? Did the incidents of the future, and travel back to the past ever captivate you? Yes, millions like you love watching time travel movies on-screen but scratch their head while understanding the complex storylines and astonishing plot twists of sci-fi movies.
Sooooo.....got a top five list?

Classics like Time After Time and The Time Machine would likely be there for me.  Under comedy you've have to include Time Bandits and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.  The granddaddy of them all, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court would be in there.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Well, my top 5 time travel movies would be:
  • Time Cop
  • The Time Travelers (from 1964)
  • Back to the Future (the trilogy)
  • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
  • Beyond the Time Barrier (1960)

I like Time Cop because it's just such a well-executed concept. You can do almost anything with time travel but I think this is Jean-Claude van Damme's best performance, and he had a solid supporting cast.

The Time Travelers came at the tail end of the "nuclear war will destroy civilization" era in the movies, but it was largely apolitical and it still holds up well (in my opinion). Some of the characters are corny and stereotyped, but the concept has always impressed me as being well thought-out.

Back to the Future does everything wrong but it's just a fun bunch of movies.

Star Trek IV remains one of the best in the franchise. I think because it just focuses on character - but maybe because it's also as relevant today as it was in the 1980s.

Beyond the Time Barrier is another post-apocalyptic story, but this one has nothing to do with nuclear war. Humanity has been all but wiped out by a devastating plague and the last survivors are struggling to hold off a wave of mutants. Of course, the mutants are a convenient threat and some people would argue that the plague was a metaphor for nuclear war. But the movie's main premise was that if we know we'll create a terrible future for ourselves, then we have a chance to avert it.

Recent events seem to suggest we don't take advantage of advance warnings, though.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there were more movies based on the Narnia series. badlands 3 534 August 7th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Lawerence Yep books to be made into movies badlands 1 661 June 7th, 2015, 11:50 AM
  Wrinkle in Time by Engle badlands 4 572 January 7th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post: august
  Why aren't more fantasy and science fiction books made into movies? badlands 9 1,756 November 6th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Best Stephen King Books that were made into movies badlands 2 518 November 17th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Last Post: HMart
  Land/People Time Forgot on ALN august 1 508 July 23rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
  Movies or t.v series based on Lovecraft's work? badlands 7 2,930 July 14th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Last Post: august
  The Land That Time Forgot remake on Syfy Sat. 2/20 @ 9 PM august 8 3,429 June 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Mark
  Seattle Lovecraft Play: "Madness Out Of Time", Oct. 9 - Nov. 14 Michael 0 1,217 October 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
  Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series Graphic Adaptation The_Khan 14 2,153 June 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Last Post: The_Khan