Oort Cloud Hides Alien Ships and Artifacts
Many items headed toward our solar system never made it because they collide with some of the millions of ice chunks in the surrounding Oort Cloud.

A mission to the massive Oort Cloud has been cataloging all the artifacts from other systems and galaxies that have been caught in this protective layer for our solar system. The mission has just found two damaged alien spaceships that did not successfully navigate their way through.

Link to a relevant article:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210...ther-stars
What would it take to explore the Oort Cloud? I don't think we're explored the requirements for such a massive mapping operation (in fiction). Usually you get something like 1 ship or 1 satellite that does all the mapping. That would be some advanced technology indeed.

I imagine we'd have to pass through intermediate stages of sending probes throughout the cloud, gradually improving the scanning, data storage, and analysis technologies. And then you need new propulsion systems, probably several types of AI to help manage all the sub-systems, sophisticated fuel and engineering systems, and more.

So just getting to the point where we could explore the Oort Cloud with a chance of finding alien artifacts (ships or whatever) would be an adventure of several lifetimes, I think.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Artifact on Titan Shaped Like a Cross DrTonyMcCaffrey 6 81 July 19th, 2021, 09:46 AM
Last Post: DrTonyMcCaffrey
  Alien Abductees Treated as "Beloved Pets" DrTonyMcCaffrey 1 78 July 1st, 2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Alien Artifacts on Titan Are Puzzles DrTonyMcCaffrey 2 119 June 21st, 2021, 07:02 AM
  Alien Clue: Visual Void with Intense Heat DrTonyMcCaffrey 1 153 June 21st, 2021, 01:38 AM
  Slime Mold Reclassified as Alien Organism DrTonyMcCaffrey 4 110 June 18th, 2021, 06:18 PM
  Photosynthezing Alien "breathes" O2 & CO2 DrTonyMcCaffrey 0 141 May 27th, 2021, 07:38 AM
  Alien DNA Found at Domestic Crime Scene DrTonyMcCaffrey 3 150 May 15th, 2021, 03:51 PM