Johnny Depp
Would he make a great Edgar Allan Poe? Tim Burton should direct a movie about Edgar Allan Poe and have Helen Bonham Carter portray his beloved wife Elenor.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
If anyone can do fun creepy movies, Burton is the man. He could take Poe's life and turn it into an interesting montage of the man, his stories, and his life.

And, yes, I think Depp would make a great Edgar Allen Poe.
Just three questions:

Wasn't Poe's wife named Virginia? And given that she died at 24, would the now-54-year-old Helena Bonham Carter (56 by the time any move came out) be the best choice?  And given that she and Burton broke up in 2014 and haven't worked together since... wouldn't that be a little awkward?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
(May 9th, 2021, 04:02 AM)august Wrote: Just three questions:

Wasn't Poe's wife named Virginia? And given that she died at 24, would the now-54-year-old Helena Bonham Carter (56 by the time any move came out) be the best choice?  And given that she and Burton broke up in 2014 and haven't worked together since... wouldn't that be a little awkward?

Yes. I believe badlands may be thinking of the short story "Eleonora".

But we could always have an alternate universe Poe story, like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (a movie I enjoyed but which fans of the graphic novel hated - but, still ...)

As for Burton and Bonham Carter's personal lives, can't a fan have fannish dreams?
(May 9th, 2021, 12:29 PM)Michael Wrote: As for Burton and Bonham Carter's personal lives, can't a fan have fannish dreams?

LOL - in that case, I'd like to see James Whale direct Basil Rathbone and Katherine Cornell as Poe and his wife. Wink  Tongue
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Don't know how Whale could do that, but the technology exists to integrate deceased actors into new films. There's the old Steve Martin Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid method of integrating clips of old movies into the storyline, and there is the Rogue One method of using CGI to impose the deceased actor's image onto a motion-capture actor's physical form.

I enjoyed the way Rogue One resurrected Peter Cushing. I'm sorry many other people did not.
Johnny Depp would also be a great Vlad the Impaler, Helen Bonham Carter would be a great Elizabeth Barthory ( blood countess). Amber Heard could be Vlad’s wife.
I think the days of Depp and Heard together are over.
Maybe have Tom Hanks as Edgar Allah Poe.
Now, that Depp’s reputation has clear. Should he play the Pirates of Caribbean or something else. Maybe play John Wilkins Booth.
I'm not sure it's correct to say that Johnny Depp's reputation has been cleared. He admitted to some pretty awful behavior in court.

But he also said in court that he would never appear in the PoTC franchise again. So I think that deal is dead.
Maybe Tim Burton will direct them with Helena Bonham Carter and a cgi Peter Cushing.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing Johnny Depp with Robert Downey JR badlands 2 648 January 12th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Johnny Depp badlands 5 854 December 27th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Johnny Depp in an Agatha Christie movie badlands 2 656 June 7th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  Is Johnny Depp or Martin Sheen going to be in movie about WW II? badlands 2 872 January 15th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Welcome all Johnny Depp newbies here gamze-jo 213 26,413 September 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Last Post: badlands
  What are your favourite Johnny Depp movies? Mrs. Sparrow 88 14,021 April 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
  Johnny Depp insists he's no sell-out Michael 2 918 November 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
  Depp and Burton to Remake "Dark Shadows" RobRoy 5 1,308 August 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
  Johnny Depp to take on "Night Stalker" for Disney Michael 0 628 July 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM
  Johnny Depp News for Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 Actor News Updates 0 670 January 29th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Actor News Updates