Bruce in "Congo" on HBO Tues. 6/22 @ 8 AM (he's done by 8:05)
Thurs., June 5th at 9:00 PM EDT on USA, then again Friday, June 6th at 4:00 PM EDT.

http://www.usanetwork.com/movies/congo/

This is the movie about which Bruce always says "So you take a script by the screenwriter of Moonstruck, based on a novel by the guy who wrote Jurassic Park - you take leads who were in Ghostbusters and Hunt for Red October, and the director from Arachnophobia - you've got a hit, right? Wrong - you've got "Congo."
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hey, I just saw him! Completely by accident, too. I was flipping channels and there he was. I admit, if I hadn't read Bruce's book where he talks about the fun he had in Costa Rica (?) during the filming, I would have thought they were on a set. And kind of a cheap-looking set, as well.
But hey, he looked good, he got all wet ( :leech: ), he got to eat one more piece of chocolate before he died, and he managed one good scream. Plus it was all over about 5 minutes into the movie. (Unlike some of the excruciating waits for Bruce to show up in other bad movies of his.) So as a Bruce bit-part, it wasn't too bad! :laugh:
Give Food for Free to Hungry People in the World: The Hunger Site.
It's on Sci-Fi today (Sat. 8/30) at 4:30 PM EDT

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hee, hee, enjoy the five minutes of Bruce-y goodness!

"Congo" is on USA tonight (Sun. 9/15) at 6:30 PM EDT and again at 2:30 Mon. afternoon (opposite himself on Sci-Fi in Hercules, and then on TNT in Charmed!)

Also.....

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" airs on AMC tonight just after midnight at 12:15 AM. Why is this relevant? :laugh: it's where "Klaatu varada ...necktie...nickel..." comes from!

And "The Quick and the Dead" (the Sam Raimi western that Bruce talks about in his book) airs at 10:15 PM EDT on TBS on Thursday 9/18 and again at 2:15 AM. See https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...eadid=2558 for details.
"Congo" wasn't a bad movie. It was just an unsucessful one. I enjoyed it.

Don't own the DvD just yet....
Bruce's 5 minutes are on at 9 EDT tonight on USA and again at 10:30 AM EDT tomorrow.

Congo (1995)

----------------------------------------------------------

Congo (1995)
USA Jul 08 09:00pm Movies, 150 Mins.
** (Rated PG-13)

Killer gorillas menace an ex-CIA agent, a primatologist and others on a mission in Africa. Based on Michael Crichton's book. Adult Situations; Language.

Cast: Dylan Walsh, Laura Linney, Ernie Hudson, Tim Curry, Grant Heslov, Joe Don Baker, Lorene Noh, Misty Rosas.
Director(s): Frank Marshall.
Producer(s): Kathleen Kennedy, Sam Mercer.
------------------------------------------------
Future Airings:
Congo (1995), USA Jul 09 10:30am
Dang, and I didn't surf to that channel until 10 minutes after the hour, so I missed Bruce. *Pout.* Even worse, I was just in time to see Joe Don Baker!
But at least it reminded me of the passage in Bruce's book where he talks about what a great time he had in Costa Rica, body-surfing and whatnot, while the "big name" actors sweated in the jungle.
Also, it made me wish that Bruce and Tim Curry could have had some scenes together. That would be good. Although they were both in McHale's Navy, weren't they? Did they have any scenes together in that?
Surely they did, since Curry was the main villain, and so McHale's men must have been face to face with him at some point. Althpough I doubt he and Bruce spoke directly to each other.

I'm not sure where I read it - so it may have been Bruce's book - but he spoke highly of the boots his character wore in "Congo," and so kept them after shooting was done (although they made him buy them.) He still wears them - not sure if it's the same pair, or just the same brand, but he says they are just the best for rugged outdoor wear.
Bruce's 5 minutes can be seen on USA on Tuesday 9/20 at 9 PM EDT, and again on Wed. 9/21 at 5 PM EDT.
The return of Congo - I truly have not seen it listed anywhere in recent years. But Cinemax now has it, and is airing it on Th. 8/6 at 11:30 AM, and then Sat. 8/15 at 4:30 PM, Tues. 8/25 at 4:30 PM, Mon. 8/31 at 3 AM, and then over on MoreMax Wed. 9/2 at 9:40 AM, Tues. 9/15 at 7:10 PM, and Mon. 9/21 at 1:00 PM. And ten believe it or not, on to mainstream HBO:

Sat. 10/3 - 6:30 AM , and Fr. 10/9 at 6:10 AM.
Back in rotation this month, incl. at 8 AM this coming Tues. 6/22 on HBO, and then on HBO2 Tues. July 6, at 6:00 AM.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 273 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 6,450 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Last Post: august
Wink Bruce Campbell to star in ABC sitcom ? august 0 176 March 11th, 2021, 07:41 PM
  Believe it! Bruce Campbell is reviving Ripley's Believe It or Not! august 8 1,034 June 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM
  Bruce Campbell memes from all over august 0 457 March 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
  Bruce Campbell on AMC's Lodge 49 august 0 454 September 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM
  Bruce has a new book - "Hail to the Chin!" august 3 620 August 28th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 467 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 547 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  Lucy Lawless and Bruce Campbell on Late Show with Colbert (Nov. 10) august 0 447 January 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM