Nice people do exist!
Hello Kind Folks!

I Just got back from vacation to Tennessee while there we stopped by to visit with Caroline Fike a close friend of Andre's. Caroline is moving and down sizing and she GAVE me her entire Andre Norton collection, along with Signed editions of both Witch World Maps by Mary Hanson-Roberts, her collections of Robert Jordon, Elizabeth Peters and Mercedes Lackey and some additional items totaling over 500 books.

Heard some amazing stories of Andre and others, and yeppers she named names. Very interesting visit.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - Andre-Norton-Books.com
Amazing visit. Thanks for the report.
Irene
Awesome!

And I have a seemingly weird question: how did Andre pronounce her name? ANDre or AHNdre?
(April 27th, 2021, 05:38 PM)Taliesin Wrote: Awesome!

And I have a seemingly weird question: how did Andre pronounce her name? ANDre or AHNdre?

I would say AHNdre
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
I would say AHN dr-ay

She did mention that Andre was the feminine form of André
(note the accent on the e).

I do think that she would have corrected me, had I been saying her name incorrectly.
Irene
Thanks to both of you. I've said it both ways (always "dray" for the second syllable), but was curious as to the "correct" way.

Mike
What an amazing visit!  I'm so glad you had that experience.

Can you share any of the stories?

Jerrie
I'm thinking that that is not such a good idea.
(April 29th, 2021, 06:56 PM)Lots-A-Watts Wrote: I'm thinking that that is not such a good idea.

Oh my! That makes it sound even more mysterious.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's a nice find Lots-A-Watts 6 632 February 17th, 2020, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Jerrie
  C/A Andre Reading Club--Star Ka'ats and The Plant People Paul Goode 1 360 May 3rd, 2015, 09:59 AM
Last Post: jmelsna
  Star Ka'at and the Plant People Lots-A-Watts 5 1,058 September 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Does ths title exist? Lots-A-Watts 4 919 August 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Irene