Moon Called - Discusson
https://www.tor.com/2021/03/01/tweaking-...on-called/
I have fallen behind. Mostly because I just don't like BREED TO COME. Can I skip to the next book?
Irene
Sure!

Jerrie
MOON CALLED by Andre Norton finished 3/7/2021

I have a print of the frontispiece art on the wall above my computer.

This is the story of a young woman with a gem stone (moonstone?) of power in a world that has fallen back to a Feudal state from what was (perhaps) more advanced. But still there are things of "the dark" happening.
Thora had been a novice in a cult that worshiped "The Lady", and was away from The Craigs when it was overrun, and sacked by pirates. In a world with spears, knives and swords, she has since traveled on her own with a Dog as her companion. Killing to stay alive, hardening herself to a life in the wild, and avoiding Traders, who might take slaves, and avoiding any building that might be a temptation. She comes across what must be a Trader's rest stop, and her dog urges her within, where she encounters a being who is sick and probably dying. Bringing the creature (possibly a tailless cat, or a clawed ape), away and nursing it to health, starts the adventure.

I don't know if it was just Andre Norton, but the ending is not the standard Fantasy ending.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moon of three rings & ice crown Irene 7 528 May 30th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Jerrie
  Moon Of Three Rings discussion Jerrie 2 404 March 14th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Andre Reading Club--Moon Called Paul Goode 0 301 November 25th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Andre Reading Club--Moon of Three Rings Paul Goode 1 489 June 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts