Wheel of Stars - Discussion
Yea OK!

https://www.tor.com/2020/09/28/spinning-...-of-stars/
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
I'm about half way. this is NOT the easiest book to read. It's a mix of fantasy, and (perhaps) romance novel.

However, the protagonist is a woman who is acting as a librarian in a small town, someplace (Baltimore? ) so, that part is "write what you know".
Irene
This is either a pretty bad Romance novel with fantasy elements, or a Fantasy novel.

I'll assume that the Romance Novel was not the purpose. Note: I have not yet read the review on the TOR site.

So, this is a Fantasy Novel. A young(ish) woman, living alone at the edge of town. Working as a Librarian, without the college degree, but with good research skills. Meets the mysterious woman who's family owns the mansion just outside of town. The house has stood there forever, or certainly before the town existed in1730. The house is a treasure trove of items that were brought back to the house by generations of travelers. And the heroine, Gwennan, is flattered. But, Lady Lyle is old, and tired.

Oh, just for fun, there is a trio of standing stones on a small rise on the mansions property. There is also a woods that is dark and scary. Both, just a walk away from Gwennan's house

But there is a new Lyle in town, the young Tor, and he is evil. Or at least he seems so.

So, with the aide of a watch like necklace, that is mysteriously left inside her locked house, Gwennan opens doors, gates and stones, and follows down dark passages until she reaches the end.

This is not one of the Norton books that I read often. In fact it had been so long that I remembered almost nothing of the plot when I picked it up again. I doubt that I will re-read it any time soon.

Following link to the TOR site review now.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Key of the Keplian - Discussion Marron4Gateau 11 652 April 6th, 2022, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Judith Tarr’s Reread Conclusion - Discussion Marron4Gateau 3 324 April 5th, 2022, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Ciara’s Song - Discussion Marron4Gateau 4 365 March 6th, 2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  Firehand - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 207 February 16th, 2022, 09:44 PM
  The Jekyll Legacy - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 264 February 2nd, 2022, 02:36 AM
  _To The King a Daughter_ discussion Jerrie 1 373 January 24th, 2022, 01:16 PM
  Beast Master’s Circus - Discussion Marron4Gateau 3 470 January 6th, 2022, 10:53 AM
  Imperial Lady - Discussion Marron4Gateau 8 725 December 30th, 2021, 10:33 AM
  Day of the Ness - Discussion Marron4Gateau 1 396 December 7th, 2021, 09:51 AM
  The Elvenbane - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 317 November 8th, 2021, 11:58 PM