_The White Jade Fox_ discussion
https://www.tor.com/2020/08/03/andre-nor...-jade-fox/

Jerrie
OK. I'll pull this down off the shelf for reading.
Irene
this took about a day to read.

First caveat: You have to not hate romance novels.

Accepting that, I like this book. The premise is possible, in that a girl left orphaned, would travel to her half brother. The refer to "Sussex", where our heroine Saranna had lived, as if it was part of New York. But I get the impression that after her mother's death, she had sailed from Sussex in England to New York, and then to Baltimore. All of these places mentioned as if they were cities.
But, this is most probably Sussex county in England, rather than Sussex county in Delaware, New York or New Jersey.
Ignore that minor gaff.

This is a time of Sailing ships, Ships that sail for China to open trade. Sea Captains who come home with a treasure, or never come home at all. This is also a Maryland where slavery exists, and people are forced to deal with, and to be slaves.
So Saranna arrives, lonely, isolated, and dropped at her step-brother's fancy home. Her Step-bother is more her mother's age than hers, he is about to leave for several months to visit coffee plantations, and leaves her in the hands of his daughter.
So Saranna is shipped up river to the plantation of that daughter's husband's family. More trouble exists here, as the house and property had be left to that husband's young daughter. On a property which protects foxes, and has a lost garden, thought to be wild, where the foxes live.
I won't tell you how this ends.... It's a Norton romance: so there are troubles before the book ends.

this is light fluffy reading.
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huon of the Horn - Discussion Marron4Gateau 2 21 Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Atlantis Endgame - Discussion Marron4Gateau 2 61 October 6th, 2021, 11:11 AM
  Derelict for Trade - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 87 September 27th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  Sneeze On Sunday - Discussion Lots-A-Watts 1 60 August 30th, 2021, 11:52 PM
  Sneeze on Sunday (aka Murders for Sale) - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 71 August 30th, 2021, 11:51 PM
  Seven Spells to Sunday - Discussion Marron4Gateau 2 83 August 24th, 2021, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Rogue Reynard - Discussion Marron4Gateau 2 93 August 4th, 2021, 04:30 PM
  Perilous Dreams - Discussion Marron4Gateau 2 209 July 31st, 2021, 05:11 PM
  The Warding of Witch World - Discussion Marron4Gateau 6 262 June 26th, 2021, 12:04 PM
  No Night Without Stars - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 103 June 22nd, 2021, 09:43 PM