looking for feedback
As well as Andre Norton and her work I have been interested in ACE Double books foe several decades. The couple of sites that exist pertaining to ACE Doubles are not very good sites in my opinion. I don't like the way they are laid out, the way images are shown, or even the funky backgrounds used.

It is really rather amazing (at least to me) the title combinations and the cover-art is just amazing. I believe I have amassed info on all of them. Sci-fi, westerns, mysteries and a small amount of others.

I'm thinking of doing a site of my own but I can't afford to host another site. Meaning I would have to attach it to the andre-norton-books site. I'm thinking of "ace.doubles.project.at.andre-norton-books.com"

I'm looking for feedback about this. Is the address to long? (have to keep the andre-norton-books part) Would any of you be interested in checking it out if I create it?

Seriously - give me your opinion.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
Couldn't it just be a page at the site? andre-norton-books.com/acedoubles ?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
(July 29th, 2020, 05:04 PM)august Wrote: Couldn't it just be a page at the site?  andre-norton-books.com/acedoubles ?

Yes and you are not the first to ask. I am starting to lean that way.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
I might call it "All.acedoubles" to avoid the assumption that it is just the ACE doubles with include Andre Norton.

Before you go this route you need to make sure that you are not stepping on the pages created by Whomever is controls ACE, and the ACE logo, today. Which is probably Penguin.

Good luck. ...... I forgot. Yes, I'd be willing to do a quick look over for stuff. I used to be pretty good at that.
Irene
Irene,
Thanks for the input.
Over the years I have tried to contact ACE and other places along with various people concerning copyrights. Some have gotten back to me and some have not. All of those that have gotten back to me always say yes as long as I cite their copyright. And so, those who do not contact me are treated the same. I cite the source of the material I have collected. I have tried very hard to design the site so that if I am contacted by a person or entity with complaints about me posting their stuff I can shut it down with one or two clicks. For instance "The Sorcerer's Conspectus" which is the archive of all the wiki stuff about Witch World. All 175 pages of that can go away with 1 click after logging on to my site. All my ACE Double info is public info from several different sources, just organized different than the others and in one place.

Besides it being a special interest of mine, my reason for wanting to do it is that the number 1 place the info comes from has some of the worst backgrounds I have ever seen and I find it almost impossible to read. Plus most of their image scans suck and I have much better ones. It's all in a very old Windows Frames format (like my very first Andre site) so it will take time for me to transfer it to the site.
Plus I'm old, retired and like playing on the computer, but I don't like computer games and so I compile stuff.

As for your willingness to edit stuff. I'm not assigning stuff to anybody. If you want to help with editing just pick something and send me the edits or corrections and it usually gets corrected that day. With 1200 plus individual pages there is plenty to correct I'm sure.

I've posted this subject at several S/M sites and from the feedback I think it will be andre-norton-b..../my.ace.double.project
andre-norton-b..../my.ace.double.project

I like it.

Let me know if you need Norton covers. I tend to have the Ace Doubles, singles, and later Ace edition covers.
Irene
"Let me know if you need Norton covers. I tend to have the Ace Doubles, singles, and later Ace edition covers."

Oh - you are in comedy mode this morning.

The one thing I don't need is Norton cover-art.

But - Thank You
OK. I just don't have (m)any of the other Doubles. I have the actual books, so I have both sides.

And no, that was sincere, not an attempt at comedy.
Irene
All Right.
My Ace Doubles Project is underway.
I've done the opening page and the first 3 science fiction pages.

Let Me Know What You Think.

http://andre-norton-books.com/my-ace-doubles-project
Very informative! Also, the last word in your second paragraph should be "browse", not "brows." That's the only typo I spotted; good job!

Jerrie
Thanks Jerrie - for both the kind words and the typo!

Oh and by they way - I have completed the first 10 (lettered) pages of the sci-fi section. As you can see I'm going in order. Or at least trying.

My info went in different files as I acquired it. So now I'm verifying and integrating it all into one. I forgot how much there is.
Should you ever decide to move the subfolder to a subdomain I would make the subdomain a short name like:

ace.andre-norton-books.com

Short URLs are easier to remember.
And Now I'm finished with both the Sci-Fi and Western sections.

If you like horse pictures you'll like the Western section.

http://andre-norton-books.com/miscellane...es-project
OK - So now I'm done! Yay!

I was way off on my original estimate of just over 2000 entries.

The total number of listings is 669 with 1280 covers (Sci-fi and Westerns have some single covers)
That's after years of searching for the info. So I'm pretty sure I have them all.

Sci-Fi has 254 listings with 475 covers (33 singles)
Westerns have 273 listings and 521 covers (25 singles)
Mysteries have 142 listings with 284 covers

And I'm ONLY MISSING ONE cover!

06001-2 ~ $0.95 ~ (1972) ~ Brian Wynne (aka: Brian Garfield) - Brand of the Gun (c.1968; November 1972; 3rd ACE printing)
If you have one please send me an image of it - in whatever condition it is in.

Browsing the covers makes me want to read a lot of these. Yes even the Westerns and Mysteries.

http://andre-norton-books.com/miscellane...es-project

MYCode Guide