A New/Old Mordomin story
I've extensively re-written, revised and greatly expanded my old story, "The Healing of Celebrían".

It contains all of the botched quotations, timeline errors, geographical displacement, and general ignorance of the canon that readers have come to expect from my stories.  Plus some butchering of Elvish (besides the name "Mordomin" itself, I mean).

The first part, "The Taking of Celebrían", is here.  If you are one of those people who like to skip to the end of stories, the last part, "The Succor of Celebrían", is here.

I look forward to your feedback!  Especially those who chose to skip to the last part...interested to know if it works that way (if so, I wasted a lot of time writing the first part, lol!).
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
I would very much like to know what the people of the forum think of the few Elven words I cobbled together for Mordomin's swords, and for the exclamation that Celebrian makes.  They are both (intended to be) in Quenya.  In the case of the Dwarf-made weapons, I think that the Dwarves would use Quenya rather than Sindarin, as they were 'closer' to the Noldor that the woodland elves generally.  And they wouldn't give a Dwarf-language name to something that they were making for an Elf.

Celebrian crying out in Quenya is due to her delirium; whether it has something more to with the nature of her torment or not I don't want to say at this point!
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
I enjoy your story very much. I don’t know much of the elvish language, but looks good to me.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
(June 15th, 2020, 05:48 PM)badlands Wrote: I enjoy your story very much. I don’t know much of the elvish language, but looks good to me.
Thank you, Badlands, very kind!

Some early feedback has been that there is more of the story to be told.  While this wasn't my plan (which was simply to update "The Healing of Celebrian" to include things that have been revealed about the character Mordomin in subsequently-written stories - and also to get rid of the Bram Stoker-ish blood exchange, while keeping the implication that Mordomin's curse influenced Celebrian's decision to leave Middle-earth...), but there are a number of new things that got introduced in the course of writing this that might need further explanation/exploration.

Such as:  who is Rácinamir?  who cast the spells upon the dead Elves?  What's up with Celebrían's reaction to seeing Mordomin?

As soon as I figure those things out, I'll get writing, LOL!

In the meantime, wild speculation welcome!
I'm not enough of a linguist to have an opinion on anyone's neo-elvish.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Introduction to Mordomin stories Mordomin 1 403 October 12th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  A new Mordomin story... Mordomin 1 270 August 22nd, 2018, 04:34 AM
  New Mordomin story "Destroyer of Dragons" now posted Mordomin 0 349 February 20th, 2018, 08:51 AM
  Forth the Mordomin-ingas! Mordomin 0 246 September 17th, 2017, 08:55 AM
  New Mordomin chapter posted Mordomin 8 481 September 16th, 2017, 03:55 AM
  A New Mordomin story comes to SF Fandom Mordomin 0 219 April 22nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
  A new Mordomin story Mordomin 1 310 July 3rd, 2016, 12:56 AM
  Mordomin versus the Bionic Man Mordomin 7 642 May 28th, 2016, 12:18 AM
  New Mordomin story Mordomin 3 328 March 20th, 2016, 08:47 PM
  Why does Mordomin hate trolls so much? Mordomin 12 823 August 16th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol